WIP Map Thread

map2.png

The continuation of an ATL of mine about an even bigger Caliphate.

This would be around the 1600's, long time after the Caliphate collapsed. We have Khazaria colonizing Siberia and North America, the Roman Empire and the Catholic Church colonizing the Americas as well. I still don't know what to do with Subsaharan Africa, Australia, or about putting independent Native American nations in North America yet. I'm particularly proud of the Holy Russian Empire.

View attachment 664917
The continuation of an ATL of mine about an even bigger Caliphate.

This would be around the 1600's, long time after the Caliphate collapsed. We have Khazaria colonizing Siberia and North America, the Roman Empire and the Catholic Church colonizing the Americas as well. I still don't know what to do with Subsaharan Africa, Australia, or about putting independent Native American nations in North America yet. I'm particularly proud of the Holy Russian Empire.
Holy Russian empire? Eh? Where?
And why is England blue?

About Africa... what about islamic Kongo?
Or Mali expanding into souther Africa for more gold?

Sort of a progress report. A map of a "Europe fails to industrialize" scenario from the remote past: that's a former Chinese colony in North America, and Muslim states on the eastern side of south America.

NoEuropeanIndustrialization.PNG

What if Habsburgs were doing better in second half of 19th century?
Simple, unrealistic Habsburg wank with no background including unified, if quite decentralized Italy, Germany and Balkan, kingdom of Jerusalem and Double empire of Brazil-Mexico under Habsburg.Iturbide-Braganzas
Not sure what to do with rest of world... if anything
Franzi the Great.png

Last edited:
Sort of a progress report. A map of a "Europe fails to industrialize" scenario from the remote past: that's a former Chinese colony in North America, and Muslim states on the eastern side of south America.

View attachment 665042
Looks very interesting, I've always enjoyed seeing non-European dominated worlds.
Does it have any specific POD? Is it based off of an AH work or is it purely a scenario?

Looks very interesting, I've always enjoyed seeing non-European dominated worlds.
Does it have any specific POD? Is it based off of an AH work or is it purely a scenario?

It's based on an old double-blind WI with some self-contradictory bits snipped. There will be something of a writeup when done.

And everyone else succeeds? I just wonder as to the extent of the Euroscrew. If I'm not mistaken you put North Chinese colonies in Germany.

Those aren't colonies, it's more like the US military occupation of Iraq.

The Muslims were the first to have a scientific revolution, and the main east Asian powers were able to imitate it. Much of Africa is still fairly backwards, Australian aborigines and native Americans outside of Peru and Mexico have had a pretty hard time of it [1], and quite a bit of Indonesia got taken over by the south Chinese or the more developed Islamic powers.

[1] And even they had awful disease-driven die-offs: it's just that the Chinese and Muslims weren't as driven to outright conquest as the Spanish OTL, so they were able to eventually rally.

Those aren't colonies, it's more like the US military occupation of Iraq.

The Muslims were the first to have a scientific revolution, and the main east Asian powers were able to imitate it. Much of Africa is still fairly backwards, Australian aborigines and native Americans outside of Peru and Mexico have had a pretty hard time of it [1], and quite a bit of Indonesia got taken over by the south Chinese or the more developed Islamic powers.

[1] And even they had awful disease-driven die-offs: it's just that the Chinese and Muslims weren't as driven to outright conquest as the Spanish OTL, so they were able to eventually rally.
Just to clarify: Is this the DBWI? (Just did a quick google search)

In any case, can't wait! I always enjoy reading your maps and scenarios.

1626066249474.png

"The Ainulindale... the Song... it has twisted somehow, but I cannot figure out how."

"Foul Morgoth! I know his discord well. Listen! Can't you hear it? The flames of his rage and hunger, his frigid bitterness and callousness? Arda no longer listens to Eru's melody, but dances to a song of ice and fire."

