Can Lovecraft be put in charge of the whole RU?

I'm not sure that that would be a good idea. Custer, Steele and Oswald all had charisma and big personalities, Lovecraft... really doesn't have that. The man was a hypochondriac who lived with his aunts.

If Napo wants to include new personalities I think that it would be best to take a look at the 20th century's more forceful personalities, people like:

Muhammad Ali

Ya know, I never thought I would relate to President Custer in TTL. But hot damn the Institute is creepy. I too want to shoot/imprison them, lol. Also, given what the English Loonie Blind Christian Gentleman said, it sounds like the Yankee Doodle is about to go to war!

Don't tell me the artist of that painting predicted the atomic bomb
What if the Institute contributes to the development of the bomb? Uranium destroys wicked flesh and degrades the matter of the fallen world, so it's obviously a holy and spiritually potent element.

*Oppenheimer TTL- "I CAN FEEL JEHOVAH'S LOVE IN EVERY TUMOR!"*

Last edited:
As for Lovecraft, I'm considering having him literally fried with electro-shock and turned into the leader of the Studies on the Other Side. He would never enter politics. He's far too crazy for that. I might have him be the one who pushes for the creation of LSD.

Don't tell me the artist of that painting predicted the atomic bomb

I believe according to mythbusters, all large explosions produce a mushroom cloud, not just atomic ones. So the crazed loons at the Tobias Institute could easily just paint one and christen it "God's Judgement." It's just a creepy thing to the side. There's no supernatural at work. Just creepy blind luck and weirdness.

Also, like Einstein at this same point OTL, Midas Goldstein is already knee deep in research by this point. Some higher-ups might know this could eventually be weaponized. OTL, H.G. Wells was already writing about nuclear weapons as early as 1914.

A couple things:

First, don't forget to threadmark!

Second, here's some inspiration for future Yankee buildings/monuments:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2013/01/totalitarian-architecture-of-soviet.html?m=1

Finally, here's my picture of a Yankee war plan for optimal success:

If/when Europans and Russians fight each other in North America, steamroll them both, taking Cali, Canada, Quebec, and Alaska. After that, maybe nab Korea and Danish Africa (they can also try for chunks of French Africa). Impose peace, and watch as the world trembles at the sound of the Yankee Cry of Victory.

It hasn't stopped them before, although my idea would be that Maori's be considered similar to Blacks in America.

Anyway when I return I'll have a brief timeline detaling (I would have done it today but I had work) the possible history of New Zealand in the Madnessverse, expect; Bush Wars, Double Barrelled Muskets, Maori Loyalists, English Anti-Australian revolutionaries, Bi-Racial children, Anglican Missionaries and weird Eugenics ideas.

Because even somewhere as quiet as New Zealand must have some Madness

*Speaking in Hammy Prophet Voice*
People I have returned from my daily vision quest and I have seen a possible history for New Zealand in this time. Of course things may change and visions aren't always perfect. But here's my vision roughly transcribed anyway;
A Brief History of New Zealand from 1800-1850

During the start of 1800s New Zealand didn’t have much contact with the West with most of the individuals being the occasional English Sailor or Whalers. However in England an Anglican Missionary by the name Thomas Kendall decided to take it upon himself to convert the “heathen” souls of the Maori who lived there sailing to Syndey with his family in 1812 as Britain collapsed around them. By the time he had arrived in New Zealand in 1814 the organisation he worked for the “Anglican Missionary Society” had collapsed as many of the members had been killed in the defence of England leaving the few outposts across Empire. Thomas Kendall now was the representative for the Anglican Church in New Zealand; thankfully he had a good audience. Thomas Kendall would meet Chief Hongi Hika a Maori chief who was interested in Western culture and technology, in particular the Musket.

Thomas Kendall realising that he had an opportunity offered to help Chief Hongi Hika with a supply of weapons and in return Thomas would be able to convert many Maori’s to the Anglican Church. Hongi Hika took up the offer and Thomas went back to Syndey to secure firearms for the chief, whilst there he would meet a former soldier Arthur Hobbs who had decided to travel to Australia as Britain lost the Napoleonic War to see what jobs he could get. Hearing Kendall’s story Arthur offered to help supply Thomas with numerous firearms and even a couple of cannons as well as help Hongi Hika to train his troops in the art of Western Warfare. Kendall would return to Hongi Hika with Arthur Hobbs as well as bringing 200 muskets and cannon. Hongi Hika was pleased and with help from Arthur and Thomas he would conquer the majority of Northern New Zealand by 1820. The tribes in the South didn’t particularly like this decided to form what is now called the Maori Confederation as well as procuring their own firearms, in particular a double barrelled musket which many Westerners would eventually call the “Maori Musket”.

From 1820 to 1830 there would be a stalemate with the newly created Northern Maori Kingdom and the Southern Maori Confederation spending most of their time securing their borders, dealing with non-cooperative tribes and modernising their country. Meanwhile more Western travellers would start coming to New Zealand for the opportunities it presented, in particular a large number of disenfranchised Englishmen who would set up base across the nation. Many would find jobs in the newly created city of Kendall in the centre of the nation, the land having been given to Kendall by Hongi Hika in thanks for help.

