What about a mix of the two?

That might be the best bet. Something like the uniforms of the North Dakota State Troopers:

HG.Web_.JPG

Something I've had on the back burner for awhile, inspired by old story about a Cokie-Yankee love story:

Hark the Sound Babydoll: The Movie Adaptation of the Rutherford-Chesterfield Story

711f0a0fa760eaddc21d6253b85e7c66.jpg

Leading man and Nashville native, Stanley Merlin Cooper

In 1970 Lucky Duck Studios, America's favorite filmmakers, were looking to take on another project. Something new, something fresh. Action movies, comedy, dramas, romantic comedies were all flooding out of Kissimmee at record clip, as the Oswald Reforms and America's gargantuan continental empire combined to create a glitzy renaissance in the nation's film capital. Now, the biggest problem was to tread new ground, while also keeping the government happy. On a fateful February day, a young scriptwriter named George Lester Oberland doing research for some kind of movie set somewhere in the South during either World War stumbled across the love story of Rachel Chesterfield and Jesse Rutherford, a Yankee nurse and a Cokie soldier. The story engrossed him, and he traveled to New Canaan and Carolina to meet with relatives for further research. By April, a script had been written, and he presented it to Lucky Duck. At the request of the families involved, he set the story in the modern day and changed names and plot details, as well as adding the disclaimer "loosely inspired by real events." Then, he made it sexier and more violent to sell the public. The studio loved it, and casting began that same month. Oberland was given a wife degree of autonomy in the casting process, as writer and director. In the role of Matilda Elizabeth Arthurson (based on Rachel Chesterfield) he cast an up and coming actress named Catherine Bach, who had been gathering acclaim for both her "Amazon good looks" and her wide acting range, being capable of portraying everything from a fun loving party gal to a steely eyed Pinnacle Woman ORRA officer. The part of the male lead, playing Billy Jackson Godwin (based on Jesse Rutherford) was more difficult to cast. They wanted to ensure that the movie performed well in the Cokie market, which meant getting someone who could accurately portray a Cokie accent. Kissimmee had become widely known for failing horrendously at accurately portraying Carolinian accents. As the Charlotte Observer put it "Whether they're going for the Lowcountry Drawl, the Charlotte Sound, or some good ol' fashioned Hillbilly Talk, American filmmakers consistently fail at portraying how we actually talk down here. Whether they decide to use some New Canaanite, one of those folks from neighboring Southron states of the Union, or God forbid try and get a New Englander to replicate it, every Yankee attempt at making a Cokie sound like, well, a Cokie has failed horrendously. Yet, they're somehow willing to put in the effort to at least get a British or Kanga accent half-right." This actually hurt the profit margins of American film studios, so getting a real accent was good for business. Oberland had the bright idea to actually, you know, cast a Cokie for this purpose. On a trip to East Carolina he met with a fellow American who was a local acquaintance of his, and they attended a production of Julius Caesar at Forestville State University. Oberland became enthralled by the performance of the leading man, who he flagged down after the show. The young man introduced himself as Stanley Merlin Cooper, a sophomore from Nashville in the Public Order major. Oberland offered him the job on the spot, and Cooper accepted.

Filming started in Kissimmee in May, and thanks to favorable weather and hard work, the movie, dubbed When Cokie Met Yankee, wrapped filming by next February. Filming went fairly smoothly, although there was a bit of a feud between Catherine and Ella Hoftstader, the actress portraying her mother. Given the real life relationship between mother and daughter, this was strangely fitting. Also of note, Stanley edited his lines to remove Pinnie slang because as he put it to Oberland "Groovy? Sexy mama? A Pinnacle good time? George, you're an amazing writer and director, but lemme make something known. The day I hear honest-to-God Cokie boys saying crap like this, I'm getting my shovel to dig for some ice because clearly, Hell would have frozen over." After a couple months of editing, the film was ready for a summer release. Before discussing the release and its reception, let's first look at the plot.

Matilda Arthurson is a Pinnacle young doctor in the thriving city of Metropolis, the City of Tomorrow. She's a born and raised New Canaanite, having grown up on her family's large farm outside the city with her 12 siblings, her Norwegian immigrant mother Elsa, and her domineering but clearly Pinnacle and Strong father Abraham, who is a hero from Manifest Climax. Matilda is the very vision of today's Pinnacle Strong Woman on the go. She graduated top of her class at BAUM, where she modeled as the Pinnacle Cowgirl of New Canaan in local pageants and was captain of the fencing team. Nowadays she was one of the city's best general practitioners. Aside from her Pinnacle achievements, this gal was a hard partier, not just a hard worker. She could drink, drop acid, snort coke, eat steak, and even wrestle with the best of them. She also had a dizzying love life filled with some of the most Pinnacle Men New Canaan had to offer, and there were some rather explicit scenes that illustrated this point. However, beneath all of that, she desperately wanted to find true love. As she exclaimed in her most famous monologue "Don't get me wrong, I love my Pinnacle Life. I live in God's Chosen New Jerusalem, and I have reaped the fruits of our Pinnacle Nation. I've traveled all over the Free World, been on wild adventures with my friends and family, and I run a thriving medical practice. When it comes to men, I have my pick of some of the most Pinnacle Blooded studs to ever walk God's green Earth. Business tycoons, fellow doctors, a couple rounders players, and even a half dozen ORRA captains! But for some reason, my Fluids don't respond in a "I want to spend my life with you" way with them. All I want is a handsome, Pinnacle Blooded Strong Man to love me and make lots of adorable Pinnacle Blooded babies with me. Is that so much to ask?" This monologue was notorious for getting hoots and cheers from Pinnie women across the Free World.

