Suicide rates have got to be through the roof at this point. What's quality of life even like in the Union at this point?

See, I don't think non-Inferior suicide rates would be that high, although they'll probably spike a bit under Steele. If you're Better, you have decent wages, and have been brainwashed to believe you're free. Any feelings of guilt or doubt you have can be expunged by your Church, which tells you that you are among the Chosen race. You live in a nation that's gone from being a minor power that was razed by the Brits and humiliated by the French and Southerners to a continent spanning superpower with reach across the world.

In other words, non-Inferiors have no reason to be more suicidal than OTL Americans. They're comfortably prosperous people who are citizens of a superpower. Any doubts that they have are eased by drugs and the Church.

they have are eased by drugs
Although, I can see that as one reason why Suicide rates are higher than otl, that wide a proliferation of Drugs cant be good for the both the psychological and physical health for the average American and at least unoffically I can see the Drug Cartels blaming all overdoses on suicides, it cannot of course be there product...

So Lyndon Johnson gets his teeth cut in former Mexico. I can imagine him turning the Mexican states into his personal fief, only to cause Oswald and Nixon headaches later on.
Custer was benign when it came to inter-governmental squabbling. Steele won't be, and that will quickly cause problems. I can imagine many will try to flee to Germania or Holland...

@Congressman: That is actually Lyndon Johnson's lookalike father in charge of New Canaan in the last chapter.

As for suicide rates: Murica hits it pretty much on the head. I engineered the Union to be a "happy" place under Custer. The people genuinely believe, after decades of brainwashing, in everything they are supposed to. Nazi Germany was only around for, what, not even 20 years? Try 110 years (at least as far as AFC extremists go back).

Also I could see drugs in future being heavily monitored. Eventually there will be enough complaints about hardcore drugs and the Union's doctors will start issuing happy pills and medical marijuana and the like, which will be handed out like candy.

Question about CoCaro, does it have a large Inferior population?

I would say no at this point. A large portion of their "Inferior" population would have likely fled to Jacksonland to be as far away from the Union as possible. Even then, most Inferiors likely have packed up and moved to somewhere else once they saw the route CoCaro was going as a Yankee puppet.

@Congressman: That is actually Lyndon Johnson's lookalike father in charge of New Canaan in the last chapter.

As for suicide rates: Murica hits it pretty much on the head. I engineered the Union to be a "happy" place under Custer. The people genuinely believe, after decades of brainwashing, in everything they are supposed to. Nazi Germany was only around for, what, not even 20 years? Try 110 years (at least as far as AFC extremists go back).

Also I could see drugs in future being heavily monitored. Eventually there will be enough complaints about hardcore drugs and the Union's doctors will start issuing happy pills and medical marijuana and the like, which will be handed out like candy.

I would say no at this point. A large portion of their "Inferior" population would have likely fled to Jacksonland to be as far away from the Union as possible. Even then, most Inferiors likely have packed up and moved to somewhere else once they saw the route CoCaro was going as a Yankee puppet.

Well, that definitely makes sense. Only will allow a more seamless integration of CoCaro into the Union going forward

the vaccine in Britain is going to backfire they are still no equal to the union at this point so it gonna leak or be bungundled in some way causing a revolt of some kind

the vaccine in Britain is going to backfire they are still no equal to the union at this point so it gonna leak or be bungundled in some way causing a revolt of some kind

Siri, play Maniacal Laughter.

Oh, I do indeed have something special planned for the nightmare the British Isles are becoming.

Well that was a depressing read. I imagine that when those decimated Inferior neighbourhoods are reclaimed and renovated, people are still going to be reluctant to live somewhere disease spread so freely. Maybe the ghettos become the homes of the less well-off Betters.

And those ghetto rebellions seem doomed from the start, demanding autonomy will still being surrounded on every side by the RU. If they’d been smart, they’d have asked for a few million dollars and airship tickets to somewhere far less sucktastic for them.

They accidentally create the Doomsday Virus and are forced to seal off Scotland.

@Napoleon53 you mentioned in you Steele speech that the RU will keep fighting so long as Ireland survives. Does that mean that should something happen to force peace with Britain before the total destruction of the Emerald Isle, that the RU/Europa will stay locked in a Korean style frozen conflict?

Oh, I do indeed have something special planned for the nightmare the British Isles are becoming.
*clutches my lucky charms and prays*

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Jesus fucking christ that was horrible.

Thanks for the nightmares.

Sentiments echoed strongly.

