Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

In which NASA gets enough funding to continue the Skylab and Skylab B program, but the Saturn production line must be shut down.

The result? Titan IIIM. All the payload of Saturn IB at half the cost.

titanapollo2.jpg

In which NASA gets enough funding to continue the Skylab and Skylab B program, but the Saturn production line must be shut down.

The result? Titan IIIM. All the payload of Saturn IB at half the cost.

titanapollo2.jpg

that is so kool!:cool::cool:

now if it had Shuttle Type SRB's it would be even more awsome.

you got some pic's you can post here? would love to see it.

I'd have to draw it by hand, then scan it. i have no scanner, so the answer is nein!

What I had envisioned was a rocket the size of the pyramids capable of taking off Earth, flying to Luna, landing and then returning to Earth on a single tank of fuel. A bit of a monster, but you need it when you're stuck using chemical drives.

Wouldn't that need an awful lot of fuel to reach LEO ? It's really big and "fatty".

Well, yes, but undoubtedly because it is a SSTO vehicle, not because it's fatty. In fact, being large and fatty would be a good thing, since aerodynamic losses for rockets are usually pretty low (they rise about the sensible atmosphere quickly), and it would make for a relatively easy reentry profile. As with all SSTOs, though, the engineering ability is marginal.

You thought my earlier Lichtenstein Army helis were a bit far-fetched ?

Get a load of this... :p

P.S. I hope I got the translation into Catalan right...

Letecké krídlo Andorrskej armády - Pilatus PC-9M Defensor.png

Last edited:
Looks nice, almost like a trainer.

It is primarily a multi-purpose trainer. :p But some countries (Slovenia, Ireland, etc.) also use them in scouting/air policing roles and close air support (they're built with basic combat training - MGs, unguided rockets and bombs - in mind, with 4 hardpoints under the wings). I've heard some PMCs operating in Iraq have shown interest in them as well.

BTW, here's the roundel I made for the fictional Andorran ones (the country owns a total of 3 in this ATL). And, um, I wanted to name it the "Air Wing", but I've mistakenly labeled it as an "Air Corps". I've fixed it now.

Last edited:
Here's another Andorran plane (to make the Pilatus feel a little less lonelier). An Aérospatiale Alouette III, one of the nation's helis in this ATL. It serves in the Gendarmerie ("Gendarmeria" in Catalan) air unit and is dubbed "Gaig" - a callsign meaning "Jay" in Catalan. Besides the obligatory Andorran roundel at the back, the chopper also bares the coat of arms of Andorra's capital (it's stationed at the main heliport of the Gendarmerie headquarters).

The Andorran Gendarmerie of this ATL is part of the armed forces and serves the role of military police, counter-terrorist unit and border guard. The heli is used for scouting the country's borders, especially the ones that are located on sparsely visited mountain ranges - which are easily penetrable on foot, but inaccesible to ground vehicles.

Some ATL Andorran trivia :

The Andorran military (including the Andorran Army*) has several peculiarities, among them a more fluid boundary between the law enforcement and police institutions and the armed forces themselves. Since the country is small and lacks greater manpower and military supplies, it's quite understandable that the police and army work more closely together even in peace times. The OTL tradition of all weapon owners in Andorra automatically becoming soldiers in times of war is alive and well in this TL, but it's been modernized into a concept similar to the Swiss model of army service. The basic peace-time force is made up of cca 300 professional soldiers and personnel, but in times of war, the army grows ten times in size thanks to reservists with military training. Gun and weapon owners without military training are made into soldiers too, but they serve purely as backup militias and perform basic guarding, supplying and civil defence duties. If all goes to hell and Andorra is occupied, they are ordered to flee into the mountains and fight as guerillas alongside any surviving professionals and reservists.

* - it's more of a "general-purpose defence force", but the "Army" title is preferred in common usage just because it's more traditional both in Andorra and southern European countries (including neighbouring France and Spain)

Letecké krídlo Andorrskej armády - Aérospatiale Alouette III Gaig.png

What's that involve? Painting the payload fairing to look like the pope's hat?

It's a new space race. Jesus walked on water, but Americans walked on the moon. Now the Church has to figure out how it's going to get back the glory. And is it so strange to have the first men on Mars being Jesuits? And then there are the Europan Crusades.

Neat rocket too.

Saturns Splash!!

Something from Space.com...CGI of various Saturn V derivatives.

not bad, but mine are BAD ASSED!:cool:

and the best part is most if not all of these are from real world propsoals,
the ones with the Titan stages.

(pic found in a random google image search.)

SaturnsSplash.jpg