WIP Map Thread

1656912658253.png

Working on an alternate Europe. Not sure if I should put more states in France and southern Italy.

1657104341926.png

More porgress, not sure what to put in eastern Hungary/Transylvania (bewteen Hungarians, Iranians, Rusyns, Hungarians again, Chinese, and Gepids).

Civ 6 randomness working my way backwards from 1941-1945 Australia. May be too silly to continue.

(Yes, that's a Carthaginian south Africa. Had to move them somewhere to avoid shrinking the Ottomans any further.)

Civ6Map.PNG

1657164884755.png

Here's an update to the map for my project Empires of Sol, featuring an updated South America and Africa. I may still revise some of the borders (particularly the internal borders of the United Kingdom of the Andes and maybe some of the African borders), but overall I'm content with the work I've done so far. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with Russia and China (plus Japan and the Ottomans) and then I'll be able to start working on the political situation of Venus and Mars.

I'm also open to any suggestions/recommendations for border changes or ideas for the world.

Laptop corrupted my existing copy so had to make parts from scratch, but here's more of my alternate Europe:
1657179763262.png

Still not sure what to put in the three white states in the Balkans, whether to make them Slavic, Greek, Thracian or Bulgar.

1657244208462.png

Here's my most recent map for Empires of Sol, I mostly spent today working on Russia and I'd really like some feedback. In particular, a lot of the borders I used were from the WW1 era and Kaiserreich, so with a POD around the Austro-Prussian War I wanted to check to make sure none of the borders were too glaringly anachronistic, even though they are obviously convergent. Also regarding Japan, I decided to give them a Pacific empire similar to OTL, but I wanted to see if this made sense given context. The Meiji Restoration still happens as in OTL, but the French expedition to Korea two years prior is much more successful, and Korea becomes a French client state much like Indochina. Despite not being willing to go against the French, given their status as a great power, the Japanese are still able to take advantage of the collapsing empires of Russia and Spain to take control over some of their Pacific territories, and while they aren't able to go as deep into China due to lacking Korea they still have some concessions such as Port Arthur and Taiwan (which of course I forgot to edit in before uploading this map).

1657265868118.png

Western Russia done apart from one spot which I'm not sure if I want to throw in another Slavic princpiality or something else. Also that big state in the north is Great Perm. Also the brown near Orenburg is Hungarian.

View attachment 756759
Here's my most recent map for Empires of Sol, I mostly spent today working on Russia and I'd really like some feedback. In particular, a lot of the borders I used were from the WW1 era and Kaiserreich, so with a POD around the Austro-Prussian War I wanted to check to make sure none of the borders were too glaringly anachronistic, even though they are obviously convergent. Also regarding Japan, I decided to give them a Pacific empire similar to OTL, but I wanted to see if this made sense given context. The Meiji Restoration still happens as in OTL, but the French expedition to Korea two years prior is much more successful, and Korea becomes a French client state much like Indochina. Despite not being willing to go against the French, given their status as a great power, the Japanese are still able to take advantage of the collapsing empires of Russia and Spain to take control over some of their Pacific territories, and while they aren't able to go as deep into China due to lacking Korea they still have some concessions such as Port Arthur and Taiwan (which of course I forgot to edit in before uploading this map).
Im curious, what happened to the USA and (presumably) the csa?

A Gaulish version of the EU? Very much a WIP: any suggestions for a name for the north *French state that isn't, well, Gaul/Gallia/whatever.

GallicEmpire.PNG