I really do wonder how much of Berlin is actually going to be left after the Cokies are done with it. The Owls up North are one thing since they weren't directly involved in the Embassy Massacre, but the ones in Berlin? As much as I love Carolina as a faction, I have a real fear that they're going to go full Red Army on Berlin.

SuperZtar64

Banned
I really do wonder how much of Berlin is actually going to be left after the Cokies are done with it. The Owls up North are one thing since they weren't directly involved in the Embassy Massacre, but the ones in Berlin? As much as I love Carolina as a faction, I have a real fear that they're going to go full Red Army on Berlin.

... fear??

I really do wonder how much of Berlin is actually going to be left after the Cokies are done with it. The Owls up North are one thing since they weren't directly involved in the Embassy Massacre, but the ones in Berlin? As much as I love Carolina as a faction, I have a real fear hope that they're going to go full Red Army on Berlin.

... fear??

Right, must have misspoke, lol

Berlin is screwed

Quick message from work: Illuminism is a neo-Enlightenment movement that champions their own form of "individual divinity," i.e. "Every man a god," and rejects all other faiths utterly as ancient constructs of the upper and clerical classes to prevent the average man from discovering their own divine nature. They would say they believe every man should have freedom, including from control by religion.

That also makes them sort of religious radicals themselves.

Beutelism is a product of the First Enlightenment and is much more centered on "do as thou wilt" than other movements, and while they preach individual liberty, they also welcome the religious into their ranks. They would be seen as failed bastards of the First Enlightenment and sellouts to religious fundamentalists by the Illuminists. The Loomies, as riotous as they are, believe in "democracy," as long as you aren't rich or a noble.

They are related, but they are enemies.

As for blacks: The Union public will probably not hear much of the goings on in Mittelafrika, but any who do will be told those blacks are "Inferior Pygmioids," enemies of the True African Sons of Adam.

Last edited:

SuperZtar64

Banned
Quick message from work: Illuminism is a neo-Enlightenment movement that champions their own form of "individual divinity," i.e. "Every man a god," and rejects all other faiths utterly as ancient constructs of the upper and clerical classes to prevent the average man from discovering their own divine nature.

Beutelism is a product of the First Enlightenment and is much more centered on "do as thou wilt" than other movements, and while they preach individual liberty, they also welcome the religious into their ranks. They would be seen as failed bastards of the First Enlightenment and sellouts to religious fundamentalists by the Illuminists.

They are related, but they are enemies.

As for blacks: The Union public will probably not hear much of the goings on in Mittelafrika, but any who do will be told those blacks are "Inferior Pygmioids," enemies of the True African Sons of Adam.
Napo, what's the official status of the creation of the Earth in this world? Are theories putting the age of the earth as billions of years old prevalent, accepted, or even existing? What date does the AFC claim the earth was made?

Napo, what's the official status of the creation of the Earth in this world? Are theories putting the age of the earth as billions of years old prevalent, accepted, or even existing? What date does the AFC claim the earth was made?

This'll get more coverage in the 1920s. I imagine that Union has some who take the Creation story literally and others who think God created everything but let it evolve over time. Men did NOT descend from apes, however. They were divinely ordained as human beings from the start. That's a hugeee conflict. I could see Steele potentially siding with the evolutionary side and using his control over Billy Sunday to force it through and make the Church accept it. Later on, during the "Destalinization" we all know is coming, I could see Oswald doing a Kruschev style "secret speech," denouncing "evolutionary dribble." Union science will have already soared by that point so they'll have already got what they needed out of it. Doctrine in the Union is based off of "what is most useful right now." Those members of the government who aren't Oswaldian or Steelian sociopaths just accept whatever the Church says. I could see everyone's favorite Graham telling them "President Steele was confused. Evolution is not the Word of God."

This'll get more coverage in the 1920s. I imagine that Union has some who take the Creation story literally and others who think God created everything but let it evolve over time. Men did NOT descend from apes, however. They were divinely ordained as human beings from the start. That's a hugeee conflict. I could see Steele potentially siding with the evolutionary side and using his control over Billy Sunday to force it through and make the Church accept it. Later on, during the "Destalinization" we all know is coming, I could see Oswald doing a Kruschev style "secret speech," denouncing "evolutionary dribble." Union science will have already soared by that point so they'll have already got what they needed out of it. Doctrine in the Union is based off of "what is most useful right now." Those members of the government who aren't Oswaldian or Steelian sociopaths just accept whatever the Church says. I could see everyone's favorite Graham telling them "President Steele was confused. Evolution is not the Word of God."
maybe they can make evolution be accepted but in a twisted way. and then the 2000s come in and madness! creationism becomes big and the debate gets violent.

Okay, this chapter was AMAZING! The death of the Ambassador made me so wrathful.
I stand with Carolina: every kraut a corpse!

Getting back to the less emotional things.
Having a lot of Catholic Ultra-conservatives states in Southern Germany and Peter II around sounds like the Catholic League is about to come back.
«Oh, look! Bohemia can't be protected by Kapp 'cause of the Civil War. Guess is time to pull another White Mountain.».

