TL-191: Navy Blue and Gray - Naval Forces of the USA and CSA

Those I do recall: Juneau had the five Sullivan brothers aboard when she was sunk, and Honolulu was at Pearl Harbor on the Day of Infamy, along with being in the Solomons, Marianas, and Pelileu.

I just had a thought, that since Germany and America are allies in this TL and they share ideas with each other, that maybe, just maybe, we see an earlier introduction of the GUPPY program for the US Navy's Fleet Submarines.
Pomodon_%28SS-486%29.jpg

165xEdx6-ddXqU50wJmQxJs12ESc_o6qu-Q5OL_t-GsAbgnQkNAvJJkuYWO_szAJETXiFp2x9_VpWVcCh4ui541PAJ7jWL5a

That would work: especially when deck guns become unnecessary and torpedo warheads more lethal. Would the Germans still get the snorkel from the Dutch? That’s my guess. Then it would be passed on to the USA.

With both the USA and Germany busy in the Atlantic and North Sea/Baltic respectively-especially in the SGW, British and French Commerce in the South Atlantic and the IO needs some interdicting. Raiders similar to OTL's Wolf, Mowe, Atlantis, Thor, Pinguin, Kormoran, etc. from both the USN and the Kaiserliche Marine are a a logical choice-especially in the IO.

And...say a USN cruiser is visiting German East Africa when the balloon goes up (either 1GW or 2GW), and that ship's crew might have some interesting stories when they got back.

Just a general idea

Following the Great War and the defeat of the original Entente both British and French holdings in the Western Hemisphere ended up becoming American territories. Effectively transforming the Caribbean from a largely "Entente Lake" to well an American Empire. With the United States most likely wasting no time in building up its naval presence in the region and massively shifting military reality in the region. From a rather safe and secure region for the Confederacy to a potential island hoping nightmare.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the U.S. just get the Bahamas after the 1st GW? The other British-along with the French- Caribbean islands didn't go to the U.S. until after the end of the 2nd GW.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the U.S. just get the Bahamas after the 1st GW? The other British-along with the French- Caribbean islands didn't go to the U.S. until after the end of the 2nd GW.
I think it was Bermuda and the Bahamas. I don't think the USA got any French islands or the other British islands. I honestly wished that there was a POV character from the Marines; either US or CS where they were involved in an island hopping campaign in the Caribbean.

I think it was Bermuda and the Bahamas. I don't think the USA got any French islands or the other British islands. I honestly wished that there was a POV character from the Marines; either US or CS where they were involved in an island hopping campaign in the Caribbean.
You’re right: it was Bermuda and the Bahamas after the 1st GW.

I do agree: a Marine doing a Caribbean campaign could have been shown.

Probably the minimum to make an attacker pay a price-but with the Bahamas, the Confederates would take them eventually. Bermuda might have had more as it's way out in the Atlantic, and out of land-based air cover from the Mainland.

I can at least, a proper naval base, fueling stations, repair and workshops, seaplane bases, along with all of the supporting installations needed for those bases, and of course, the defenses.

I had imagined that the US Military would have at least expected those places to get attacked by the Confederates in the event of war, and even then, the Confederate would have struck hard at the Bahamas.

Bases on Andros, Grand Bahama, and Paradise Island (Nassau) are a given, along with some Army for garrison duties and Marines to protect the Naval installations. Airfields on the major islands for fighters and bombers (including Naval Air) are also going to be there. No doubt this also includes the Turks and Caicos.

I imagine the defenders at the Bahamas would be under the impression that the Navy would come to the rescue in the event of a Confederate attack, only for those expectations to be quashed.