In the next scene, we see Billy Godwin, a noble OPV officer, receive an assignment to report to Metropolis for duty as a liasion with ORRA. Notably, Stanley Cooper actually wore a genuine OPV uniform and badge in this role. The Confederate government took great interest in When Cokie Met Yankee as an image boost abroad. As the Oswald Reforms trucked further and further along, Carolina was increasingly viewed as a bunch of rigid, racist prudes who hated fun and were perhaps less Pinnacle than other Free nations, although their large African empire helped compensate. This movie was going to be the first American film ever made with a Cokie main character, and the first one with a Cokie lead. So, they provided Cooper with a genuine uniform as part of a broader propaganda effort connected to the film. Anyways, back to the plot, Billy moves in next door to Matilda to take up his job as a contact between ORRA and the OPV. He hosts a housewarming party for his neighbors, who are generally unimpressed by it except for the delicious BBQ ribs. It was too austere and simple for these Pinnacle Blooded folks on the go; he didn't even have a full bar and some cocaine for the group to enjoy! Matilda is as unimpressed as all the rest, and leaves without thinking or caring much about her new neighbor. Over the next couple of months, the two actually feud quite a bit. Matilda hosts the most extravagant and raucous parties in the whole neighborhood, and they frequently run long into the night. Billy, who comes home exhausted from his long days of doing a noble, Pinnacle, job at his duties, just wants some peace and quiet so he can sleep. He even called RUMP on her several times to no avail, as Matilda wasn't actually doing anything illegal. However, their relationship would soon take a dramatic turn. One warm summer evening, Matilda is entertaining a biker she met in a bar, who alleges that he is a member of RUMP on vacation, only for the camera to zoom in on his SIN card to reveal that this is, in fact, a lie. As they talk more in her home, Matilda begins to think something is off about him, and asks him to leave. He refuses, pulls out a gun, and attempts to rape her. She screams at the top of her lungs for help as the man pursues her. Billy, who had just gotten home from work and was about to shower, hears her cries and grabs his trusty Purdey and Sons shotgun without hesitation. He kicks down the door to her home and blows the man away with his shotgun. As the authorities come to cart away the body, a RUMP man reveals that the would be rapist's SIN card showed that he'd had negative reactions to a couple vaccines. This implies weak fluidation at best, demonic possession at worst.

After the body is removed, a grateful Matilda asks her Cokie neighbor what she could do to repay him. In one of the most iconic moments of cinema history, Billy grabs one of her cowboy hats she had hanging up, puts it on, turns dramatically back to her, spreads his legs comically wide, and says in the worst New Canaan accent imaginable "Been a long time since I had a home-cooked meal pardnah." Matilda bursts out laughing and they agree to have dinner the next night. It would later be revealed that that reaction was genuine, as Stanley improvised the whole thing on the spot. The scene was ranked the funniest comedy piece in a motion picture for 1971, and it even amused the famously prickly New Canaanites. The next evening, Matilda prepares some New Canaan style chili burgers, complete with Keybeck Fries and some nice, refreshing Republica Beer. Over dinner, the two get to know one another better. Billy is revealed to be from Nashville, West Carolina (the actor's hometown) and to have five siblings, as well as a long family history of service in the OPV. The two genuinely enjoy one another's company, and Matilda is fully prepared to take him to bed, basically telling him as much. Billy refuses her offer, but instead kisses her on the cheek and asks for a second date. She eagerly accepts, and he bids her goodnight. The next scenes are a montage of the pair on dates, eating at a nice restaurant, riding on horseback, and going to a shooting gallery. However, not all is well with the couple. After a particularly romantic date, Matilda again wants to take Billy to bed. He refuses, and this legendary argument, which the OPV would later use as training material for Cokie men abroad, ensues:

"Come to bed with me Billy. Please. It's been months...."
"Tilly, I can't do that."
"Really? Really? This again? I can't believe you!"
"Til-"
"Don't you Tilly me! I want you so badly I can't stand it, and you're just teasing me! Why? Do you like seeing me beg?"
"Are you insane?"
"Maybe I am, but if I am, that's because I've been obsessing over this for MONTHS! Every night I go "Hmmm, why doesn't Billy want me?"
"Ti-"
"I'm not done Cokie boy! At first I thought, oh he's just shy. But you've been real vocal about how good you think I look, so that isn't it. Then, I thought maybe he's not as Pinnacle a Man as he appears and he's just trying to hide it. Maybe his Fluids aren't that strong or don't work!"
"Now you hold on a dam-"
"Don't worry my Cokie Atheling, I wrote that off too. I've seen how you handle criminals, guns, and horses. I've seen you charm all my friends once you got comfortable. I can FEEL how you react when I wear something tantalizing. Your fluids are rip-roaring and ready to go go go! So now, that leaves only one answer."
"Til-"
"I'm not Pinnacle enough for you. That has to be it! And you clearly have your heart elsewhere. Maybe you have some sweet Anglo-Saxon thing back home who lives to cook, clean, and give you babies. Or MAYBE you're fooling around with that ORRA officer at work. The tall blonde with grey eyes and that five pounds of brass on her huge chest!? I've seen how she looks at you. I can't blame you, she's a war hero with hooters that can crack coconuts! Those are some strong fluids there, you two could breed a Supreme Chief! I'm sure you'll be a happy Pinnacle Co-"
"*slams fist on table* Tilly, would you stop your yammering for Christ's sake? We've done been over this. As an honest, God-fearin, doctrine obeyin, Presbyterian Carolinian, I don't believe in that kinda intimacy before marriage! You think you're going crazy? I think about you all the time. Your smile, your eyes, your cute nose, those long legs... I ain't never been as tempted to break my faith as I have been with you. You've gotten closer than anyone. But it's my God given duty as an Anglo-Saxon Presbyterian to obey my Lord. I respect your faith, for Christ's sake, you managed to drag me to a damn seance with your Spiritual Marxist gal pals. I'm asking you to respect my faith too, even if I'll admit it's driving us crazy. Because I can see me making you my wife. I just wanna wait for the right time."

The scene was widely praised across the Free World for its passion and emotion, as well as portraying how despite the gaps in belief, the AFC and Presbyterianism alike were both true faiths worthy of respect. This mostly resolves the dispute, and the couple goes back to happily dating. A friend of Matilda's hits on Billy, a glamorized catfight beatdown ensues, and her friend is roundly defeated. On their one year anniversary, Billy makes some New Canaan style chili burgers, gets down on bended knee after dinner, and pops the question. Matilda gleefully accepts and basically leaps into his arms. Seeing as they're now "basically married" the couple finally does the deed, again rather graphically depicted, and both are very, very happy with how it goes. Their families are, unfortunately, less than enthused about the marriage. However, when their anger gets too far out of hand (at least Tilly's family, Billy's doesn't appear till the wedding) Billy pulls out a nightstick and threatens to beat her old man to death. Matilda, finally free of her father's domineering power, brutally humiliates her father with one line. "Sorry daddy, but there's a new Strong Man who's number one in my heart and home." Broken by this assault on his Fluidation, the once menacing Abe gives his consent to the wedding. The couple has two wondrous weddings, one in Metropolis, one in Nashville. Aside from another catfight at the wedding in Metropolis between Matilda and one of her bridesmaids, who also wanted into Billy's pants, and Billy violently ejecting one of Matilda's exes from the same, the marriage goes off without a hitch. The movie ends with the shot of Billy and Tilly kissing at their second wedding in Nashville. The end of movie "What Happened to Them" montage reveals that the happy couple eventually moved to Jacksonland, where they were able to acquire a massive ranch in a bankruptcy fire sale. They made a massive fortune and had 8 children. Matilda became a coordinator for charitable efforts between the Women's Presbytery and the Sisters of Purity. Their beautiful children were raised in a mixed faith house, and each eventually chose which to follow.

