WI Crusaders lost battle of Ascalon in 1099?

According to most accounts (both crusader and Muslim), the Fatimids were caught unprepared on 12 August and the battle in Ascalon was short. The two main lines of battle fought each other with arrows until they were close enough to fight hand-to-hand with lances. The Ethiopians attacked the centre of the crusader line, and the Fatimid vanguard was able to outflank the crusaders and surround their rearguard, until Godfrey arrived to rescue them. Despite his numerical superiority, al-Afdal's army was hardly as strong or dangerous as the Seljuk armies that the crusaders had encountered previously. The battle seems to have been over before the Fatimid heavy cavalry was prepared to join it. Al-Afdal and his panicked troops fled back to the safety of the heavily fortified city; Raymond chased some of them into the sea, others climbed trees and were killed with arrows, while others were crushed in the retreat back into the gates of Ascalon. Al-Afdal left behind his camp and its treasures, which were captured by Robert and Tancred. Crusader losses are unknown, but the Egyptians lost about 10–12,000 men...
WI Fatimids were better prepared and Crusaders army was crushed then? Could the Fatimids had regained Jerusalem from Crusaders? How is this altering History? Any thoughts?

Ascalon

I don't remember all of the details. I can see the Egyptians capturing Jerusalem after the battle, as a defeat for the crusaders would have been a disaster, due their very limited manpower. Another expedition would have taken place to recover it. I can see it taking the land route through Asia Minor and being also defeated. This would leave Antioch rather isolated and subject to Byzantine capture.