What If Jerry Brown in 76?

On the inauguration, would Brown have an Inaugural Ball & would he get out of the Presidential limo & walk all the way to the White House?

Some details on what the Inauguration on the East Front in 1977 (it was moved to the West Front in 1981 during Reagan's) could look like:
1.) Brown might deliver an 8-minute inaugural address
2.) Would he wear a formal inaugural attire or a business suit?
3.) Will Linda Ronstadt hold the Brown family Bible as Brown is sworn in?
4.) Inaugural lunch after the ceremony and will he send the Ford's & Rockefeller's off as they walk down the West Front toward Marine One?
14159373.jpg
Hmmm very good questions. Another question will we see the first ever live Presidental wedding between Brown and Ronstadt :openedeyewink:?

Hmmm very good questions. Another question will we see the first ever live Presidental wedding between Brown and Ronstadt :openedeyewink:?
Betcha somewhere in Bel Air, Reagan is like "I am going to end your political career like I ended your father's political career in 1966". I hope Jerry is prepared for 1980.

I would love to see Linda Ronstadt as First Lady & hoping they move that swimming pool indoors (the outdoor swimming pool is weird).

If there was a wedding in the White House it would turn into the biggest media circus within a week. Tabloids would have a field day with that but in the end it would probably be remembered as a “must watch” moment of his term and iconic due to the mass media coverage.

If there was a wedding in the White House it would turn into the biggest media circus within a week. Tabloids would have a field day with that but in the end it would probably be remembered as a “must watch” moment of his term and iconic due to the mass media coverage.
Brown & Ronstadt living in the White House will be intriguing.

I should also note he'll be forced to use Marine One & Air Force One including Camp David.

Betcha somewhere in Bel Air, Reagan is like "I am going to end your political career like I ended your father's political career in 1966". I hope Jerry is prepared for 1980.

I would love to see Linda Ronstadt as First Lady & hoping they move that swimming pool indoors (the outdoor swimming pool is weird).
Reagan can dream all he wants to but Moonbeam may end his career! :openedeyewink:

It would fit right in with the 70s.

Reagan can dream all he wants to but Moonbeam may end his career! :openedeyewink:

It would fit right in with the 70s.
Let's say Brown wins the Presidency in 1976, would he resign as CA Governor in mid December of 1976 & allow CA Lieutenant Governor Mervyn Dymally (D) take over as CA's 35th Governor?

It likely gives Dymally a leg up for winning full 4-year term in 1978.

Let's say Brown wins the Presidency in 1976, would he resign as CA Governor in mid December of 1976 & allow CA Lieutenant Governor Mervyn Dymally (D) take over as CA's 35th Governor?

It likely gives Dymally a leg up for winning full 4-year term in 1978.
I don't think Brown would have a choice on whether he would resign or not.

That's most likely what would happen. Also would Mo Udall find a spot in the Brown administration?
Cabinet of Edmund Gerald Brown, Jr., (January 20, 1977 to January 20, 1981)
President: Jerry Brown (D-CA)
VP: Terry Sanford (D-NC)
US Secretary of State: Walter Mondale (D-MN)
US Secretary of the Treasury: Paul Volkner (sorry if I messed up his last name)
US Secretary of Defense: Benjamin O. Davis, Jr., (D/I-DC)
US Attorney General: John Hill (D-TX)
US Secretary of the Interior: Morris Udall (D-AZ)
US Secretary of Agriculture: Jimmy Carter (D-GA)
US Secretary of Commerce: David Rockefeller (R-NY St)
US Secretary of Labor: ???
US Secretary of Transportation: ???
US Secretary of Health, Education & Welfare: Patricia Roberts Harris (D-DC)
US Secretary of Housing & Urban Development: Tom Bradley (D-CA) or Moon Landrieu (D-LA)
US Secretary of Energy: ???
US Ambassador to the United Nations: ???
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Frank Church (D-ID)
Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation: ???

Cabinet of Edmund Gerald Brown, Jr., (January 20, 1977 to January 20, 1981)
President: Jerry Brown (D-CA)
VP: Terry Sanford (D-NC)
US Secretary of State: Walter Mondale (D-MN)
US Secretary of the Treasury: Paul Volkner (sorry if I messed up his last name)
US Secretary of Defense: Benjamin O. Davis, Jr., (D/I-DC)
US Attorney General: John Hill (D-TX)
US Secretary of the Interior: Morris Udall (D-AZ)
US Secretary of Agriculture: Jimmy Carter (D-GA)
US Secretary of Commerce: David Rockefeller (R-NY St)
US Secretary of Labor: ???
US Secretary of Transportation: ???
US Secretary of Health, Education & Welfare: Patricia Roberts Harris (D-DC)
US Secretary of Housing & Urban Development: Tom Bradley (D-CA) or Moon Landrieu (D-LA)
US Secretary of Energy: ???
US Ambassador to the United Nations: ???
Director of the Central Intelligence Agency: Frank Church (D-ID)
Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation: ???
I don't think Terry Sanford would get picked for VP as Brown would need either a Senator or Congressman such as Mike Gravel or Mo Udall but Sanford could get a cabinet post.

I don't think Terry Sanford would get picked for VP as Brown would need either a Senator or Congressman such as Mike Gravel or Mo Udall but Sanford could get a cabinet post.
I'll put Bentsen as VP instead since he's a United States Senator. Big question is whether TX Governor Dolph Briscoe (D) appoints his young protege TX Secretary of State Mark W. White as the junior United States Senator?

Perhaps he might you never know.
If I'm Briscoe, I would lobby Brown on appointing Hill as US Attorney General sensing that Clements is gunning for the TX Governor's Mansion in 1978.

On the US Senate seat if Bentsen is VP (Bentsen won reelection very easily in 1976 as United States Senator), I think Briscoe will appoint his young protege White (whom I mentioned earlier today) to Bentsen's US Senate seat.

Of course special election will occur around early Summer 1977 (which White wins easily avoiding runoff & full 6-year term in 1978).

PS: Briscoe & White are going to be included in the Rocky timeline that I'm working on right now 😉

If I'm Briscoe, I would lobby Brown on appointing Hill as US Attorney General sensing that Clements is gunning for the TX Governor's Mansion in 1978.

On the US Senate seat if Bentsen is VP (Bentsen won reelection very easily in 1976 as United States Senator), I think Briscoe will appoint his young protege White (whom I mentioned earlier today) to Bentsen's US Senate seat.

Of course special election will occur around early Summer 1977 (which White wins easily avoiding runoff & full 6-year term in 1978).

PS: Briscoe & White are going to be included in the Rocky timeline that I'm working on right now 😉
Sounds very interesting thank you for the ideas. Also Bentsen could become President if Brown is shot by Hickney :openedeyewink: :love::winkytongue: