You have ever half planned some ATL timelines who likely will never be written?

WWI Never happens due to Halt in Belgrade: someone else has it now and "The German Century" has some very similar ideas.
A timeline where the U.S. collapses due to a mega economic depression (TL ends in the 1970s, maybe in the other thread?)
Some weird one with Taylor Swift in it that I'm worried runs into copyright issues (and PoD is somewhere in the 2000s+, maybe goes in the other thread)
Timeline where China stays fractured, causing competition between countries that leads to a less stagnant China? (Not a China expert)

I've always had this idea for a timeline where the US enters WWI early on the side of Britain and France, and this leads to the Allies losing.

Sadly I'm not a military historian and I'm afraid I'd have to do a LOT of research to make it work like I'd want it to. But, that being said, it's still a good idea to hash out with friends and it might see the light of day, sometime.

I've always had this idea for a timeline where the US enters WWI early on the side of Britain and France, and this leads to the Allies losing.

Sadly I'm not a military historian and I'm afraid I'd have to do a LOT of research to make it work like I'd want it to. But, that being said, it's still a good idea to hash out with friends and it might see the light of day, sometime.
Why would that lead to the allies losing if the US enters WWI on the side of Britain and France early? I don't understand how that would be possible. Now US siding with Germany would certainly but I'm not sure how early US involvement in WWI on the side of Britain and France hurts them.

Why would that lead to the allies losing if the US enters WWI on the side of Britain and France early? I don't understand how that would be possible. Now US siding with Germany would certainly but I'm not sure how early US involvement in WWI on the side of Britain and France hurts them.

Because: politics. Basically, the US enters the war less prepared than in OTL due to the Preparedness programs not being implemented yet. It takes a while for the US to mobilize but the Allies are begging for American troops. And so a first wave comes over prior to the main brunt of American soldiers.

These Americans are intagrated into the already established British and French forces instead of being seperate under their own command (something both the French and British wanted in OTL but didn't get). Unfortunately, the American soldiers are used - in the eyes of the American media and public at least - as cannon fodder. Jokes abound about how "The King has vowed to fight to the last American!"

By the time the main American forces arrive, they've learned their lesson, and American troops are serving under American generals. Unfortunately, there is now a desire to show what American troops can really do if given a shot, and this leads to some ill-conceived battles where the Americans get throughlly bloodied.

By this point the US public has grown sick of the conflict and a Republican peace candidate becomes elected President in 1916. He negotiates a separate peace with the Germans which gives the US enough face saving clauses that they can turn around and say that American honor was upheld.

Of course, suddenly having the Americans leaving, throws the Allies lines into chaos and convinces some fence sitters such as Italy that the Allied cause in doomed, so they throw their hat in with the Central Powers.

It ends up just being a mess, and probably leads to years of acrimony between the United States and it's one-time allies, as well as a German victory.

There's more too it and, as I said, I'd need to do a LOT more research to make it work. But that's the outline at least. Pretty much it started out as an idea to counteract all of the "America Gets Involved Early and Save the Day" timelines that I've seen over the years.

They are simultaneously involved in the chaos in Mexico as well and meanwhile McAdoo failed to shut down Wall Street on time in 1914 causing the United States to fall into a depression, so they are stretched past their limits by siding with Britain and France. In 1916 Robert LaFollette runs on a peace platform against Wilson and wins heavily, leading to the United States pulling out of the war.

They are simultaneously involved in the chaos in Mexico as well and meanwhile McAdoo failed to shut down Wall Street on time in 1914 causing the United States to fall into a depression, so they are stretched past their limits by siding with Britain and France. In 1916 Robert LaFollette runs on a peace platform against Wilson and wins heavily, leading to the United States pulling out of the war.

Ooh! I forgot about 1914 Wallstreet and McAdoo! I'm gonna have to work that in!

krieger

Banned
Stillington’s Great Matter

POD is Elizabeth of York became the second wife of Maximilian of Austria between the death of Mary of Burgundy and that of Edward IV. Stillington and Richard of Gloucester still go on with their OTL stunts but forgotten to think to the consequences of putting in doubt the legitimacy of the daughter-in-law of the Emperor, as the Pope (under request of Emperor Frederick) claimed who any judgement in the matter about Edward IV and lady Eleanor Talbot was of his esclusive competence and so.
The best who Stillington and Gloucester can hope to obtain now (and with inconfutabile proof of a valid wedding of Edward to Eleanor) is having the wedding of Edward and Elizabeth declared invalid but with their children declared legitimate under the “good faith” clause. As Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury are dead, then Elizabeth is the rightful Queen of England so Maximilian (who has a very good Lancastrian claim of his own as descendant of John of Gaunt and Blanche of Lancaster on his mother’s side) invade England, Richard III died in the battle and Maximilian and Elizabeth are joint crowned as rulers of England (with England destined to their eldest son Edward). Cecily of York marry James IV of Scotland as programmed, Henry Tudor married Anne St Ledger (who is penniless but still daughter of a Yorkist princess so better than other cousins of the Queen, excluding Margaret of Clarence).
Margaret of Clarence, heiress of the whole Beauchamp/Montagu inheritance after the deaths of her brother and cousin married Thomas Grey (second son of Elizabeth of York’s half-brother, OTL second marquess of Dorset).