When Cokie Met Yankee became a smash hit across the Free World, making everyone involved filthy rich. The movie did especially well in Carolina, although all of the sex got edited out of the country's theatrical release. It also tremendously boosted Carolina's image in the eyes of their Fascist allies across the Free World. Billy Godwin was an honest and brave lawman who protected his lady love and stuck to his guns, and that image was conflated with the OPV and nation as a whole. It was also helpful that Stanley Cooper became the nation's first true exported sex symbol. He had many similarities in terms of personality with his character, and was seen as a wholesome young man. He was also quite handsome, and was the first Cokie actor to actually show himself off on camera. When asked by a Yankee women's magazine if he would marry a foreigner of good stock, he replied "Well I figure I would, although I'd like for her to become a Presbyterian gal before we tie the knot." In response to this, Swedish-American model Wilhelmina Bjornson said "I'm not sure if his Pinnacle Seed is strong enough to chase the Fundie out of me and fill that void with Presbyterianism, but I'd really, really like to find out." This sentiment was echoed in thousands of fan letters from around the Free World, many of which included explicit photos. By all accounts, Cooper tried his hardest to stay on the straight and narrow, and honor his country and faith. However, he was also a straight college aged human male with thousands of women throwing themselves at him. Based on his diary, it appears he cracked about three times and slept with fans. If one matches the entries with his bank account, they would find a direct correlation between the times he engaged in these activities with truly astonishing donations to the Carolinian Presbyterian Church, indicating a high level of guilt. A year after the movie's release, he married Israeli-American model Alona Sapperstein, who did actually convert for love, sparking no shortage of dirty jokes. They had nine children together. His co-star Catherine Bach would go on to ever greater successes, becoming a silver screen legend. And their film would spark a whole genre of romantic comedies and dramedies with Cokie male leads called Southron Fried Romance. This also boosted the nation's standing abroad, and the OPV considered the project a rousing success.

3-27-e1565865592115.jpg

Catherine Bach as Matilda Arthurson, Pinnacle Woman, Cowgirl, and Doctor of New Canaan

George_Lucas_1986_%28cropped%29.jpg

George Lester Oberland, writer and director

02-rene-russo.jpg

Wilhelmina Bjornson, the model whose comments helped fan the firestorm of hysteria around Stan Cooper.

I_Walk_the_Line_1970_film_poster.jpg

One of many Southron Fried Romances to follow in When Cokie Met Yankee's footsteps

Last edited:
That was excellent.

Movies focused on sex and romance are going to be more insane than action movies or anything else in my opinion, as far as cinema goes. Literally every movie will be people obsessing over the strength/sexiness/viability of their Fluids and Seed. I really enjoyed making the woman the super aggressive party, since it flips so much OTL stuff on its head but makes total sense in universe.

Last edited:
Here's a writeup for an alternate Madnessverse I thought of over the long run of the TL. Also, crude mapchart.net maps.

POD: The Cuba War never happens. The French and Southrons come together to try and hash things out between Virginia and Carolina. France "suggests" that to keep the peace, Maryland, the smallest of the Southron nations, takes Cuba. This creates a relative balance of power between the Southron nations. Also, the Marylanders will give the rest of the Southrons basing rights and some other privileges to keep everyone happy. Somewhat after this, the Southrons all participate in the Louisiana purchase, leaving the Yankees high and dry. The Yankees continue to stew in their anger, and also copulate like rabbits, putting them on the verge of overpopulation by the Great War. Lincoln still comes to power, banning Christmas and whatnot, but his Administration is more remembered for building up the country. The Second Sons cling to power, leaving America a basically one party state, but with more elections. This smaller Yankeeland doesn't feel as threatening to Canada, which will bite them in the ass later.

Meanwhile, the Southrons (minus Maryland) all push west. Virginia wins out by far, and the Stars and Bars fly from sea to shining sea. Carolina does ok for itself, but basically gets stopped at the OTL Midwest. The Georgians just barely got beat by Virginia to the sea, and actually fought a vicious border war over it. They're unhappy, to say the least. Texas joins the club of Southron nations, and over the years has taken quite a nasty bite out of Mexico.

The Great War starts on schedule for about the same reasons. Europa does better in some ways, worse in others. On the one hand, they retain footholds in both the Americas. On the other hand, they succumb to an even worse case of flu, and the economy gives out under the strain of it all. Making matters worse, the Yankees, bottled up into New England, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin, overran Canada under the Presidency of Theodore Roosevelt. Colonial revolts make things hellish as well. Portugal rebelled against French imperialism during the war, and the country was forcibly integrated into Iberia. In the aftermath, the Europans decide to sell portions of their empire to stop the nation from plunging into bankruptcy. The buyers wind up being the Southrons, who remained neutral during the war as Europan strong-arming in favor of abolition soured the relationship between the two sides of the Atlantic. Georgia picks up Hispaniola (renamed to South Georgia) and former Portuguese Angola (renamed Baldwin after Georgia Founding Father Abraham Baldwin). Carolina completes its African drive to the sea by picking up Mozambique. Texas nabs Madagascar. That brings us up to 1920 within the TL, roughly. The Cokies do get involved in an Embassy Massacre style intervention, this time in Russia proper. For their part, the Texans deal with a similar issue in Eduist Brazil. Now, let's evaluate North America. More will be coming in another post!

The Republican Union: The Republican Union is high on victory. After years of being bottled up into New England, plus a few extra territories, they have the whole of Canada. President Roosevelt has been in office for some 30 years, and given his age could last another decade or two. The Yankees have nearly wrapped up the Immolation/Cleansing of Keybeck, and Yankee settlers have moved en masse to sparsely populated Canada, relieving population pressure on the main part of Yankeeland and causing an explosion in economic growth. Work on the Destiny Road has just begun with the aim of connecting this vast new empire. Autos were invented by a Virginian ITTL, but the Yankees under their own Colonel Ford have built a thriving auto industry. Spiritual Marxism is only just now rising and may or may not survive, given Roosevelt's skepticism. ORRA does not exist, but the Minutemen do, and they serve a similar function. There is no Sweet Victory, as the Yankees don't have consistent access to cocaine. Instead a Boogie style capsule and copiously caffeinated regular soft drinks are the rage. Now, the Yankee war machine has its hungry eyes on Virginia and Maryland, but might not be capable of beating them if Georgia, Carolina, and Texas come to their aid.

