It has been brought up before and even inspired an Eirestrip One meme. I doubt Napo will do it but we can all still hope
I can see it, plastered on the walls all over Dublin...Compatriot Conlloy is watching you.

Joking aside the problem with Ireland for Britain is that it's a meat grinder. Ireland will gas, infect and grind as Britian until either Britain collapsed or Ireland is wiped off the map. Britian at the moment is probably mainly focused with stopping Illuminsts, Welsh & Scottish Radicals and rounding up undesirables. Maybe a forever war between the two will occur, neither side winning until the world atrophies into a Ballardian nightmare.

Austria-Hungary is a sovereign kingdom under a queen. Still a Europan satellite, but officially independent, just like Italy or the Swiss Confederation.

My bad. I thought it happened after 1920, but looking back it happened in 1920. Thus, I have fixed my map accordingly.

Does John D. Rockefeller end up operating the Phoenix Oil Company in this version?
Well given how an Oil Clan exists in this tl lead by different people I doubt it. I get the feeling he crashed and burned at some point or never existed (maybe Goodyear put a stop to Rockefeller's shenanigans).

I had this headcannon where those self-declared Pinnacle men mostly became (discreetly) irreligious because they can afford so, to the point that they look down upon Oswald for being too zealous on delivering church doctrine.

So, Strong Man domination when?

I have the idea that the Dutch armies uniforms will become British inspired over time, probably with the adoption of a Brodie style helmet and khaki uniforms due to the Dutch army in exile being given them during the Great War.

Meanwhile MittelAfrika's army uniform is a mixture of Dutch and German African uniforms due to the fact that the Dutch helped supply them.

The Illumanists probably look like Soviet Russia without the Stars.

I have the idea that the Dutch armies uniforms will become British inspired over time, probably with the adoption of a Brodie style helmet and khaki uniforms due to the Dutch army in exile being given them during the Great War.

Meanwhile MittelAfrika's army uniform is a mixture of Dutch and German African uniforms due to the fact that the Dutch helped supply them.

The Illumanists probably look like Soviet Russia without the Stars.

Cool Ideas. I also think that the Illumanist Russians would abolish military ranks like the Bolsheviks and Soviets did in real history. However, they may either bring them back, like the Soviets also did, or they might adopt different more simple ranks.

Cool Ideas. I also think that the Illumanist Russians would abolish military ranks like the Bolsheviks and Soviets did in real history. However, they may either bring them back, like the Soviets also did, or they might adopt different more simple ranks.
I see the Illuminists taking "workplace democracy" to ridiculous extremes, so what if they call their elected squad leaders kurfürst, after the Prince-Electors of the HRE? Obviously meant differently, but fürst is related to first (obviously) and kur is descended from the word for "to choose", so "first chooser" can be repurposed as "first chosen". It would probably start ironically before becoming common parlance. Then it's just a matter of adding numerical modifiers as good campaigners (ha ha) move their way up the ranks.

Still alive guys! I took a few days to just relax and work on some projects. Also I saw Toy Story 4 and finished Chernobyl.

Hopefully new chapter tomorrow or day after!

I know I'm jumping the gun a bit but it just occurred to me that this song would be perfect for the timeline, just substitute that nonsense about "all men and women" with "Better men and women".

In terms of geopolitics, the Germans are (collectively) back to the early Napoleonic era and the Prussians are right back to the days of Freddy the Great in terms of territory and national goals. With Poland independent the war was pretty much a wash between Catholics and Protestants. The former at the least still have an unchallenged 'defender of the faith' as it there.

In all honesty Europa didn't do that badly, Germany is divided and weak relative to the monster that it could have been, most of the territory that Europa lost (in Europe) is still Catholic controlled and the Russian Juggernaut is reeling. The real loss was the Rhineland, industrialised and Catholic, that was a real bad blow but with Germany divided and West Germany now controlling a territory with a massive Catholic minority...

In all honestly the ultimate outcome of this war wasn't that far away from my overall prediction. Europa did in fact do better than UberPrussia and Russia, my predictions suffered because I lacked knowledge of Europa's dysfunction and the overall conservatism of the war. The war honestly didn't change much, the RU gained a more secure footing on North America but it was preeminent before and still lacks complete control now. In spite of big setbacks, Europa remains the strongest power in Europe and I'm not sure in the balance of power was changed that much with Germany imploding and Russia seemingly on the brink of collapse.

The RU honestly performed rather mediocrely, barely any gains in Africa, being set back in East Asia due to the Japanese revolt, the Brits buggering up the extirpation of the Bonapartist fortress island. Not least the fact that South America has effectively been unified under the Neutrality alliance which has all the geographical ingredients for a South American superpower (hypothetically).

Well at least Eurasia is more divided now, though the RU had little to do with that so its not much of achievement to be honest.

Got to hand it to the Dutch though they got everything they wanted and nobody is the wiser, with the possible exception of the RU secret service. It all started in China or more accurately ended, and that region must be of great interest to the co-prosperity sphere, perhaps a Dutch agent spoke to liberally in the wrong brothel and it filtered back to Japan with the information being waylaid by the revolt and only now arriving in a deep and climate controlled Yankee dungeon. Now what will Steele think of that!

I await with great expectation the merry adventures of Mittleafrika and the awkward discussions that will be had with Black AFC members.

xcmem4exyow01.jpg

I don’t see why black AFC members would object to the massacres against Congolese any more than white AFC members would object to atrocities against Catholics and Slavs.

I see the Illuminists taking "workplace democracy" to ridiculous extremes, so what if they call their elected squad leaders kurfürst, after the Prince-Electors of the HRE? Obviously meant differently, but fürst is related to first (obviously) and kur is descended from the word for "to choose", so "first chooser" can be repurposed as "first chosen". It would probably start ironically before becoming common parlance. Then it's just a matter of adding numerical modifiers as good campaigners (ha ha) move their way up the ranks.

Possibly the title of Kurfurst could stem from local militias, so that each one could have their title based on geography rather than on any numerical modifiers (ex. Kurfurst von Schlesien), leading to an Illuminist parody of the nobility and feudal structures of the old HRE. Obviously comparing the two would be strongly discouraged in Illuminist territory. In any case it would be appropriately mad for revolutionaries to have a von prefix on their names.

Possibly the title of Kurfurst could stem from local militias, so that each one could have their title based on geography rather than on any numerical modifiers (ex. Kurfurst von Schlesien), leading to an Illuminist parody of the nobility and feudal structures of the old HRE. Obviously comparing the two would be strongly discouraged in Illuminist territory. In any case it would be appropriately mad for revolutionaries to have a von prefix on their names.
That makes sense, and would continue the trend of revolutionary ideologies ttl warping into distorted versions of the structures they publicly despise (I'm looking at you Sers). Given the fact that the Illuminists already have a Council of Jehovah analogue I think further parallels would increase the funhouse mirror relationship between the two blocs.

I don’t see why black AFC members would object to the massacres against Congolese any more than white AFC members would object to atrocities against Catholics and Slavs.

It would be because black AFC members are only a few generations divorced from Africa. I really doubt that they have lost all emotional connection to their place of origin.

I would also contest your example as it would mainly apply to Pygmies and Arabs. The tribes from which African-American's originate likely still exist, and white AFC members I would guess would care a great deal about what happens to their co-ethnics like Germanics.

Sorry if I'm rambling, on mobile.