It was explained at some point what happened with Drummond after he reached British India?
I personally imagine some sort of short story in-universe where he realizes the consecuences of his actions by having an alucinatory meeting with the ghost of Mc Donald. Not only he brought destruction to the world, but also the anhilation of Britain

Kinda like the end of Spec Ops: The Line where Walker acknowledges the truth after talking with Konrad

Last edited:
It was explained at some point what happened with Drummond after he reached British India?
I personally imagine some sort of short story in-universe where he realizes the consecuences of his actions by having an alucinatory meeting with the ghost of Mc Donald. Not only he brought destruction to the world, but also the anhilation of Britain

Kinda like the end of Spec Ops: The Line where Walker acknowledges the truth after talking with Konrad

I like to think it would show the ultimate humiliation: A future Yankee invasion of Britain, or hell, the current status quo of American troops propping up a puppet dictator:

"Son of Brittania, behold the fruits of your labor! The descendants of those you burned and killed shall enslave your descendants and crush your motherland. Witness these sights, and know you are the man who destroyed Britain!"

So every once in a while the universe manifests pure story potential as a gift from the Gods. I'm doing my job at Walgreens this afternoon, helping a regular customer, when he starts asking about my hearse because he thought it was hilarious that I keep an old casket in the back (true story, I made it into a toolbox lmao). He then proceeded to tell me a story of how his buddy served in Vietnam and did a bunch of drugs and acid. When he got home he started sleeping in a casket every night with a trifolded American flag on his chest, hands together over his heart.

This ABSOLUTELY will appear in this timeline now. It's clinically insane and I love it. Somebody in Pinnacle Future is gonna sleep in a coffin with a flag over his chest, and it's gonna be hilarious.
DRUGS ARE FANTASTIC KIDS! THEY KEEP THE PINNACLE FLUIDS PURE AND STRONG! ALL HAIL! *snorts a 10 mile long line of LSD laced coke*

So every once in a while the universe manifests pure story potential as a gift from the Gods. I'm doing my job at Walgreens this afternoon, helping a regular customer, when he starts asking about my hearse because he thought it was hilarious that I keep an old casket in the back (true story, I made it into a toolbox lmao). He then proceeded to tell me a story of how his buddy served in Vietnam and did a bunch of drugs and acid. When he got home he started sleeping in a casket every night with a trifolded American flag on his chest, hands together over his heart.

This ABSOLUTELY will appear in this timeline now. It's clinically insane and I love it. Somebody in Pinnacle Future is gonna sleep in a coffin with a flag over his chest, and it's gonna be hilarious.
When you're dead inside but you died for your country. PINNACLE EMO ZOMBIES.

So, in preparation of Manifest Climax, I made some memes:

ddp67km-261df963-875b-447d-ae26-acd817409a16.jpg

ddp67ki-feef1469-30e5-4c09-9edf-c7f2ce2b1ad5.jpg

Was Lovecraft particularly crazy? The only thing I remember about him was that he was far less lecherous than his predecessor.

When Custer visited the Tobias Institute, he encountered Lovecraft, who was an AFC monk who kept talking about demons and Moloch and claimed that the Void was talking to him. I’m suprised that he didn’t do that much in this TL, since he was already racist and clinically insane IOTL, he’d fit right in.

I remember once reading about some Buddhist ritual where you’d lie down in a coffin so you could symbolically die and be reincarnated, to forgive your sins or something like that. I’m not sure if it‘s a real thing, but it’d work well for this.

I found a real life fact about L. Ron Hubbard that just confirms how perfect he is for this TL:

he was virulently opposed to communism and took an almost Victorian view of Anglo-Saxon superiority and "the white man's burden"; at one time Scientology was promoted as "the only Anglo-Saxon science of the mind", contrasting with practices of psychiatry ("Russian"), psychology ("German") and psychoanalysis ("Austrian")

I found a real life fact about L. Ron Hubbard that just confirms how perfect he is for this TL:

he was virulently opposed to communism and took an almost Victorian view of Anglo-Saxon superiority and "the white man's burden"; at one time Scientology was promoted as "the only Anglo-Saxon science of the mind", contrasting with practices of psychiatry ("Russian"), psychology ("German") and psychoanalysis ("Austrian")
I'm actually relieved that all three weren't just labeled "Juden".

