What Series Would Make for a Nice Fan Project?

Diamond said:
Those appendices are nice and do provide a lot of info, but they still don't delve too much into the current state of affairs in most of the world. There's just not enough to go on. We'd be better off just taking the same POD and building our own world from there. At least we'd know our info was correct. :D If we started out with three or four fanfics set in this world, from different times, we could then go back and fill in the blanks, flesh things out, and write a second round of stories based on the new info.

What about Draka fanfics? God knows there's enough floating around in publication and the internet to build on.
*waits for shouts of outrage from board*

*shrug* I wouldn't mind a Draka fanfic or two. The "good guys" don't always have to lose, y'know. :D

RealityBYTES

I've always wanted to play around more with Ian's Unification TL. The framework is pretty good, but there's just so much room to fill things in. There's a lot of things, like the finer points of Unionist doctrine, to the behavior of the Unionist leaders once they control Russia, to the course of UWII and the postwar aftermath, I'd like to see.

Diamond

Banned
Othniel said:
Acualty there are pleanty of timelines here that we could write fanfiction for...

I want to say Washington's Warlocks. I want to write a fanfic based in starting in 1850 where the magic is wiped away and we watch as the world goes back to normal. Thought about calling it anullment.
You guys can if you want, but just be aware that what you write may not end up being 'canon'. You may want to wait at least until I get up to 1800, so you have something to work with. There's only 15 years or so posted right now, and I want to go into a lot more detail on various things.

Diamond said:
You guys can if you want, but just be aware that what you write may not end up being 'canon'. You may want to wait at least until I get up to 1800, so you have something to work with. There's only 15 years or so posted right now, and I want to go into a lot more detail on various things.

Actually, I think Washington's Warlocks has a lot more potential for fanfic and such because it has such a broad canvas and seems such a rich setting. Plus the fact that, providing Diamond doesn't get too annoyed, you won't have to deal with Turtledovian / Stirlingesque law-suits...

Plus, I think the fundamental concept is stunning.