The Republic of Maryland: Maryland is in a similar spot to the Maryland of regular Madnessverse before the GAW, being terrified of the Yankee menace. Aside from this, Maryland has taken an interesting course of political development. Ironically, under their Faith and Freedom party, who took over after a massive recession in the 1880's, Marylanders are almost as anti-Protestant as the Yankees are anti-Catholic. Aside from this, Maryland is ardently white supremacist, but their definition of white is very broad, and includes quite a few Hispanics. After getting Emancipation thrust upon them by France, the Marylanders basically deported all their former slaves to the Yankee North. There is no way in which this could cause them problems in the future. After the Great War they buried the hatchet with France, and are now allied to both Europa and Virginia. Culturally, there are strong Hispanic and Southern European influences in Maryland, as Spanish, Portuguese, and Italians have immigrated in waves to the nation, but the nation also borrows much from their Virginian neighbors and benefactors.

The Republic of Virginia: Virginia is the most powerful nation on the North American continent, and the Empire of Liberty stretches from sea to shining sea. After the Louisiana Purchase, they spread west with vigor, keeping the Yankees contained to Illinois and Wisconsin. There was no small amount of fighting involved, but the Yankees were still unprepared for violence on that scale with the invigorated Virginians. Virginia saw massive waves of immigration from Britain, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Czechia, creating something of a "mutt" state not dissimilar to OTL's America. Politically, Virginia is still a democracy, although tending towards a military-planter oligarchy in practice. Virginia is a white supremacist state, and after Emancipation all the former slaves were dumped into the "Free Negro Territory of Monroe" located in the northern half of OTL Minnesota. The Territory does not have representation in the House of Burgess, although it is fairly self-governing. In the 1890's Virginia annexed Panama, renamed Jefferson, and built TTL's Panama Canal. Jefferson City (Panama City) is TTL's Hollywood, as Virginia is one of the cultural powerhouses of the world. The Virginians are also the ones to embrace cocaine sodas and candies ITTL, branded Jimmy's Cola. Virginian culture is heavily Anglo-Celtic, with dashes of Southern European influence. Right now they're going through a *Roaring Twenties phase. Religiously, there is a tolerance for all Christian faiths, but not others. Virginia too is building a highway system, dubbed the Liberty Route System.

The Confederation of the Carolinas: The Carolinas are the most ethnically homogeneous of the Southron nations. Given the fact that the Cokies expanded more slowly than the other powers, and didn't have a huge draw like Cuba, they have attracted little immigration, although in more recent years about 650,000 Scotch and Ulster Scotch refugees were received with open arms. As a result, Carolina is still a very proudly and belligerently Presbyterian Scotch-Irish nation like in Madnessverse. The Jacksonians still run the show as what is essentially an elective one party state. Chancellor Jackson is still revered as the Father of the Nation ITTL, and Polk is seen as the man who won Carolina her western territories. Carolina has developed a strong streak of defensive, semi-isolationist nationalism, mainly as a result of being stuck between the imperial rivals of Virginia and Georgia. To compensate for their relative lack of territory on the continent, Carolina has colonized Africa more aggressively than any other Southron nation, and have taken a vast swath of the southern portion of the continent stretching from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Partly as a function of this, the Cokies dumped all their freed slaves in their new colonies. Carolina is quite conservative culturally, looking on the wildness of Virginia with disgust. Non-cocainated Cokie-Cola is the nation's favorite soda, and gaining popularity in Europe. The Cokie interstate system is called, imaginatively, the Carolinian Highway System.

The Republic of Georgia: Georgia is one nasty piece of work ITTL. After just barely losing the Race to the West with Virginia, and after being denied right of access by Carolina so they could fight a proper war with Virginia, Georgia deteriorated into a dictatorship that is awfully reminiscent of Fascist Yankeeland. After losing their bloody border war in the West, the New Liberty Party arose promising national rejuvenation. The government was replaced with a full on dictatorship in the 1880s, complete with a secret police dubbed Liberty's Torchmen. The Georgians are rabidly building for the day that they will punish the Cokies and Virginians for their evil, un-Christian ways, and possibly destroy the Union too. Despite this vitriolic nationalism, the Georgians actually get along well with the Texans and French, with whom they have no quarrel. Religiously, Georgia is also not as oppressive as its Yankee counterparts. If anything, Georgia actually has a large Slavic population, mainly Ukrainians and Russians fleeing war and poverty, and the Orthodox Church is notorious for its support of the NLP. Culturally, Georgia is even more conservative than Carolina, possibly closer to regressive. The issue of the freed slaves is... unfortunate. Although many Afro-Georgians are now being dumped off into Georgian Angola, many more seem to have just... disappeared. The Georgian government refuses to answer questions on the matter. On a less genocidal note, the Georgians are joining in the general highway building craze with the Freedom Thoroughfare System

The Republic of Texas: Texas is the strangest and wildest of the Southron nations. Born of the wildness of the Race for the West, that violent, law-breaking, acquisitive spirit was the foundation of the Texan national character. Texas is a mixture of Anglo cowboys and Criollo adventurers, creating an interesting mixture of cultures, but one that has a rootin tootin freebootin spirit as the glue of the nation. The Texan government, based in San Antonio, is a democracy that is dominated by cattle barons, and nowadays, oil companies. The government has a strong authoritarian streak, mainly when people question the power of the wealthy. However, in general Texas more closely resembles a racist ancap state with strong imperialist urges. People freely duel in the streets over matters of honor. While most duels are between men, it isn't unusual to see women engage in gunplay. Polygamy is legal, and the current Texan Commander-in-Chief Jimmy Hughes famously has 14 wives. Drug laws are the same as Yankeeland's, and the country consumes more drugs per capita than any other nation on Earth. The country has expanded twice at the expense of Mexico, and is planning to go for a threepeat. Culturally the nation is more Anglo due to the power of Anglo settlers, but there are still strong Hispanic influences. Texas attracts immigrants from all over the world who are attracted to the nation's wild ways. In Drakeville, Arizona (OTL Phoenix) a movie industry has begun to arise which focuses predominantly on "Texans" (Westerns).

Kingdom of California: The Kingdom of California is basically unchanged from mainline Madness. However, the country's main fear ITTL is Southron expansionism, not Yankee, although the Yankees have jumped to second place after what they did to Canada. More specifically, California is worried about Texas, the region's wild card. Although Texas mainly seems concerned with kicking the shit out of Mexico, they've also been eagerly eyeing up California. Given the ongoing struggles of the Bonaparte World System, if Texas put its mind to it, they could probably at least annex part of the Kingdom.

Mexico: After the fall of the Mad Emperor, Mexico did retain control of most of OTL Mexico and Central America. Unfortunately, given the nation's relatively low population to OTL and habit of engaging in violent political struggles, it's been a convenient target for Southron imperialism. Texas, Georgia, and Virginia have all carved off pieces, and there are fears of an Africa-esque scramble for the remains of the country now that Southron imperialism has lost all other easy outlets.

United Republic of Central America: The URCA is a product of Georgian neo-colonialism. While technically an independent nation, the URCA is essentially forced to bow to Georgia on all foreign policy decisions, and allows Georgian companies to abuse the people. The nation is a one party dictatorship run by the local white elites, and revolts are put down by a combination of the military, mercenaries, and if things are really bad, the Georgians.

Russian Alaska: About the same as Madness. Next up on the Yankee shit list, and given how overextended Russia is compared to Yankeeland, and the fact that they haven't fully recovered from their civil war, it could be fairly easy pickings.

Here's a writeup for an alternate Madnessverse I thought of over the long run of the TL. Also, crude mapchart.net maps.

POD: The Cuba War never happens. The French and Southrons come together to try and hash things out between Virginia and Carolina. France "suggests" that to keep the peace, Maryland, the smallest of the Southron nations, takes Cuba. This creates a relative balance of power between the Southron nations. Also, the Marylanders will give the rest of the Southrons basing rights and some other privileges to keep everyone happy. Somewhat after this, the Southrons all participate in the Louisiana purchase, leaving the Yankees high and dry. The Yankees continue to stew in their anger, and also copulate like rabbits, putting them on the verge of overpopulation by the Great War. Lincoln still comes to power, banning Christmas and whatnot, but his Administration is more remembered for building up the country. The Second Sons cling to power, leaving America a basically one party state, but with more elections. This smaller Yankeeland doesn't feel as threatening to Canada, which will bite them in the ass later.

Meanwhile, the Southrons (minus Maryland) all push west. Virginia wins out by far, and the Stars and Bars fly from sea to shining sea. Carolina does ok for itself, but basically gets stopped at the OTL Midwest. The Georgians just barely got beat by Virginia to the sea, and actually fought a vicious border war over it. They're unhappy, to say the least. Texas joins the club of Southron nations, and over the years has taken quite a nasty bite out of Mexico.

The Great War starts on schedule for about the same reasons. Europa does better in some ways, worse in others. On the one hand, they retain footholds in both the Americas. On the other hand, they succumb to an even worse case of flu, and the economy gives out under the strain of it all. Making matters worse, the Yankees, bottled up into New England, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin, overran Canada under the Presidency of Theodore Roosevelt. Colonial revolts make things hellish as well. Portugal rebelled against French imperialism during the war, and the country was forcibly integrated into Iberia. In the aftermath, the Europans decide to sell portions of their empire to stop the nation from plunging into bankruptcy. The buyers wind up being the Southrons, who remained neutral during the war as Europan strong-arming in favor of abolition soured the relationship between the two sides of the Atlantic. Georgia picks up Hispaniola (renamed to South Georgia) and former Portuguese Angola (renamed Baldwin after Georgia Founding Father Abraham Baldwin). Carolina completes its African drive to the sea by picking up Mozambique. Texas nabs Madagascar. That brings us up to 1920 within the TL, roughly. The Cokies do get involved in an Embassy Massacre style intervention, this time in Russia proper. For their part, the Texans deal with a similar issue in Eduist Brazil. Now, let's evaluate North America. More will be coming in another post!

The Republican Union: The Republican Union is high on victory. After years of being bottled up into New England, plus a few extra territories, they have the whole of Canada. President Roosevelt has been in office for some 30 years, and given his age could last another decade or two. The Yankees have nearly wrapped up the Immolation/Cleansing of Keybeck, and Yankee settlers have moved en masse to sparsely populated Canada, relieving population pressure on the main part of Yankeeland and causing an explosion in economic growth. Work on the Destiny Road has just begun with the aim of connecting this vast new empire. Autos were invented by a Virginian ITTL, but the Yankees under their own Colonel Ford have built a thriving auto industry. Spiritual Marxism is only just now rising and may or may not survive, given Roosevelt's skepticism. ORRA does not exist, but the Minutemen do, and they serve a similar function. There is no Sweet Victory, as the Yankees don't have consistent access to cocaine. Instead a Boogie style capsule and copiously caffeinated regular soft drinks are the rage. Now, the Yankee war machine has its hungry eyes on Virginia and Maryland, but might not be capable of beating them if Georgia, Carolina, and Texas come to their aid.

The Republic of Maryland: Maryland is in a similar spot to the Maryland of regular Madnessverse before the GAW, being terrified of the Yankee menace. Aside from this, Maryland has taken an interesting course of political development. Ironically, under their Faith and Freedom party, who took over after a massive recession in the 1880's, Marylanders are almost as anti-Protestant as the Yankees are anti-Catholic. Aside from this, Maryland is ardently white supremacist, but their definition of white is very broad, and includes quite a few Hispanics. After getting Emancipation thrust upon them by France, the Marylanders basically deported all their former slaves to the Yankee North. There is no way in which this could cause them problems in the future. After the Great War they buried the hatchet with France, and are now allied to both Europa and Virginia. Culturally, there are strong Hispanic and Southern European influences in Maryland, as Spanish, Portuguese, and Italians have immigrated in waves to the nation, but the nation also borrows much from their Virginian neighbors and benefactors.

The Republic of Virginia: Virginia is the most powerful nation on the North American continent, and the Empire of Liberty stretches from sea to shining sea. After the Louisiana Purchase, they spread west with vigor, keeping the Yankees contained to Illinois and Wisconsin. There was no small amount of fighting involved, but the Yankees were still unprepared for violence on that scale with the invigorated Virginians. Virginia saw massive waves of immigration from Britain, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Czechia, creating something of a "mutt" state not dissimilar to OTL's America. Politically, Virginia is still a democracy, although tending towards a military-planter oligarchy in practice. Virginia is a white supremacist state, and after Emancipation all the former slaves were dumped into the "Free Negro Territory of Monroe" located in the northern half of OTL Minnesota. The Territory does not have representation in the House of Burgess, although it is fairly self-governing. In the 1890's Virginia annexed Panama, renamed Jefferson, and built TTL's Panama Canal. Jefferson City (Panama City) is TTL's Hollywood, as Virginia is one of the cultural powerhouses of the world. The Virginians are also the ones to embrace cocaine sodas and candies ITTL, branded Jimmy's Cola. Virginian culture is heavily Anglo-Celtic, with dashes of Southern European influence. Right now they're going through a *Roaring Twenties phase. Religiously, there is a tolerance for all Christian faiths, but not others. Virginia too is building a highway system, dubbed the Liberty Route System.

The Confederation of the Carolinas: The Carolinas are the most ethnically homogeneous of the Southron nations. Given the fact that the Cokies expanded more slowly than the other powers, and didn't have a huge draw like Cuba, they have attracted little immigration, although in more recent years about 650,000 Scotch and Ulster Scotch refugees were received with open arms. As a result, Carolina is still a very proudly and belligerently Presbyterian Scotch-Irish nation like in Madnessverse. The Jacksonians still run the show as what is essentially an elective one party state. Chancellor Jackson is still revered as the Father of the Nation ITTL, and Polk is seen as the man who won Carolina her western territories. Carolina has developed a strong streak of defensive, semi-isolationist nationalism, mainly as a result of being stuck between the imperial rivals of Virginia and Georgia. To compensate for their relative lack of territory on the continent, Carolina has colonized Africa more aggressively than any other Southron nation, and have taken a vast swath of the southern portion of the continent stretching from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Partly as a function of this, the Cokies dumped all their freed slaves in their new colonies. Carolina is quite conservative culturally, looking on the wildness of Virginia with disgust. Non-cocainated Cokie-Cola is the nation's favorite soda, and gaining popularity in Europe. The Cokie interstate system is called, imaginatively, the Carolinian Highway System.

The Republic of Georgia: Georgia is one nasty piece of work ITTL. After just barely losing the Race to the West with Virginia, and after being denied right of access by Carolina so they could fight a proper war with Virginia, Georgia deteriorated into a dictatorship that is awfully reminiscent of Fascist Yankeeland. After losing their bloody border war in the West, the New Liberty Party arose promising national rejuvenation. The government was replaced with a full on dictatorship in the 1880s, complete with a secret police dubbed Liberty's Torchmen. The Georgians are rabidly building for the day that they will punish the Cokies and Virginians for their evil, un-Christian ways, and possibly destroy the Union too. Despite this vitriolic nationalism, the Georgians actually get along well with the Texans and French, with whom they have no quarrel. Religiously, Georgia is also not as oppressive as its Yankee counterparts. If anything, Georgia actually has a large Slavic population, mainly Ukrainians and Russians fleeing war and poverty, and the Orthodox Church is notorious for its support of the NLP. Culturally, Georgia is even more conservative than Carolina, possibly closer to regressive. The issue of the freed slaves is... unfortunate. Although many Afro-Georgians are now being dumped off into Georgian Angola, many more seem to have just... disappeared. The Georgian government refuses to answer questions on the matter. On a less genocidal note, the Georgians are joining in the general highway building craze with the Freedom Thoroughfare System

The Republic of Texas: Texas is the strangest and wildest of the Southron nations. Born of the wildness of the Race for the West, that violent, law-breaking, acquisitive spirit was the foundation of the Texan national character. Texas is a mixture of Anglo cowboys and Criollo adventurers, creating an interesting mixture of cultures, but one that has a rootin tootin freebootin spirit as the glue of the nation. The Texan government, based in San Antonio, is a democracy that is dominated by cattle barons, and nowadays, oil companies. The government has a strong authoritarian streak, mainly when people question the power of the wealthy. However, in general Texas more closely resembles a racist ancap state with strong imperialist urges. People freely duel in the streets over matters of honor. While most duels are between men, it isn't unusual to see women engage in gunplay. Polygamy is legal, and the current Texan Commander-in-Chief Jimmy Hughes famously has 14 wives. Drug laws are the same as Yankeeland's, and the country consumes more drugs per capita than any other nation on Earth. The country has expanded twice at the expense of Mexico, and is planning to go for a threepeat. Culturally the nation is more Anglo due to the power of Anglo settlers, but there are still strong Hispanic influences. Texas attracts immigrants from all over the world who are attracted to the nation's wild ways. In Drakeville, Arizona (OTL Phoenix) a movie industry has begun to arise which focuses predominantly on "Texans" (Westerns).

Kingdom of California: The Kingdom of California is basically unchanged from mainline Madness. However, the country's main fear ITTL is Southron expansionism, not Yankee, although the Yankees have jumped to second place after what they did to Canada. More specifically, California is worried about Texas, the region's wild card. Although Texas mainly seems concerned with kicking the shit out of Mexico, they've also been eagerly eyeing up California. Given the ongoing struggles of the Bonaparte World System, if Texas put its mind to it, they could probably at least annex part of the Kingdom.

Mexico: After the fall of the Mad Emperor, Mexico did retain control of most of OTL Mexico and Central America. Unfortunately, given the nation's relatively low population to OTL and habit of engaging in violent political struggles, it's been a convenient target for Southron imperialism. Texas, Georgia, and Virginia have all carved off pieces, and there are fears of an Africa-esque scramble for the remains of the country now that Southron imperialism has lost all other easy outlets.

United Republic of Central America: The URCA is a product of Georgian neo-colonialism. While technically an independent nation, the URCA is essentially forced to bow to Georgia on all foreign policy decisions, and allows Georgian companies to abuse the people. The nation is a one party dictatorship run by the local white elites, and revolts are put down by a combination of the military, mercenaries, and if things are really bad, the Georgians.

Russian Alaska: About the same as Madness. Next up on the Yankee shit list, and given how overextended Russia is compared to Yankeeland, and the fact that they haven't fully recovered from their civil war, it could be fairly easy pickings.
That’s basically what a true Redux of 1.0 would’ve look like, complete with the Great North American War.

That’s basically what a true Redux of 1.0 would’ve look like, complete with the Great North American War.

Shit you're kinda right. Although as I keep developing this (I might do some decade by decade updates) I don't know if there will necessarily be a big huge conflagration like that in N. America. More of a bunch of smaller wars. The RU overruns Alaska, the Southrons divide up Mexico, which could very well spark a war among a few of them. Texas might get ready and go after California. Eventually the RU can attack and probably conquer Maryland, and win Cuba in a peace deal. However, I doubt they could take on Virginia and win. Especially since that would probably trigger everyone else's Spidey Senses to get them to cooperate. Honestly, TTL's Union is probably never going to achieve Manifest Destiny.