I'm actually relieved that all three weren't just labeled "Juden".

I couldn't find anything on him being particularly anti-Semitic actually. Just hostile to Russians, Germans, Austrians, and the African populations of Rhodesia and South Africa. He also thought he was Cecil Rhodes reincarnated, so, ya know.

I couldn't find anything on him being particularly anti-Semitic actually. Just hostile to Russians, Germans, Austrians, and the African populations of Rhodesia and South Africa. He also thought he was Cecil Rhodes reincarnated, so, ya know.
It's just genuinely refreshing that a midcentury refutation of headshrinkers doesn't just boil down to Jews, how much of a bummer is that?

That actually also fits with WMIT as the RU/NUSA is unique as ATL fascist regimes go for not being anti-Semitic (at least not initially, Ailes in 1.0 decides to purge the Jews when the RU splintered).

That actually also fits with WMIT as the RU/NUSA is unique as ATL fascist regimes go for not being anti-Semitic (at least not initially, Ailes in 1.0 decides to purge the Jews when the RU splintered).

I was doing more reading, and I think another Scientology belief of his peripherally related to race could actually help Oswald's Reforms if he chooses to go "Sexual Revolution/Civil Rights."

Scientologists believe that they are a master race (Homo Scientologicus). They believe Scientology made them a master race. So who's to say that Pinnacle Blood Mixing, AFC Doctrine, and the fires of Social Darwinism haven't created Homo Americanus?

I was doing more reading, and I think another Scientology belief of his peripherally related to race could actually help Oswald's Reforms if he chooses to go "Sexual Revolution/Civil Rights."

Scientologists believe that they are a master race (Homo Scientologicus). They believe Scientology made them a master race. So who's to say that Pinnacle Blood Mixing, AFC Doctrine, and the fires of Social Darwinism haven't created Homo Americanus?
I still really like the idea of Hubbard just ending up the managing editor of Zap Zephyr, and I think he could use the Homo Americanus (Pinnacleus?) concept in the stories to prime the pump for his dear friend Oswald. The fact that on paper he's just a magazine editor/literary estate manager but in practice he's at the Capitol all the time because he's basically de facto propaganda minister would be an amazing amount of dissonance for the government higher ups and I love it. Basically he'd be Vader to Oswald's Palpatine (with a pen rather than a sword), his oldest evil friend with a small official title who carries the full weight of government authority. Sure he can't choke you from across the room but all it takes is an infee xeno who looks and acts transparently like you in the next issue and everyone in the government will know you're a marked man. It's much gentler than Steele's method but it's still an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Pinnacle Blood Mixing..... haven't created Homo Americanus/Pinnacleus
I'm picturing a massive uproar for the more conservative elements of RU society, ironically being led by black americans who fear they'll be breed out of existance/lose their place of privilege in society. Just imagine the likes of MLK leading demonstrations and denouncing mixing the Precious Fluids of hardworking African-American Pinnacle Blood with the lingering corruption of Sounterns

I'm picturing a massive uproar for the more conservative elements of RU society, ironically being led by black americans who fear they'll be breed out of existance/lose their place of privilege in society. Just imagine the likes of MLK leading demonstrations and denouncing mixing the Precious Fluids of hardworking African-American Pinnacle Blood with the lingering corruption of Sounterns
Let the factionalization begin! No one would dare run against the MDP but jostling between Steelites (Optimates) and Oswaldists (Populares) is as close to multiparty democracy as the RU is likely to get for the Pinnacle Future. Ironically it's a step in the right direction (fitting the "Oswald as dark messiah" theme), when a faction formed against him Steele just had the leader publicly assassinated and purged the rest.

Let the factionalization begin! No one would dare run against the MDP but jostling between Steelites (Optimates) and Oswaldists (Populares) is as close to multiparty democracy as the RU is likely to get for the Pinnacle Future. Ironically it's a step in the right direction (fitting the "Oswald as dark messiah" theme), when a faction formed against him Steele just had the leader publicly assassinated and purged the rest.
He might be whacko, but he brings scifi, groove, civil rights, and *democracy. Just ignore the weekly manic nuclear button episodes.