Just a fleeting ASB crossover idea between Tolkien and ASoIaF where the North finds itself merged with Arnor, Gondor, and Rhovanion.
-It remains one kingdom in the eyes of the Iron Throne as Lord Paramount Denethor II Hurin of Gondor descends from a line of stewards and the Kings of Arnor have abdicated in favor of living as clansmen (House Isildurion lives, worry not), leaving Lord Elrond Peredhel to watch over the land in their stead. The Starks of Rhovanion bent the knee, and so all three were preserved as one kingdom but three Lords Paramount.
-Elves, dwarves, hobbits, and ents still dwell here, but elves have been greatly weakened by the transposition of Middle Earth; many fear they will be unable to travel to Valinor. The Shire is the breadbasket of the North, though they have had to adapt to harsher winters than before. The dwarves retreated deeper into their mountains--they do not trust a kingdom built on dragonfire, but still trade with humans.
-Some Westerosi houses found themselves ruling over new castles: House Dustin proudly rules from Isenguard, House Tallhart governs the ruins of Ost-in-Edhil, House Ryswell holds Tharbad. Even a few Riverlands houses got snagged--House Mallister proudly holds Seaguard-by-Linhir, and to everyone's great dismay, the Twins of House Frey stand in Tumladen, controlling the crossings of the Sirith.
-Many rivers have been redirected: the Celduin and Upper Anduin have merged into the White Knife, while the Carnen coincidentally follows the path of the Weeping Water starting from the Dreadfort. The Upper Green Fork has merged with the Nindalf and Mouths of the Entwash to recreate the wetlands of the Neck, depriving the Trident much of its former water outflow.
-Thanks to the crossover, the Vale finds itself swarmed by orcs and trolls as it becomes the equivalent of Mordor. Similarly, the Corsairs of Umbar have found a snug haven across from their fellow pirate brethren the ironborn in what was once the Banefort and the Crag. Not all the news is bad however--the Dorwinrim have adapted to their strange new climate and adapted their wines as well, making House Hornwood wealthy enough to resist falling under Bolton vassalage.

View attachment 665676

"The Ainulindale... the Song... it has twisted somehow, but I cannot figure out how."

"Foul Morgoth! I know his discord well. Listen! Can't you hear it? The flames of his rage and hunger, his frigid bitterness and callousness? Arda no longer listens to Eru's melody, but dances to a song of ice and fire."

Just a fleeting ASB crossover idea between Tolkien and ASoIaF where the North finds itself merged with Arnor, Gondor, and Rhovanion.
-It remains one kingdom in the eyes of the Iron Throne as Lord Paramount Denethor II Hurin of Gondor descends from a line of stewards and the Kings of Arnor have abdicated in favor of living as clansmen (House Isildurion lives, worry not), leaving Lord Elrond Peredhel to watch over the land in their stead. The Starks of Rhovanion bent the knee, and so all three were preserved as one kingdom but three Lords Paramount.
-Elves, dwarves, hobbits, and ents still dwell here, but elves have been greatly weakened by the transposition of Middle Earth; many fear they will be unable to travel to Valinor. The Shire is the breadbasket of the North, though they have had to adapt to harsher winters than before. The dwarves retreated deeper into their mountains--they do not trust a kingdom built on dragonfire, but still trade with humans.
-Some Westerosi houses found themselves ruling over new castles: House Dustin proudly rules from Isenguard, House Tallhart governs the ruins of Ost-in-Edhil, House Ryswell holds Tharbad. Even a few Riverlands houses got snagged--House Mallister proudly holds Seaguard-by-Linhir, and to everyone's great dismay, the Twins of House Frey stand in Tumladen, controlling the crossings of the Sirith.
-Many rivers have been redirected: the Celduin and Upper Anduin have merged into the White Knife, while the Carnen coincidentally follows the path of the Weeping Water starting from the Dreadfort. The Upper Green Fork has merged with the Nindalf and Mouths of the Entwash to recreate the wetlands of the Neck, depriving the Trident much of its former water outflow.
-Thanks to the crossover, the Vale finds itself swarmed by orcs and trolls as it becomes the equivalent of Mordor. Similarly, the Corsairs of Umbar have found a snug haven across from their fellow pirate brethren the ironborn in what was once the Banefort and the Crag. Not all the news is bad however--the Dorwinrim have adapted to their strange new climate and adapted their wines as well, making House Hornwood wealthy enough to resist falling under Bolton vassalage.
Interesting...
Is the administration of the North a equal-parts triarchy or one of the three Lords Paramount (which I imagine would be the one with the title of Warden of the North) is the overlord of the other two? If so, who (I would place my bets on the Starks due to Gondor being rather isolated/the closest to attack by the Ironborn while l don't imagine Elrond is that interested in being the overlord of the entire region, in special since Arnor probably is already a handful by itself and elves still seem to be on a period of depression/blue-screen-of-death due to the ISOT). And do the worshipers of the Old Gods consider the Ents literal Old Gods or just their greater representatives?

Also, props for the map, its quite amazing to look at