And now getting to the very emotional stuff. I went on a trip to Saint Petersburg Viktorsburg few days ago and visited there the Church on Spilled Blood. It was simply fantastic and it made me wonder about a certain guy who's still around: ВКТР* II, second coming of the HOLY KHAN, blood of HIS blood, Khan of Khans, Tsar of Tsars, King of Kings, Tibet's God of War, Scourge of God, Autocrat of all Russias, Alpha (For the Celestial Tsardom.) and Omega (For the serfs of lucifer.), Prophet and Messiah of the promised VIKTORIAN ERA.

* Cyrillic version of the Tetragrammaton, I guess.

Okay, this chapter was AMAZING! The death of the Ambassador made me so wrathful.
I stand with Carolina: every kraut a corpse!

I'm not gonna lie, this time my "in-character" Carolina nationalism was a good deal more heartfelt than usual. No one, not the Europans, not the forces of the Tsar, not even the Union, would condone putting an 8 year old's head on a pike. I know I said that I was worried about what would happen to Berlin when Carolina gets there, but I have little shame in admitting that that concern and sympathy does not extend to the actual Illuminist revolutionaries. As far as I'm concerned, the Germanian Civil War should end with the Wade Hampton Volunteers planting the Moon and Stars on top of a pile of those dead child killers.

I'm not gonna lie, this time my "in-character" Carolina nationalism was a good deal more heartfelt than usual. No one, not the Europans, not the forces of the Tsar, not even the Union, would condone putting an 8 year old's head on a pike. I know I said that I was worried about what would happen to Berlin when Carolina gets there, but I have little shame in admitting that that concern and sympathy does not extend to the actual Illuminist revolutionaries. As far as I'm concerned, the Germanian Civil War should end with the Wade Hampton Volunteers planting the Moon and Stars on top of a pile of those dead child killers.
I'm pretty sure that Steele or Hendrick would put an 8-yo's head on a pike if they thought there was something to be gained from it.

Yeah, if the Illuminists won here in Germany it would be like...well think Pol Pot but with the resources of the Nazis

I'm pretty sure that Steele or Hendrick would put an 8-yo's head on a pike if they thought there was something to be gained from it.

That's true, but here, there was literally nothing to gain. They tortured, murdered, and dismembered children for sport and out of radicalism. At the risk of sounding somewhat Madness-y, the Illuminists have proven themselves to be rabid animals, and when a rabid animal goes after you, you put it down, period.

That's true, but here, there was literally nothing to gain. They tortured, murdered, and dismembered children for sport and out of radicalism. At the risk of sounding somewhat Madness-y, the Illuminists have proven themselves to be rabid animals, and when a rabid animal goes after you, you put it down, period.
I mean, Steele has a pedo as one of his yoked toadies. Hendrick is literally Reinhard Heydrich with a different name. Custer ordered genocide.

Custer is (was, maybe, given he's dead) way worse than the Illuminists right now.

I mean, Steele has a pedo as one of his yoked toadies. Hendrick is literally Reinhard Heydrich with a different name. Custer ordered genocide.

Custer is (was, maybe, given he's dead) way worse than the Illuminists right now.

That is true, and I feel the same way about the Union. Of course, there's not a shot in hell of Carolina defeating them. There is with the German Illuminists, so I'll take what I can get.

Till the Lord's work is completed
Till the Owls are defeated
To arms, to arms, to arms for Free Germania

That is true, and I feel the same way about the Union. Of course, there's not a shot in hell of Carolina defeating them. There is with the German Illuminists, so I'll take what I can get.

Till the Lord's work is completed
Till the Owls are defeated
To arms, to arms, to arms for Free Germania
It's just interesting that people are so up in arms about a single kid that they'll say that these Illuminist guys are worse than the dictator who ordered the intentional genocide of all of Mexico. I mean, Custer somehow managed to shoot two million people and managed to cover it up. The level of evil it takes to shoot, oh, let's say 250,000 little kids, and their families, goes way, way, WAY beyond anything the Illuminists have done yet.

To paraphrase the old saying, what kind of monster would behead a child not in anger? I have full confidence that, because this is Madness, Illuminism will turn into a horrific menace, regardless of its initial good intentions. And yet, there is still a moral difference between an angry mob beheading a child and a dictator coldly deciding to allow the rape and possible murder of a bunch of children all because it makes it easy to control his head priest. The latter is far more in control of their actions than the former.

It's just interesting that people are so up in arms about a single kid that they'll say that these Illuminist guys are worse than the dictator who ordered the intentional genocide of all of Mexico. I mean, Custer somehow managed to shoot two million people and managed to cover it up. The level of evil it takes to shoot, oh, let's say 250,000 little kids, and their families, goes way, way, WAY beyond anything the Illuminists have done yet.

I'd say its a combination of expectations and personalization. We expect the Union to be child-eatingly evil. It's their thing. They murder "Inferiors." Reading about Mexico and the Cleansing Month literally made my blood run cold. It was chilling and awful. However because that's what we expect out of the Union, it doesn't seem as shocking.

Also, we haven't had an up close, singular look at an instance of Yankee brutality like what happened in Germany. You can read that x number of people died and be horrified, but focusing on a single person or family gives people something to empathize with directly. Maybe that's something Napo can give us in the future.