world war Z--anybody read it?

Subtitled an "oral history of the zomibe war." Contains some nice little bits where Simon Cowell and Larry the Cable Guy blow themselves up whle wrestling over a handgrenade as "Fortress Hollywood" is overrun by normal folks trying to escape the zombies. Half of the Chinese population is walking dead, another large % just plain dead, and eventually some AWOL submariners decide to deploy bunker-buster nukes to take out the Chinese old guard in their subterreanean lair. Plus the entire population of North Korea simply ups and disappears at the start of the crisis--no sign of human activity north of the DMZ zone. Are they hiding in vast bunkers? Did Kim lead a nation-sized mass suicide when the future began to look untenable? Or did they get infected, and are there now 24 million zombies moaning down there in the darkness? Good book, lots of ATL scenarios.

I thought it was quite a good read. Simple, quick, and yet fun. Brooks did a great job highlighting various perspectives during the timeline of the war.

In before somebody else posts links to the various other WWZ threads out in the boards already.

I liked it. I hope the movie keeps the interviewing format as opposed to just jumping around watching people get bitten/die/zombified/terrified/blown up/burnt.

Darkest

Banned
Oh yeah. Any news on the movie, yet?

I freaking loved this book. So awesome. Some alternate scenarios that could have happened:

- The nuclear submarine is destroyed by the loyalist sub. No nuclear missiles: no destroying the Chinese Communist government headquarters, which means that China will do much worse.
- That Chinese astronaut detonates the Chinese space station, obliterating the Internation Space Station, destroying satellites, and rendering orbital space uninhabitable for years, if not longer. Lack of satellites is going to hurt the human's strategic forces hugely. Expect the war to go on longer.

What I want to know: jungles, man. How do you clear that place of the undead. Oceans, too. A second outbreak could happen. However, the zombies aren't going to learn any new tricks... and humans have at this time nearly perfected the art of both killing zombies and preventing their spread. Too bad... Zombie wars are fun...