Would love to read version of this where it's Max who is killed by Richard. Richard marries his other niece, Margaret of Clarence. Elizabeth of York is fighting over regency over her late husband's domains with her aunt Margaret of York, who is using Max's son from the first marriage, OTL Philip the Handsome as a pawn. Elizabeth is of course supporting her own son, Ernest and forges alliance with Matthias Hunyadi (to whom she remarries). Vladislaus of Bohemia consummates one of his failed marriages to Hohenzollern girl and sires a son called Wenzel by her, but suffers a stroke and passes away. Matthias dies and the war for Hungarian throne starts between Ladislas VII Hunyadi (son of Matthias and Elizabeth) and @Jan Olbracht who marries Margaret of Burgundy (Max's and Maria's daughter) in order to gain Philip's suport.

Sounds like a really interesting timeline.

Thanks!!! I may well get around to it sooner than later. I need to finish my Amalingian Empire timeline first - and then I either want to revisit my Prodigal Sons timeline about the Progressive Party of Wisconsin successfully moving back into the GOP in 46, or this other timeline I've toyed with where Lafayette accepts Jefferson's offer to become Territorial Governor of Louisiana. So it's kinda third on my list. But it may yet see the light of day :)

I have another one that is more of a Franchise/Fanfic POD. In it I would use the first and only the first Terminator as a guide for other possible stories probably about 3 or 4 more. Basically it's my speculation of what would have happened if somehow the Terminator franchise did not go the action route and did not make time travel the central focus of the whole thing instead making it go in a more philosophical route. So the first sequel would be based in 96-97 and focus on Sarah Conner building up a radical anti technology movement a la Ted K and trying to take down cyberdine but in the end accidentally triggering Skynet to begin Judgement Day itself. Than maybe 2 movies/fics of John Conner and the future war specifically showing how much the resistance sacrifices it's own humanity to win ending with Kyle being sent back and the time machine being blown up. Than one final Fic/movie where it is reveled Skynet sent two terminators through time one to the past and one to 20 years after humanity wins with the goal of rebuilding Skynet. But that terminator develops a conscious and free will and befrends John Conners son while the rest of humanity tries to kill it. Can't think of a POD where they would be movies given Hollywood being itself but I might make them fics one day.

I had something in my mind about the Yellowstone erupting in the 80s and creating a year-long winter, with perhaps the Big One happening. As I find apocalypses boring, I thought I'd write the post-post-apocalypse. Never did. I'll maybe do a map sometimes...

Let's see I got some

ASB: Kerguelenland the Kerguelen plateau never sinks leading to a isolated place where monotremes become the dominant mammal species getting as big as ponies and smaller breeds of cattle. Eventually homo erectus winds up there and an isolated population of them survive into the modern day.

Multiple Confederate victory tls exist as very detailed outlines that I will most likely never turn into full stories

George Plantagenet dies in some accident not long after birth of his son. Thus his wife does not die from childbirth fever next year and their son is not stained as son of executed traitor. As result he is next in line after Edward IV and his children, above Richard of Gloucester. Thus even deligitimization of Edward IV's kids does not make Gloucester rightful king.

VVD0D95

Banned
George Plantagenet dies in some accident not long after birth of his son. Thus his wife does not die from childbirth fever next year and their son is not stained as son of executed traitor. As result he is next in line after Edward IV and his children, above Richard of Gloucester. Thus even deligitimization of Edward IV's kids does not make Gloucester rightful king.

I'd read that.

VVD0D95

Banned
Edward V is born in 1466, and thus is an adult when his father dies in 1483, therefore preventing Richard, Duke of Gloucester from trying to usurp the throne.

Philippa, daughter of Lionel of Clarence, dies young. Thus Lancastrians have the best claim to the throne after death of Richard II,wich improves legitimacy of Henry IV, and Yorks as we know them are butterflied away as there is no Anne Mortimer.

VVD0D95

Banned
Philippa, daughter of Lionel of Clarence, dies young. Thus Lancastrians have the best claim to the throne after death of Richard II,wich improves legitimacy of Henry IV, and Yorks as we know them are butterflied away as there is no Anne Mortimer.
A counter to that. Lionel of Clarence has a son by his second wife Valentina Visconti. Thus making Henry IV attempted coups much more difficult