Anyone think that Zap Zephyr and in fact the entire setting reminded anyone of Warhammer 40,000? (Grim, dark space setting. Deliberately over the top. Inquisition/Religious influences in military use. Fanaticism even among the low ranks. Some catastrophe happened (alternate War of 1812/Horus Heresy) that explains why everything went so badly. Veneration of historic figures (similar to Lorgar making a faith that worshipped the Emperor of Mankind. Everyone does awful things for various reasons. Most of the factions can be considered "bad" in both settings.)

Zephyr might also be similar to Star Wars Galactic Empire propaganda about Darth Vader... (who allowed it to happen to spread terror amongst the enemy and motivate the Imperial soldiers).

4f6e0636bbabff3d1faaf75748da6f1f.png

Make Terry head of the ORRA cyber task force, or at least the AFC one.

Well, I couldn't think of a better way to start this year. This was a really fun read, reminded me of one of those old Flash Gordon comics. I wonder, though, how RU comics and pop culture will change in later years. Especially under Oswald's regime.

The possibility of finding a hot blue princess alien for himself is probably the main reason why Oswald will start this TL's version of the Space Race

The possibility of finding a hot blue princess alien for himself is probably the main reason why Oswald will start this TL's version of the Space Race
We choose to go to Space in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because of hot alien space tail, to break the surly bonds of gravity, to destroy the Martian space harlot-princesses, to spread the Pinnacle Seed to the stars!”
-
Excerpt from Charles Oswalds infamous “To Space” talkie-box address.

All this talk of Mars just struck me; Kirkism (the ancient Pinnacle super race theory) would absolutely gobble up stuff like the Martian Canals and the Face On Mars as “evidence” of the advancement of the Primordial Anglo-Saxon Supermen.

Let me guess...the voluptuous wife is none other than TTL's version of Marilyn Monroe? If true, in any TL, they get together...

Let me guess...the voluptuous wife is none other than TTL's version of Marilyn Monroe? If true, in any TL, they get together...
Yeah, but it has been already hinted Oswald will marry Steele's daughter Wyetta. Either he will become a widower or the chapter was talking about her

A millenia? An optimist I see...
miles-quaritch-cockpit21920x1200.jpg

Stellar Colonel Michal Phillips Pinnacle Man extraordinaire and hero of the Seguin sector campaign. A former genetically enhanced Star Marine famed throughout the Stellar Union for his heroic exploits as a soldier and various exterminations of vile xenos races and mongloid men in the name of the pinnacle race.