The Stalemate would end when in 1830, Arthur Hobbs annoyed with the Maori Confederation decided to invade the South with help from a mercenary force of Maori’s and White Settlers to establish his own Kingdom. Arthur would make great progress until his forces were ambushed in the Battle of Wairau Valley forcing him to beat a retreat to the newly established coastal city of Blenheim in which he would dig in. Arthur would ask for help from Hongi Hika who declined leading to Arthur wondering what to do, thankfully for him help would come from the Maori Confederation who decided upon a truce and to allow him to keep his small area of land and Blenheim, in return for him marrying one of the Confederation’s Chief’s in particular a tribal leader by the name of Rangi Kuīni Wikitōria Topeora.

Arthur accepted becoming the head of Blenheim County of New Zealand, in return the Confederation managed to gain some breathing space from the forces of Hongi Hika, they didn’t have to worry long though since Hongi Hika would die in 1838 causing the Northern Kingdom to collapse into warring tribes without a clear ruler. Hobbs would use the opportunity to take Kendall, gain land in the North and grab himself another Maori wife which was starting to become a thing for many of the Westerners in New Zealand leading to a number of mixed raced offspring being born throughout the 1830s and 40s. As 1842 and England collapsed into anarchy and revolt a large number of Anglican English settlers would sail to New Zealand and try and establish a Royalist colony there, that didn’t turn out to well with a number of the settlers getting massacred by Maori forces. Eventually the remaining military forces of King Ernst of Hanover lead by Robert FitzRoy would arrive to protect the settlers. A treaty would be signed in 1844 between Robert Fitzroy, Chief Te Rauparaha of the Maori Confederation and Arthur Hobbs allowing for the establishment of the Imperial Colony of New Zealand with most of the English settlers being given land in the North where numerous tribes were still battling each other.

As the Australian Civil War raged New Zealand was rather quiet with much cooperation between the English Settlers and the Maori’s with Robert FitzRoy establishing the New Zealand Parliament in which sat English, Maori and European New Zealanders to help further cooperation and to help defeat any remaining rebellious tribes. However as the Commonwealth of Australia won the war, eyes eventually turned towards the New Zealand which had large amount of resources for the Commonwealth to use. However Arthur Hobbs would tell the Commonwealth that New Zealand would happily join the Commonwealth...so long as they kept the same Government in charge and dealt with problems themselves.

The Australians didn’t particularly like that idea especially since the leader of parliament was Robert FitzRoy and also that the Maori’s were allowed to be part of the Parliament. Arthur simply told them that if they didn’t accept those offers they go into talks with either the Dutch or the Europans instead. The Australians begrudgingly accepted the terms, especially since it couldn’t go into a protracted war with New Zealand at that moment in time. In 1847 New Zealand would become a member of the Commonwealth of Australia and New Zealand and 1848 the New Zealand Parliament would hold its first election with Arthur and his Cooperation party winning much to the Australian’s annoyance. Now New Zealand had become an awkward member of the Commonwealth things weren’t going to be easy which makes sense since it was filled with people who didn’t particularly like Australia. Fortunately for them in 1850 a priest from America by the name of Noah Hawks would appear and spread the word of Burr to the people of New Zealand...unfortunately for them the people that listened and appreciated it were Maoris.
Anyway I'm already getting visions for the next part, I see fire, bush wars, the Dutch, angry Anglican settlers, AFC Maori preachers, fascist Australians and Racial Psuedo Science to justify the existence of the Maori to said Fascist Australians. Ha ha ha...
*Coughes*
Well I hoped you enjoyed that...now I'm going to go off and watch Tokyo Fist again for my dissertation. See you crazy lot in a bit. Also a version with pictures will be posted up on the other side expanded universe thing in a bit.

nab Korea

I wonder if the Republican Union would go further and grab Manchuria and Vladivostok, that would cripple Russia in the Pacific and give Japan something to do.

On the other hand the greater portion of East Asian Wealth is in Oceanic East Asia, as the RU can't attack Indonesia yet it may be better to prop up China and India in their wars of independence. In that case it might be worth it for Japan to wreck havoc in the Indian ocean.

Overall and in decreasing order of importance the Union must:
  • Secure territorial integrity by unifying North America, like in OTL this can be achieved by removing European influence or puppetisation as well as annexation.
  • Prevent the creation of a unified Eurasian Coalition.
In racial matters the whole idea of lost Jewish tribes basically permits the RU to naturalise whoever they damn please.

I wonder if the Republican Union would go further and grab Manchuria and Vladivostok, that would cripple Russia in the Pacific and give Japan something to do.
In the short term, I think Japan would be content to simply secure Karafuto as part of their territory once and for all..

aa8.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Supreme Headquarters for the Office of Racial and Religious Affairs in Philadelphia. Atop the building is a statue of Father Custer, a tribute to ORRA's Strong Man founder. Surrounding the Headquarters is the Avenue of Patriot-Saints, featuring statues of such illustrious men as Colonel Charles Goodyear I and Abraham Lincoln, as well as several MDP parade grounds. The red banners seen in the painting symbolize Pinnacle Blood, and are being displayed in commemoration of Memorial Day.

(It's not terribly realistic but damn is it awesome looking).