WI:Edward of Westminster has a younger twin

Seems nice to me, but a question, why Isabelle? Wouldn't Margaret or Catherine be more likely?

And I was in the middle of making my own one.
Damn ninjas😑

Isabella for Margaret's daughter because it was her mother's name. Isabella of Lorraine, and Isabella jr for her mother. If Elizabeth Woodville can name her oldest daughter Elizabeth then Isabella can have her own little Isabella.

A Hapsburg match can work for little Cecily, but my swedish heart have a soft spot for Christian II. And Philip the handsome can go eat a cactus.

Last edited:
Would depend if Edmund (Henry might be likelier, if only to discourage rumours about Marguerite's fidelity) is with at Tewkesbury or not. His mother might leave him behind in France as a "good behaviour" hostage for Louis XI or HE might be sacrificed to marry Anne Neville to bring Warwick onside.

So it might be Henry as well, name doesn't matter. I think that Louis XI (nicknamed "king-spider" not without a reason) could want not to put all baskets in one egg and just have Edmund stay in Paris for example to ensure Edward's loyalty to him and France once he gains English throne.

He's probably gonna die, one way or another, around the time of Tewkesbury

Why? If he stays in France as @Kellan Sullivan suggested, than Yorks cannot assasinate him.

So it might be Henry as well, name doesn't matter. I think that Louis XI (nicknamed "king-spider" not without a reason) could want not to put all baskets in one egg and just have Edmund stay in Paris for example to ensure Edward's loyalty to him and France once he gains English throne.

Why? If he stays in France as @Kellan Sullivan suggested, than Yorks cannot assasinate him.
As you said, Louis XI wasn't named the "Spider_King" for nothing.
He might very well trade Edmund for something.

But Edward would need to pose significant threat to France beforehand, so Edmund is safe at least until 1480s while he might have an heir of his own body.
1485-Edmund of Lancaster and his young daughter are sent to England in exchange for Calais and to prevent an English invasion under Edward IV.
Edmund is put to death, and his daughter is married to the future Edward V.
Everybody's happy that way

Another way this (EoW having a twin brother) MIGHT get even MORE interesting is if Nicolas d'Anjou still dies childless.

When he died OTL, René d'Anjou split the inheritances (Yolande got Lorraine and the comte du Maine got Provence while Louis XI/Charles VIII got the rest). With a surviving grandson, René might will things differently (designating his grandson instead of his nephew as heir to Provence (and technically) Naples).
The second Crouchback? ;)

1485-Edmund of Lancaster and his young daughter are sent to England in exchange for Calais and to prevent an English invasion under Edward IV.

But in 1485 Edward IV was dead, wasn't he? With Edmund surviving he won't eat or drink less.

Trading Edmund is bad idea, it is like slaughtering milking cow, one time wonder.