God only knows what’ll happen when NUSA depletes all of South America’s resources.
Even to support their standard of living it will take awhile, especially when you can have your national religious establishment call for occasional sacrifices on the home front to support our troops®. When they inevitably bleed the continent dry they'll naturally seek to reclaim the ancient homeland of the Pinnacle Race* in one last glorious orgy of Manifest Destiny and final victory.

*Most of Europe, the Middle East and West Africa

Don’t you mean the entirety of planet Earth? Lol

I am interested to see WW3 go down between NUSA and the rest of the world. Practically all of America’s opponents are staring down a massive continental spanning religiously fundamentalist empire along with its allies and satellite states. Such a world war would be something to behold. The main deciding factor of such a war, of course, is whether NUSA has the ability to power project its forces across such vast distances even with its allies. If so, they can steamroll the Old World. If not, they’re fucked.

Even to support their standard of living it will take awhile, especially when you can have your national religious establishment call for occasional sacrifices on the home front to support our troops®. When they inevitably bleed the continent dry they'll naturally seek to reclaim the ancient homeland of the Pinnacle Race* in one last glorious orgy of Manifest Destiny and final victory.

All it takes for NUSA to fall is one single defeat, Pinnacle race theory and continent-spanning empire make them suffer massive victory disease and ignoring crack down of the system, suffering defeat from so called "inferior" will vaporise their confidence, resulting panic will made their economy collapse, and Oswald, if he is as racist and alcoholic in original version, will only add fuel to the fire.
Buliding a card house needs tons of effort and brainstorming, but it only need one push to made the entire thing going down.

Here's one I'd made way back in the day:
View attachment 698915

That actually sounds good!
...It either means the Yankee in me offsets the Polish Catholic enough for me to be Pinnacle...
.....Or it just means I have a really junk-food sense of taste...either/or.

i know, shocking right?
Wow, an incarnation of Pious XIII, or at least, his likeness, would make a great character for the Madnessverse. Kinda of a Roman version of Oswald. At least in style. Don't know if Napo can use the images from the show without risking copyright charges, though :(

The whole absurdly whimsical unholy grafting of spiritual objects to commercial interests even further than OTL is really telling on just how hard this whole place fell off.

Oh well - when the wheels finally pop off it's gonna be one big, big blast...

Wow, an incarnation of Pious XIII, or at least, his likeness, would make a great character for the Madnessverse. Kinda of a Roman version of Oswald. At least in style. Don't know if Napo can use the images from the show without risking copyright charges, though :(
ah yes, the "daft punk" of popes

I can totally see the Witchfinder General as the hero of a "historical" TV series ITTL
51r7KtfggSL._AC_.jpg

I imagine a WMiT Errol Flynn type in that role. I dig it.

In the meantime, the NHRE has a Chief Inquisition Officer.

I was watching that new 86 anime that came out, and I had the horrid idea of NUSA promoting some sort of new autonomous battle computer to the public which relied on new “highly advanced neural computer technology” for “autonomous decisions”. In reality it’s just a bunch of Inferiors hooked up to a brain-computer interface being forced to pilot tanks and helicopters and to come up with new battle strategies. Each second to us is an eternity to them, one filled with endless numbers and tactics.

“THE NUMBERS, MASON! WHAT DO THEY MEAN? WE HAVE TO STOP THE AMERICANS FROM NUKING US ALL! YOU HAVE THE NUSA NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES IN YOUR HEAD, SO USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND TELL US!”

“Eh? Who are you? Where’s my wife? Where am I?”

MAAAAASOOOOOONNNNNN!!!”

(sounds of explosions and the launch of a ICBM)

I was watching that new 86 anime that came out, and I had the horrid idea of NUSA promoting some sort of new autonomous battle computer to the public which relied on new “highly advanced neural computer technology” for “autonomous decisions”. In reality it’s just a bunch of Inferiors hooked up to a brain-computer interface being forced to pilot tanks and helicopters and to come up with new battle strategies. Each second to us is an eternity to them, one filled with endless numbers and tactics.

“THE NUMBERS, MASON! WHAT DO THEY MEAN? WE HAVE TO STOP THE AMERICANS FROM NUKING US ALL! YOU HAVE THE NUSA NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES IN YOUR HEAD, SO USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN AND TELL US!”

“Eh? Who are you? Where’s my wife? Where am I?”

MAAAAASOOOOOONNNNNN!!!”

(sounds of explosions and the launch of a ICBM)
I am so happy someone else on this board watches 86. As for the idea of the Legion, this would be the karma the NUSA would either unleash onto the world when Oswald finally bungles it up or the start of the Technological arms race.

I am so happy someone else on this board watches 86. As for the idea of the Legion, this would be the karma the NUSA would either unleash onto the world when Oswald finally bungles it up or the start of the Technological arms race.
Where would the Legion go, though? I could see it occupying South America and Africa but in 86 it had grown so powerful that nearly every nation in the world had been isolated from each other. Unless it had developed anti-ship munitions I can’t see such a thing happening.