Peshwar Lancers Redux: Kingdom of Hawaii

Royal Hawaiian Naval Academy 1997 The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff was invited by the Senior Class and the Academy to address the student Body and guest. The Admiral knew that he was nearing the end of his military career and he wanted to share his thoughts with the cadets, their parents and other Naval Officers. He started off by thanking the Academy and the Senior class for inviting him and then he started his remarks.
" As I stand here before you I recall being a member of another class awaiting the speaker who would impart his wisdom. Like many others I thought that we knew a lot more and were wiser than those that came before us. I was however, surprised when the Speaker came before us. The Speaker was my Grandfather. He had served as a police officer, Asst Commissioner of Police, Director of the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency and finally as Prime Minister. His first remark was to remind us of our duty
to not only the Navy but to the Nation. He said your choices will not always be easy but by remaining true to the nation you will feel a reward more than if you got all of the riches in the world.
I graduated and started out as a line officer serving on a destroyer. But I had inherited the same knack for seeing things that others tried to hide so I was assigned to the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency.. I had been promoted and went to work for Colonel Wilcox who soon became General Wilcox. As you might recall his father also served as Prime Minister. I served in the agency rising to become deputy head and latter the Director when General Willcox returned to the air force.
Eventually I let the powers that be that I also had yearned to return to the fleet and I did. I commanded the Western Naval District and forces. I saw action. Then I had the Great Honor to be picked as Chief of Naval Operations. I thought that I had reached my goal and would retire as soon as my term was over. But it seemed that my nation had a need for me to asume an even higher position. I was selected to become the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and I had an even bigger responsibility.
I was given a chance to make sure that everyone who wears the uniform is well trained and prepared. It is a duty that I hold dear. I have tried to ensure that you will be the best trained and equipped to face the challenges that may come.
However eventually like all old sailors and soldiers it is time for me to pass the Baton. And like them I will never die but I will fade away. May God Bless and keep you all and this nation form Harm. God Bless Hawaii>"
Thunderous applause.

On The Admiral list of things to do was an address to the people at the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency and an address to the Cadets at the Royal Hawaiian Military and Air Force Academy. The Address to the Intelligence Service came 2 months after his address to the Naval Academy.
I would like to thank the Director for inviting me to address the people who play a critical role in insuring the safety of the nation. It seems a lifetime ago but I had the honor of working with the people who face the burdern of insuring that the Military and the political leaders are aware of any threat. I served as a department head, then Assistant Director under General Wilcox and finally as Director. Some of you may recall those days. It was a job that seemed at times to go on 24 hours a day seven days a week. My wife often wonder who was that stranger who appeared from time to time. I got to travel to some wonderful places and met some people who put their lives on the line. Things that only a select few would know about. I finally left this job to return to the navy. Let me assure you that we appreciate the jobs that you do. Let me tell you that during the crisis in the Caroline Islands it was this agency which provided information which allowed our Special Forces to surprise the enemy and insure the saving of both military and civilian lives. You may not get the press acknowledgement and that is because the nature of intelligence is secret. That is to protect you and to make sure that information continues to flow. But let me say on behalf of the Military and the people of Hawaii Thank You. If I could I would love to talk to everyone. So if I don't get a chance to talk to you let me say that I am proud of you all. May God bless you all and May God Bless Hawaii. Thank you!

Address to the Royal Hawaiian Military Academy July 1997. Admiral Kamehameha Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff.: " I would like to thank the Commandant of the Academy for giving me a chance to talk to the Students and the staff of this fine institution. Some may wonder why a Naval officer would want to talk to cadet of the Royal Hawaiian Army and Air Force. Well I am currently Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, a position which I have held for a number of years and as such I have to see the big picture. The Royal Hawaiian Army has played a critical role in the defense of the Kingdom. Engaging in Combat in foreign lands and in the defense of the Kingdom. Its members have shown outstanding courage and valor. The Royal Hawaiian Air Force has also played a role in the defense of this nation. It has brought the war to those who would dare to attack or threaten this Nation. I know first hand because my younger brother flew some of those missions.
As Chairman I need to look at the needs of all of the Armed Forces and press for the manpower and weapons needed to ensure the safety of the Nation.
Your education at this Academy will help to prepare you for the challenges that you might face. I have little doubt that there is a future Chief of Staff of the Army and of the Air Force among your ranks. And that there may be a future Chairman of the Joint chiefs of staff too.. I urge you all to learn as much as you can, to train as hard as you can, for as a drill instructor told me years ago sweat here now so you will not bleed on the battlefield.. You will be responsible for not only your life but all those entrusted to your Command. You are the few that have chosen to give their all to love of country.
I salute you all and wish you the best. I am about to conclude a military career of which I am proud. God Bless all of you and your families."

EH.jpg
The Prime Minister selected Admiral Charles D Taylor currently serving as the Chief of Naval Operations as the next Chairman of the Royal Hawaiian Joint Chiefs of Staff. The Admiral was related to the American Actor Earl Holliman and they looked very much alike.

Admiral Taylor was taking over as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. He was expected to travel to India, the Empire of the Rising Sun, Germany, Austria, France and Portugal.