Shit you're kinda right. Although as I keep developing this (I might do some decade by decade updates) I don't know if there will necessarily be a big huge conflagration like that in N. America. More of a bunch of smaller wars. The RU overruns Alaska, the Southrons divide up Mexico, which could very well spark a war among a few of them. Texas might get ready and go after California. Eventually the RU can attack and probably conquer Maryland, and win Cuba in a peace deal. However, I doubt they could take on Virginia and win. Especially since that would probably trigger everyone else's Spidey Senses to get them to cooperate. Honestly, TTL's Union is probably never going to achieve Manifest Destiny.
It's because you've still had that damnable Roosevelt instead of him True Pinnacle Man Joe Steele as pres! 🥓:cool:🥓

It's because you've still had that damnable Roosevelt instead of him True Pinnacle Man Joe Steele as pres! 🥓:cool:🥓
Only Joe and his patented Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm) will lead the Republican Union to victory on all fronts! 🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

Something I’ve been thinking about is an alternate WMIT where instead of being aggressively expansionists like they are in the original and Redux, they’re instead aggressively insular and isolationist. Maybe Burr has a slightly different vision which results in a doctrine that all land outside of New England has been corrupted beyond redemption and that thru are better off strengthening “the last true kingdom of God [ie, their current borders at the time] to fend of Satan’s hordes!” until the apocalypse.
Everything else is exactly the same though; the US is still fractured, everyone is still slightly more of an asshole then otl, weird food and funny acronyms everywhere. Only difference is that the RU is content just taking potshots at people who come to close to the border and ignoring everyone else till they get Raptured up to heaven

Only Joe and his patented Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm) will lead the Republican Union to victory on all fronts! 🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

Something I’ve been thinking about is an alternate WMIT where instead of being aggressively expansionists like they are in the original and Redux, they’re instead aggressively insular and isolationist. Maybe Burr has a slightly different vision which results in a doctrine that all land outside of New England has been corrupted beyond redemption and that thru are better off strengthening “the last true kingdom of God [ie, their current borders at the time] to fend of Satan’s hordes!” until the apocalypse.
Everything else is exactly the same though; the US is still fractured, everyone is still slightly more of an asshole then otl, weird food and funny acronyms everywhere. Only difference is that the RU is content just taking potshots at people who come to close to the border and ignoring everyone else till they get Raptured up to heaven
I digress. Even if they do become insular, they've gotta find a way to secure Michigan trade, and that I can only see though securing St. Lawrence.

Alt! Madness South America: 1920

Gran Colombia:
Gran Colombia remains a fiercely independent nation. Although it's had frequent struggles with revolutionary infighting the nation is currently experiencing stability, if not liberty, under Dictator Julio Pena. Although the nation has no racial hierarchy at the moment, it is heavily class ridden. Right now, the main concern of the government is to prepare for a potential Eduist invasion.

The Neutrality Pact: Forged in the fires of the Great War, the Neutrality Pact is an alliance between the nationalist strongman dictator of Chile, and the nationalist strongman dictator of Peru. Like their Colombian neighbors, the Pact is concerned about the continuing aggression of Eduist Brazil. However, they also have designs on the Bonapartist holdouts in Patagonia. The ultimate goal of the Pact is to unite Latin America into a juggernaut of Hispanic and Catholic civilization, so it might stand firm against the Anglos to the North, and the various Europeans across the ocean.

Kingdom of Patagonia: The Kingdom of Patagonia is the last holdout of Europan power in South America, and might not last much longer, being stuck between Eduist Brazil and the Pact. As a result, the kingdom is highly militarized, and has made strides for gender equality in the sense that women are also forced into mandatory military service for a year. Their borders with the Pact and Brazil are by far the biggest flashpoints on the continent.

Eduist Brazil: Like in straight Madness, Eduism overtakes Brazil. Also like in Madness, this is appreciated by exactly no one. In the years immediately following the Revolution of 1914, the large Eduist Brazilian People's Army seized OTL Paraguay, Uruguay, and Bolivia via human waves and shock and awe. The Eduists are highly racist, believing that only Catholic Europeans who speak Portuguese are capable of "true Eduism." The Eduists have taken to creating "racial improvement facilities" where Afro-Hispanic, indigenous, and swarthier Hispanic women are taken to find "a true Eduist mate." In the void, the Japanese comfort women are in agreement that somehow, some poor group of women has it worse than them. Needless to say, everyone hates them.

Dutch Guyana: This territory is about the same as in Madness. However, the Dutch have begun to write it off as an "acceptable loss." This isn't done willingly. Aside from the Eduists, every Southron nation and the Republican Union has a war plan in place to capture Guyana. At this point, it's only a matter of who has the balls to go for it first.

Joe Steele's Pocket Bacon is what helps him supercharge his already powerful fluids. Legend has it that the man who manages to steal some off of him will be the next President!

ITTL I imagine Roosevelt is more sane and less vicious than Steele, but still pretty terrible. I think he might be getting ready to hand off the Presidency to his family basically. Also, maybe TTL's answer to pocket bacon is pocket elk jerky from the glorious new Canadian states.

Joe Steele's Pocket Bacon is what helps him supercharge his already powerful fluids. Legend has it that the man who manages to steal some off of him will be the next President!

ITTL I imagine Roosevelt is more sane and less vicious than Steele, but still pretty terrible. I think he might be getting ready to hand off the Presidency to his family basically. Also, maybe TTL's answer to pocket bacon is pocket elk jerky from the glorious new Canadian states.
But with the all the energy and pep Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm) gives our glorious commander in chief, that won’t happen any time soon. You go, Joe!
Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm) is available in all good stores near you! Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm), snack like Steele.

Roosevelt’s Battlin’ Bull Moose Jerky (tm) is its a alternate counterpart.

Goddamnit, now I want to write an actual piece about Pinnacle Pocket Bacon😆
*adds it to the list of things I need to do after expanding upon Ireland under Socalist Monarchism*

But with the all the energy and pep Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm) gives our glorious commander in chief, that won’t happen any time soon. You go, Joe!
Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm) is available in all good stores near you! Pinnacle Pocket Bacon(tm), snack like Steele.

Roosevelt’s Battlin’ Bull Moose Jerky (tm) is its a alternate counterpart.

Goddamnit, now I want to write an actual piece about Pinnacle Pocket Bacon😆
*adds it to the list of things I need to do after expanding upon Ireland under Socalist Monarchism*
To be fair I imagine it would be less gross by the present day, pocket sized plastic pouches with a few strips to fill that "high protein snack" niche I'm always seeing advertised. Maybe they have a little moist towelette attached to clean your hands off.

Still makes me wish that California was insane like everyone else was in the world, same with Canada and Quebec, in the main madness world.

