True Lies

I was recently rewatching the movie, True Lies, and I was thinking about the ramifications of it. In the movie, the Crimson Jihad, a mythical Arab terrorist group manages somehow to obtain some ex Soviet nukes. They set one off in the Florida Keys and are prevented from nuking a city in Florida. I can imagine that the US will be leaning on the Russians very hard to keep track of their nukes. In addition, if you think that the USA went overboard by invading Afghanistan and Iraq this is going to be worse. The only thing is that the leader of Crimson Jihad and many if not all his followers are dead by the end of the movie. What do you think will happen after this?

One other thing that I was thinking about was what if this nuking of the Florida Keys/almost nuking of a US city happened right around the same time as 9/11 in OTL?

3737-1.jpg

Time magazine after the the nuking of of the Florida keys bridge placating the American paranoia at the time

The audacity of Crimson Jihad butterflies Osama Bin Laden back into the construction business and Zawahari is devoted to his pediatric avocation. Mohammad Atta becomes the angriest architect in Germany.

Mounted police units make a bit of a comeback.

Harry and Helen are in the van for an undisclosed period of time after Harry gets kicked in the [classified] by a horse.

us-president-bill-clinton-makes-a-statement-in-the-briefing-room-of-D43YDC.jpg

President Bill Clinton addresses the nation after the bombing of the Florida keyes talking about the new War on terror and the environmental impact of Radiation in the waters of that region.
This allowed the government to increase the power of the Monroe doctrine putting America in conflict with Cuba Haiti and Mexico