WI the gunpowder plot was a success?

What if Guy Fawkes was able to destroy the british parlement? He wanted to set up a more Catholic government. Would he be able to? Afteraffects of the bombing?

We had this one not too long ago. I remember I was most interested in the idea that religious turmoil in England as a result of a successful plot would mean France and Spain had a more dominant position in the new world and England a less.

If Fawkes had succeeded in blowing up Parliament in 1605, the probable result would have been an even greater reaction against catholics than with the failed attempt. An all out religious war is doubtful, as is active invasion support from Spain etc. - the vast majority of the English population at that time were anti-catholic and the near or partial destruction of parliament would have tended to unite much of the nation.

As for effects of any immediate religious war on English overseas enterprises, we have the example of the English civil wars which came along just 37 years after the Fawkes plot, thus I don't see any great change in those enterprises.

We had this one not too long ago. I remember I was most interested in the idea that religious turmoil in England as a result of a successful plot would mean France and Spain had a more dominant position in the new world and England a less.
If a "successful plot" means the restoration and maintenance of a Catholic English state, the active participation of Spain and France would be a prerequisite. Being thus occupied, I cannot see Spain and France achieving a "more dominant position" in the New World than in OTL. Perhaps, just perhaps, fleeing English non-Catholics would establish an earlier, larger presence in North America.