Would a German Soviets axis be unstoppable

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that a communist Germany would lack a lot of the...not advantages but...I guess the starting point of OTL's Nazi regime. What I mean by that is that the Nazis by their nature as a far-fight corporatist state were able to get industrial leaders, the military, and other such figures onboard once they were in power with relatively little fuss (after they'd slaughtered the members who weren't into that). But a communist Germany is far less likely to have that sort of initial base of support. What's more, because of that it seems likely that any takeover of the country by communists would be far less...stable I guess is the right word than when the Nazis took over. There'd be a lot more infighting in Germany (and I mean infighting quite literally) as the old power base fights to hold onto what had been their's while this communazi government tried to take it all away.

So you either end up with quite a bit of industry damaged, slowing down rearmement immensely, or you leave a lot of these people in place, which would be really dangerous long-term if war broke out. This isn't like Russia where breakneck industrialization could work due to how backwards and behind the tsarist state had been. Germany is starting from the position as the most industrialized state in Europe.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Do you think the Chang would ally with the soviets I have a hard time imagining a Trotskyite power working with a anti communist one. But then again
the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
He might. He also might look for a better deal after doing the math. Chang was perhaps the ultimate survivor. His forces were shoved from pillar to post by the Japanese, overwhelmed by Mao, yet he remained in power from 1931 until his death in 1975. His area of control may have shrunk (although his claim to rule all of China, even in 1928, was just that, a claim, not a hard fact which was one reason that KMT China had so many issues fighting both the Japanese and eventually Mao's Communist forces) but he was top dog in his sphere of influence to his dying day.

Don't get 46+ years by being inflexible.

He might. He also might look for a better deal after doing the math. Chang was perhaps the ultimate survivor. His forces were shoved from pillar to post by the Japanese, overwhelmed by Mao, yet he remained in power from 1931 until his death in 1975. His area of control may have shrunk (although his claim to rule all of China, even in 1928, was just that, a claim, not a hard fact which was one reason that KMT China had so many issues fighting both the Japanese and eventually Mao's Communist forces) but he was top dog in his sphere of influence to his dying day.

Don't get 46+ years by being inflexible.
Another thing could the Germans make a nuke without the Jew hating of the Nazis all the Jewish scientist's who worked on the Manhattan project have less reason to flee. Hell Einstein would have reasons to stay has he was a communist sympathizer

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Another thing could the Germans make a nuke without the Jew hating of the Nazis all the Jewish scientist's who worked on the Manhattan project have less reason to flee. Hell Einstein would have reasons to stay has he was a communist sympathizer
Possibly. Einstein was also more or less a pacifist who was driven to write FDR out of straight up fear of the Nazis. Without that fear...

However, it is important to note that the Soviets had more than one progrom of their own and antisemitism was, and is, limited to any specific political polarity.

Possibly. Einstein was also more or less a pacifist who was driven to write FDR out of straight up fear of the Nazis. Without that fear...

However, it is important to note that the Soviets had more than one progrom of their own and antisemitism was, and is, limited to any specific political polarity.
Well I was thinking it would be a German program has most of the people are German. And asides Anti Semitism was not a ideological mandate in communism like it is in Nazism. Plus who says their working on their own accord.

I wonder if the advantages of a German-Soviet Alliance apply if both regimes were "Nazbol", as in having very similiar ideologies of both ultranationalism and very leftwing economics? Though that might require a POD before 1920 to get that to happen.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Well I was thinking it would be a German program has most of the people are German. And asides Anti Semitism was not a ideological mandate in communism like it is in Nazism. Plus who says their working on their own accord.
There are tons of variables, including many folks beating feet during what was sure have been a bloody revolution to establish a Communist state.

A Communist Germany may also be an economic crater (in fact for a Communist revolt to succeed that is likely a prerequisite) making the sort of invent necessary to produce a weapon prohibitively expensive.