Joe Steele and all those bastards who profit off of and run the dunghole that is the Republican Union ought to all have a special spot in the Final Circle of Hell.

EDIT: Apparently the Ninth Circle is merely for treachery. There should be a Tenth Circle just for every last one of these [insert long string of expletives describing the individuals here] for what they have done to the people of Mexico and their descendants, as well as what they have done to the people originating from Ireland and the Slavic nation's and Asia. And especially for every depressing and anger-inducing action (or series thereof) they've yet to accomplish...

Last edited:

SuperZtar64

Banned
Sentiments echoed strongly.

Joe Steele and all those heroes who profit off of and run the shining city on a hill that is the Republican Union ought to all have a special spot in the Final Sphere of Heaven.
THIS POST HAS BEEN CORRECTED FOR INACCURACIES, COURTESY OF THE REPUBLICAN UNION DEPARTMENT OF HISTORICAL STUDIES.

@AeroTheZealousOne, PLEASE REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE. A VAN WILL PICK YOU UP SHORTLY TO TAKE YOU TO A REEDUCATION FACILITY FREE OF CHARGE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Well that was horrible, all this chapter was missing was death riding across America accompanied by Requiem Dies Irae whilst shouting at Steele;

"Stop it, I have my hands full"

Oh well, you can break it out when the subjection of Japan occurs (I wouldn't be surprised if they set up a Battle Royale there).
@Napoleon53 you mentioned in you Steele speech that the RU will keep fighting so long as Ireland survives. Does that mean that should something happen to force peace with Britain before the total destruction of the Emerald Isle, that the RU/Europa will stay locked in a Korean style frozen conflict?
That's what's I'm hoping for, Ireland and Britain in a forever war like North Korea on steroids. It would certainly help the Airstrip One vibe that the Britiannic Union is heading towards. I'm just imaging George Orwell looking at Britain and going;

"Not my problem"

before rowing a boat to France.

Well, I hope at the very least Ireland survives, otherwise there probably won’t be many Irish people left considering what the Union just did....

I am really curious as to what's going on in Nippon. We keep hearing about this revolt, but have no idea what it entails. I'm also wondering if post-revolution the Japanese and the Yankees decide to go all Nanking on Korea. And because this is me, I of course am dying to know what's going on in Carolina. There are two particular reasons for my curiosity besides my desire to see Carolina ruthlessly dominate the world survive and thrive.

1. Billy Graham is a North Carolina boy, and was actually born in Charlotte, about 20 minutes from where I grew up. Dude had his library there, a road, and was definitely idolized. Plus, his character is a Madnessverse classic.

2. Alvin York. The most decorated Yankee soldier IOTL's WWI, I imagine he was a helluva hero in either Africa or Hispaniola. I would love for him to find a way to force the Gamble family out of power. Also, depending on how chaotic Steele's purges get, I could see York taking the opportunity to dislodge Frumentarii influence in CoCaro. I won't pretend that it will change too much in terms of who's top dog, but a recently cleansed government means that if the tables were to turn due to Yankee instability.... Carolina could capitalize.

What about those in the newly-conquered Hispaniola aka East Carolina?

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
THIS POST HAS BEEN CORRECTED FOR INACCURACIES, COURTESY OF THE REPUBLICAN UNION DEPARTMENT OF HISTORICAL STUDIES.

@AeroTheZealousOne, PLEASE REMAIN WHERE YOU ARE. A VAN WILL PICK YOU UP SHORTLY TO TAKE YOU TO A REEDUCATION FACILITY FREE OF CHARGE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

"Cooperation denied, bitch!" *pulls out a 'legitimately salvaged' handgun and Meinrad Beutel's book*

"I will not go silently into the black night!" *promptly empties revolver and gets paid back a hundredfold*

(That went well.)

So I was helping clean out my dad's ancient storage unit and found his notebooks he filled in the 70s with Eschatology and other bizarre outdated stuff. Another one I found is called "Satanology." My favorite thing I found was a book my dad filled with stuff about Israel and the End of Days. You know what that means!

*YANKEE ZIONISM INTENSIFIES*

I'll be using my dad's 45 year old apocalypse books to help write Fundamentalist theology. I also found a bunch of Billy Graham stuff. I'm gonna get some interesting research out of all this. On a funny note, there was a section that talked about East Germany and Armageddon. I died laughing.

Idea. Could one of these CoCaro Irish diaspora members be one "Thomas Cleburne Reagan," who has a significant European political role?