Admiral Taylor was concern that a possible war on the Asian mainland could spill over resulting in a conflict much larger. It appeared that the new President of the Republic of China was attempting to reach out and settle any disputes diplomaticly. The Republic and the Empire of the Rising Sun had resolved some disputes. But it appeared that the Defense Minister of the Han Republic was pushing his government to stand firm- No compromise.

Hawaii was now expecting a series of visits by foreign leaders. The Prime Minister of Brazil would arrive and a week latter the President of the Republic of China. Ten days after that the President of the United States was going to be the quest of the King of Hawaii for ten days. Scheduled were two official dinners and three private meetings between the President and the Prime Minister. After that King/Emperor Charles III would be visiting Duke Kamehameha , formerly the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff..

Both America and Hawaii agreed to some arms sales to the Republic of China in an effort to strengthen the Chinese President and encourage the continued move away from confrontation to diplomacy. China had made some progress with its diplomatic efforts to recover the territory in Southern China that had once been part of the mainland and which the Empire had turned into an island. Trade was allowed and a bridge had been built to help facilitate it.
Still there was a continued fear of a war between the two very different Chinese states.

The Hawaiian Space Authority was meeting with its partners in what was now becoming the Terran Space Authority. Plans were underway to develop a realistic ability to conduct a landing on Mars by 2010. The authority thought that the effort would be a major under taking but in view of the fact that Earth had establish a base on the Moon it was looking far more realistic. Shielding and a larger craft meant that it would have to be done in stages. The Mars Astronaut group was now being pick with alternates and would begin training for the mission.

Hawaii's Prime Minister submitted a budget which restrained spending. The Prime Minister in a meeting with the cabinet explained that revenue was limited and thus everyone would have to make due with spending of less money. The Hawaiian Space Administration was told that there would be no spending increases for it in the budget. Experts were looking at all spending and looking to trim unnecessary spending. The Military on the other hand did get some good news money gained from the sale of ships and other Military hardware would be allowed to be spent on new purchases. However, there would be no massive increase in personnel. The military did manage to save money thus improving its position.
Secretary of Defense Thomas was back from a trip to Africa's restricted Zone. He had seen the complex that had been discovered and briefed the Special Cabinet group. The Special Cabinet Group included the Prime Minister, Secretary of State, Defense, Interior Minister, Attorney General and to this was added the National Security Advisor, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Director of the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency and the Secretary of Health. There was evidence that the Complex had been used to work on biological weapons. There was some indication that the complex may have played a roll in the massive life loss. There was a proposal that the complex be totally destroyed and to do that would require the use of a nuclear devise to insure that any threat to life was neutralized. Conventional explosives were ruled out and dropping a bomb would involve the release of too much radiation. thus the devise would need t be exploded under ground. The area estimated to be 10 square miles would be permanently placed on the restricted list surrounded by a double barbed wire fence and a mine field.

One of the questions that the Secretary of Defense was asked was did the group have any indication as to who was behind this action od Massive terrorism. The Secretary said that British, American, German and now Hawaiian Intelligence was studying the evidence. There was nothing so far that gave a clear indication as to who was behind it. Some documents in Arabic had been found as well as some African and some writings in French and English. Some of the medical equipment was attempted to be traced but the process was slow. The Royal Hawaiian Constabulary was working as a clearing house to try to assist the British and Americans in putting the pieces together.

The Royal Hawaiian Constabulary's Lab was examining samples of the concrete used in the construction of the building in Africa. The lab was trying to find out where the concrete came from and if it matched construction style in Africa. The Conclusion was that the concrete mix came from outside the region. According to the Americans some of the equipment seemed to match a design of equipment that had been of US design however, the conclusion was that it was not manufactured in the US. The design appeared to match a late1950s or early 1960s. It was likely build in another country.
The wiring was also another piece of the puzzle. It was of top grade quality of a military grade. British and German Intelligence traced it to the Ottoman Empire to a shipment that had disappeared from a military warehouse in 1965.

late1950s or early 1960s
That's OTL late 1940's tech.:eek: It's not the best to deal with this kind of virus.
The wiring was also another piece of the puzzle. It was of top grade quality of a military grade. British and German Intelligence traced it to the Ottoman Empire to a shipment that had disappeared from a military warehouse in 1965
Was it done with official backing?

The Royal Hawaiian Constabulary was consulting with the Royal Hawaiian Army's Chemical and Biological Warfare Unit. The Unit had come into being back in the 1960's and despite the title it was not a unit that waged war with these weapons but one that sought ways to defend against them. It had a special Lab on an island isolated. There they were able to test how to fight these terrible horrors. Everything about this was classified Top Secret, The Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency contacted Intelligence services in the US, Britain, Germany, Austria, France, South Africa and Brazil. The Germans and the Austrians began to secretly look at the Ottoman Connection. It appeared that they uncovered something that might be related to the threat. It also appeared that the terrorist threat that had come alive in Bolivia also had a connection. Brazil agreed to handle this part of the investigation and Keep the Royal Hawaiian Intelligence Agency up to date.