Huh, that's actually a pretty good comparison. Except instead of it just being a strong-willed father against a strong-willed daughter, it's dictatorial dad against a bullying daughter, and also their relationship has weird, obsessive undertones coming from both parties that no one knows how to deal with because either A) they have no idea how to bring it up (Milli and Oswald) or B) they don't want to get shot (everyone else).
Guard 1: "So do you think we should ask him abou..."

Guard 2: "Shut up! Before you get us both killed."

I can just see this one presidential guard from the Custer and Steel era constantly keeping his mouth shut and staying alive in the face of how deranged his bosses are. Somehow managing to outlive both his bosses before his grandson ends up protecting Oswald and stck in the same scenario.

There was an idea bounced around way back that people born from mixed Pinnacle Blood relationships existing a secondary class between Better and Inferior, that while looked down upon by those considered "pure" Pinnacle Blood, they were still considered far superior to Inferiors and were directed towards stuff like military service to reclaim the perceived dishonour of mixed Fluids.

Also Napo has said that the further we move away from the POD, the less and less OTL people will be cropping up. There might be people who share similar names or looks but are almost nothing like them genetically or in any other regard. So while there might be somebody who looks like Samuel Battle or Cassius Clay cropping up, they'll be completely different people for who they were OTL
I'm still hoping for Al Gore with a mustache.
9581130728_e424a4cacd_n.jpg

So i have found this video explaining how JFK's policies caused the cuban missile crisis and how he managed to blame it entirely on the soviets.
Could we see something similar in the future oc this TL?
In WMIT 0.1 Oswald almost caused a nuclear conflict over Peru, so i can see him doing something like that again, only for the state propaganda to blame the entire situation on the inferiority of the europeans and praise him for barely avoiding a nuclear holocaust.

There was the whole Missiles in RU occupied Britain that I always expected to become the Cuban Crisis of WMIT 1.0. Considering the nature of the the Madnessverse, I'd expect Redux Oswald to go full Bay of Pigs and/or bomb the missile sites before they're completed

I'm probably going to read the Classic version, but I don't want to repeat the same initial chapters, ¿Anyone knows at what point the differences become obvious?

I'm probably going to read the Classic version, but I don't want to repeat the same initial chapters, ¿Anyone knows at what point the differences become obvious?
Almost immediately. If i remember correctly the parts about the collapse of the old United States and Napoleon's victory are mostly the same (including the annexation of Spain and Austria, and the formation of the Nordreich), but the differences become obvious in the middle of tye 19th century

After the Congress of Vienna is when the timelines start to become noticeably different, to me at least. After that, is when stuff like Carolina plotting against its southern neighbours happens in the Redux which didn't happen in Original. Compared the the Redux, Original WMIT flies through history at such a breakneck speed you barely have time to process events

So i have found this video explaining how JFK's policies caused the cuban missile crisis and how he managed to blame it entirely on the soviets.
Could we see something similar in the future oc this TL?
In WMIT 0.1 Oswald almost caused a nuclear conflict over Peru, so i can see him doing something like that again, only for the state propaganda to blame the entire situation on the inferiority of the europeans and praise him for barely avoiding a nuclear holocaust.
Considering just how deranged Chuck Oswald is and his Zap Zapphir derived obsession with space I can see him building this nightmare, politics and environment be damned! (Funny note OTL JFK was actually horrified after seeing the plans for it)

By the way i have another theory for the future of this TL: this TL's version of Adlai Stevenson will have a role similar to OTL Molotov as Oswald's foreign minister.
This is partially based on my old post about a possible Molotov' s analogue showing up in this TL (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...e-union-forever.451900/page-341#post-19329190 , post 6817), but i have two specific reasons in mind:
1) We already know he is going to show up in this timeline. The old video about Operation Manifest Climax showed his name in the credits alongside Nixon, Oswald and LBJ
2) It would be a great parallelism with OTL, considering JFK himself had appointed Stevenson as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations.

Maybe after Steele's death, Stevenson will be one of the fist supporters of Oswald and he will be rewarded with this position

Last edited:
Is there even going to be a United Nations ITTL?
Every single great power in TTL is so mistrusting of one another and so indulged in its own patriotism and belief that even a thought of cooperation with someone different is just gonna frowned upon quickly. So nope, no global-spanning UN. Only a League of Fascist and bunch of ideological alliances.

Every single great power in TTL is so mistrusting of one another and so indulged in its own patriotism and belief that even a thought of cooperation with someone different is just gonna frowned upon quickly. So nope, no global-spanning UN. Only a League of Fascist and bunch of ideological alliances.

Petition for the Illuminist bloc to straight-up be called the Illuminati. Or alternatively the Illuminatus as a reference to the trilogy of the same name.

Considering just how deranged Chuck Oswald is and his Zap Zapphir derived obsession with space I can see him building this nightmare, politics and environment be damned! (Funny note OTL JFK was actually horrified after seeing the plans for it)
I can picture it now. Oswald, in the final days in his decent into total Madness, insists on it being named the Excelsior (after Zap Zephyr's ship) and that it keeps being made bigger and more powerful, till nearly all the RU's nuclear weapons are being used to launch it, all the while the RU is collapsing into civil war between Oswalds sycophantic supports who believe he'll take them to the stars and the few americans with enough sanity to realise the amount of fallout produced from trying to ground launch said ship would poison america (and likely the world) forever.

I can picture it now. Oswald, in the final days in his decent into total Madness, insists on it being named the Excelsior (after Zap Zephyr's ship) and that it keeps being made bigger and more powerful, till nearly all the RU's nuclear weapons are being used to launch it, all the while the RU is collapsing into civil war between Oswalds sycophantic supports who believe he'll take them to the stars and the few americans with enough sanity to realise the amount of fallout produced from trying to ground launch said ship would poison america (and likely the world) forever.
Of course it wouldn't be fitting as Oswald's new center of power if it wasn't just as equally luxurious (at least for officers and politicians). With an Olympic sized swimming pool, luxury apartments, fully stocked bar & lounge, five star dining and of course a high end brothel/harem chamber for all of Oswald's sexual needs! (And no he is not taking his wife with him)

Fortunately a few of the designers were smart enough to realize that Earth probably wasn't going to last long after it launched and decided to bring along an aquaponics bay, live animals with frozen egg & sperm samples and a whole collection of frozen plant seeds as an emergency ark.

Last edited:
"YOU ORGANISED ORGIES, AND YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME!"~ President Chuck Oswald to his wife, explaining his decision to leave her on Earth.
I can totally see him doing that. The whole thing could be his deranged plan to kill off everything on Earth, while letting him spending the rest of his days in luxury amongst the stars. Fortunately the glass in his room breaks while he's screwing Marilyn Monroe and gets sucked out into space.