Irish poverty and depopulation where directly caused by colonialism, an independent Ireland would have a massively larger population due to far less emigration/death by famine. Now of course there is a limit, Ireland is simply smaller than England, but despite this an Ireland that was able to manage the famine and hasn't reached the demographic transition yet would end up having a far larger population.

By this exact logic Europa should be burning down Berlin by now, which I honestly still think it should.

The fact that Spain and Italy are still loyal proves that this empire is much more Latin than merely French.

For what possible reason would Europa give up Catholic Rhineland to help out Ireland? Airstrip One can be a real pain in the ass but you don't give up most of your industry for a fight that would only get a big wet island filled with protestants.

I will take this moment to remind everyone in this thread that the British Navy doesn't exactly lose when outnumbered.

It took 4 years, never-ending defeats, just as great if not greater losses and Nicholas II to break IRL Russia, for what possible reason would the Russians revolt against the man who seems fated to burn down Paris?

Viktor freed the serfs, crushed the aristocracy and is bringing victory in war. Also what excess? Killing Jews obviously wouldn't count to this Russia.

Russia right now, is as ripe for revolution as the Soviet Union was in 1944. Also revolution by who? As far as I can see the Buetalists are to IRL Marxists as Bernie Sanders is to Lenin. What are they going to throw a brick at Viktor as he is busy overseeing the destruction of Rome?
OT,but I read your username as ‘Dirigism’ and thought ‘hey,this is Vivaporius’ ideal world)

Maybe I skimmed over comments a bit too much, but as far as I can see people aren't giving much attention to how this war is becoming Yugoslavia circa 1990s, only covering the entire continent.

Oh and......

Grand Army of Islam.

I wonder when we will see some African wars of liberation on the part of the RU.

I'm just glad so many people enjoy this. If I wasn't writing for you guys, I wouldn't write. A lot of days I punch out work, go home, and spend another, basically, shift, writing/reading/brainstorming with my father or best friend (who mostly just give me humorous ideas, as my retired history professor dad said "Madness is beyond" him but is he is entertained by the tropes and references). Lol But anyway, yeah, thank you all for reading my madness. It makes me very happy to know so many people like this, and that's the reason I write! Not for an award, but just to entertain people! :)

Maybe I skimmed over comments a bit too much, but as far as I can see people aren't giving much attention to how this war is becoming Yugoslavia circa 1990s, only covering the entire continent.

Oh and......

Grand Army of Islam.

I wonder when we will see some African wars of liberation on the part of the RU.
Long live the Republican Union of Lincolnia!

I can't overstate how much I want to see the uber-imperialist Commie-Nazi-Crusader Union wage anti-colonial wars of "liberation" to bring the light of Fundamentalism, Marxism, and Fascism to the people of Africa. The fact that many natives would actually be gaining some freedom from it just makes it worse/better. I'm actually very curious as to what the Union will do with Africa. I know they annexed Lincolnia thanks to African Fundamentalism getting out of hand. Will they just try and annex all of Africa, or will they create puppet states?

Also, I have a couple of questions about the war:
1. Now that the Union seems to have almost finished off Canada, and now that California is starting to crumble, is the Union going to go after Russian Alaska? With Viktor pushing his men like mad against the Europans (and I assume the Persians soon) now would be an ideal time to strike. Hell, maybe the Union and the Japanese can gang up on Vladivostok and that region. Speaking of the Japanese....

2. Can you give us any hints as to your plans for the Christian Samurai of Holy Nippon?

2. Can you give us any hints as to your plans for the Christian Samurai of Holy Nippon?

I have something quite interesting planned for Holy Nippon. Very much in the Chinese sense. They will be in the next chapter or two I think! Next chapter will likely be the Californian front to round out the Western World's story of 1912, and then we'll see what Africa and Asia have been up to!

CustersLastCommand.jpg

Visual representation of WMIT-readin', SPUD-eatin', Sweet Victory-sippin' patriot-comrades voting against the thoughtcriminal timeline hordes. (Colorized, 2019)

Polls close in roughly 30 minutes, and we have a 4 vote lead! Here's praying that the Union line holds against the hordes of Irishmen attempting to discredit Our Supreme Orwellian Leader Napo, All Hail His Name.