Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

The "7-8 episodes max is the new normal mentality" is never adapted by the television industry and rather it becomes a case-by-case situation depending on the show in question and the character arcs being planned, leading to some shows have shorter 7-8 episodes while others get the old 13-20 episode range order.

I don't buy many of the excuses for it all being short nowadays.

Something like a realistic drama or a more grounded tv show, or even urban fantasy, could use a smaller episode order, but something like a sci-fi or fantasy epic could use a longer episode order
I agree, I wasn’t even aware this was something that was happening.

An Owl House prequel that shows Vee's time at Reality Check camp and living as Luz. I honestly think the story of Vee adapting to American society would make for a very interesting story.
I could see that as an interesting spin-off. Issue is you would need to get Dana Terrace to come back to write it, and from what I understand she wants to do other stuff now.

Could we see something like this in, say ten years, or is a next gen Owl House reboot more likely at this point?
I'm not sure we will ever get a reboot unless Disney decides to milk it for money in which case its almost certainly going to be an awful disappointment. The creator of the show seems to be interested in doing other stuff for the forseeable future.

Eh, trust me, as someone who watched in real time as multiple shows I loved turned into boring slogs because they just kept going, having a show end on a high note is a blessing.

Many of us agree that the Simpsons, Fairly Oddparents, and Spongebob would've been better off if allowed to end gracefully around or after their high points. My personal belief is that the SImpsons should've ended in 2000, FOP in 2006, and Spongebob in 2004, but that's just me.

But I think looking at the old story in a new way, or more specifically looking at the story from a different POV, isn't inherently a bad thing. I am not arguing for 30 seasons of the Owl House that allows Disney to shamelessly profit from an IP, but a short prequel story about a beloved character. Tom Stoppard made us care about the likes of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after all.

Eh, trust me, as someone who watched in real time as multiple shows I loved turned into boring slogs because they just kept going, having a show end on a high note is a blessing.
Many of us agree that the Simpsons, Fairly Oddparents, and Spongebob would've been better off if allowed to end gracefully around or after their high points. My personal belief is that the SImpsons should've ended in 2000, FOP in 2006, and Spongebob in 2004, but that's just me.

But I think looking at the old story in a new way, or more specifically looking at the story from a different POV, isn't inherently a bad thing. I am not arguing for 30 seasons of the Owl House that allows Disney to shamelessly profit from an IP, but a short prequel story about a beloved character. Tom Stoppard made us care about the likes of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern after all.
I personally think The Owl House deserved to have five seasons to probably flesh out the characters, story, world-building, and plot, but I can see where the point comes from.

I personally think The Owl House deserved to have five seasons to probably flesh out the characters, story, world-building, and plot, but I can see where the point comes from.

I think we should've gotten a full third season to see the Hexsquad adapting to life in Connecticut and it's a shame Disney pulled the plug on that!

But would a full fourth season been in the cards? Or was three full seasons enough?

I think we should've gotten a full third season to see the Hexsquad adapting to life in Connecticut and it's a shame Disney pulled the plug on that!

But would a full fourth season been in the cards? Or was three full seasons enough?
I think it was conceived as 3 seasons pretty early on, so any extra time would have just gone to making season 3 properly fleshed out and maybe adding some extra standalone adventures to the others.

I think it was conceived as 3 seasons pretty early on, so any extra time would have just gone to making season 3 properly fleshed out and maybe adding some extra standalone adventures to the others.

But would, say, a short prequel series about Vee's early life in Gravesfield be a good idea? Or would that be drawing out the Owl House instead of letting it rest with dignity?

Three (full) seasons would’ve been enough for me, but in my ideal world I would’ve preferred five, so the show would’ve aired sometime between 2020 and 2025 in that timeline.