Before I talk about the rest of the alt Madnessverse, here's some more world building for the Southrons and Yankees:

The States of Virginia

Virginia (OTL Virginia and West Virginia)
Columbiana (Kentucky and part of southern Indiana)
Washington (OTL Illinois)
Iowai (OTL Iowa and southern Minnesota)
Free Negro Territory of Monroe (Northern Minnesota)
Dakota (N. and S. Dakota)
Madison (OTL Montana and part of Wyoming)
Oregon (OTL Washington and northern Idaho)
Tillamook (OTL Oregon and southern Idaho)
Jefferson (OTL Panama)
Harrison Island (Puerto Rico)
Jamaica
Bahamas

The States of Maryland

Maryland
Cuba (westernmost 1/4th of Cuba)
Carroll (west-central 1/4th of Cuba)(1)
Baltimore (east-central 1/4th of Cuba)
Booth (easternmost 1/4th of Cuba)(2)

States and Colonies of the Carolinas

North Carolina
South Carolina
West Carolina (OTL Tennessee)
Knox (OTL Missouri with a small strip of northern Arkansas)(3)
Jackson (OTL Nebraska and most of Kansas)
East Carolina (OTL Namibia)
Polkland (OTL Botswana and Zimbabwe, roughly)
Yonderland (OTL Mozambique)

States and Colonies of Georgia

Georgia
Florida (OTL Florida minus the Panhandle)
Mississippi (OTL Alabama and Mississippi, plus Florida panhandle)
Louisiana
Oklahoma (OTL Oklahoma, plus most of Arkansas, and bits of Kansas and New Mexico)
Bogdan (roughly OTL Wyoming and Colorado)(4)
South Georgia (Hispaniola)
New Maya (Belize)
Baldwin (Angola)

States and Colonies of Texas:

Texas (OTL Texas, plus some land on southern bank of the Rio Grande)
Arizona (Roughly OTL Arizona and New Mexico)
Sonora
Austin (OTL Chihuahua)(5)
South Texas (OTL Coahuila)
Libertalia (OTL Neuvo Leon and Tamaluipa)
Freedonia (Madagascar)

States and Colonies of the Republican Union

Nova Scotia
Massachusetts (OTL Mass and Maine)
Vermont
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Connecticut
New York
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Ohio (Ohio plus most of Indiana)
Michigania
Keybeck (Quebec and Newfoundland)
Ontario
Burr (Manitoba and Nunavut)
Redemption (Saskatchewan, Alberta, Northern Territory)
Lincolnia (Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast)

Famous Companies from Maryland:

Antonio's Fine Rum:
A rum distillery established in Cuba by Italian immigrant Antonio Bornice. The company is very vertically integrated, controlling the entire rum making process. The rum is both very good, and fairly inexpensive thanks to the company's use of cheap Hispanic labor. The rum of choice across Virginia, Maryland, Texas, California, and even parts of the Neutrality Pact.

Pan-Catholic Cruise Company: Based in Baltimore and running cruises in the Caribbean, as well as transatlantic ones to France, Iberia, Ireland, and Italy. Famous for its Sunday and Wednesday Mass services on board. The official cruise line of the Vatican.

Famous Companies from Virginia

Jimmy's Cola:
The world's most famous cocainated cola, sold in Virginia, Maryland, Texas, and starting to trickle into Ireland and Denmark. Founded in 1889 by Jimmy O'Hanlan, an Irish immigrant, the soda is a favorite among Virginian soldiers and Texan mercenaries. Actually slightly stronger than Sweet Victory. The company has branched out into lozenges, chocolates, and most recently, cigars.

Freeman's Grub n Go: The world's first fast food joint, and one that is rapidly expanding as the Liberty Route gets closer to completion. Founded by Czech-Virginian Alexander Freeman, the chain serves burgers, bratwurst, potato wedges, schnitzel sandwiches, bbq platters, schnitzel platters, and fried chicken. The company is officially partners with Jimmy's Cola. There's even been discussion of frying chicken and schnitzel in a cocaine infused frying oil provided by Jimmy's on a trial basis.

McCarthy Automotive: The world's first car company, based in New Jamestown, Washington (OTL Chicago). Founded by Hezekiah McCarthy, a Virginian of Irish descent. Made their bones selling armored autos to the military, aiding in the Conquest of Dakota. Nowadays sell 4 models; the McCarthy Dakotan, the McCarthy Omaha, the McCarthy Runaround, and the McCarthy Trailblazer. Selling like hotcakes in Virginia and Maryland.

Sweet Triumph Distillery: The nation's premier manufacturer of beer, bourbon, and gin. Founded by twin brothers, Doug and Marty Cooper, in Jeffersonville, Columbiana (OTL Lexington, Kentucky). Doug took sole ownership of the company after killing his brother in a duel over a woman. Like Jimmy's Cola, Sweet Triumph beer is cocainated, although its bourbon and gin are not. The company's name derives from the words of General William Henry Harrison announcing the successful Pacification of Washington, and the deportation of the Yankee settlers there: "What sweet triumph the Lord hath given us on this day! God truly does bless the most Christian Republic of Virginia."

Thompson Rifle Company: The Thompson Rifle Company is Virginia's premier arms manufacturer, supplying the military and the civilian populace alike. The company famously invented the Coffee Grinder in its first iteration (Civil War style Gatling Gun) although the Yankees have perfected the modern style of Coffee Grinder. Thompson also supplies Maryland with all its small arms, artillery, and ammo needs, dominating the market. The famous Thompson 1845 Repeater Carbine is the National Firearm of Virginia, and considered a symbol of the nation.

Davis Motion Picture Studios: The Davis movie studio was founded in Jefferson City, Jefferson, by Ezekiel Hammersmith Davis, grandson of famous Columbiana born President Jefferson Davis, in 1905. The studio is Virginia's largest, and a powerhouse in the overall international movie scene. The studio is especially well known for its historical dramas and musicals.

Famous Companies from Carolina:

Corean Fried Chicken:
Has a similar history as outlined in this thread. It's a simple must for Carolina, lol. Expanding along with the Interstate.

MacDonald Carbine and Repeater Company: Carolina's very own arms manufacturer, founded by Scottish immigrant Samuel MacDonald in 1838 in Nashville. Famous for its Trenchsweeper Combat Shotgun, which wreaked havoc in Russia during Carolina's intervention there. The company also supplies the domestic market, and MacDonald is renowned across the globe for its high quality hunting rifles.

Old Hickory Distillery: Carolina's famous scotch, beer, and bourbon manufacturer. Founded in Raleigh in 1873 by Vernon Emmanuel Godwin. The company's logo is a depiction of Chancellor Jackson astride a white steed, trampling a Native American. Old Hickory scotch is considered to be among the best ever made, and even the BU imports a fair deal of it, alongside Virginia, Germania, Corea, Texas, California, Gran Colombia, and interestingly, the RU.

Cokie Cola: The most famous Cokie company, which is viciously competing with Jimmy's Cola to be the world's favorite soft drink. Cokie Cola has a similar history to the revised history further up in the thread. Aside from Carolina, the Germanians, Norwegian-Swedes, Coreans, Danes, Brits, and once more, even the RU love the drink.

Supremo Auto Corporation: A recent addition to the Cokie corporate scene, Supremo Auto is the nation's only major auto manufacturer. Founded in 1908 in St. Andrew, Knox (roughly OTL St. Louis, but contained entirely on the Missouri side) by Billy Martin. Supremo makes three models: the Supremo Chief, the Supremo Thoroughbred, and the Supremo Explorer.

Famous Companies from Georgia:

Carter Family Pulverized Peanut Paste:
Founded by the Carter Family, of OTL Jimmy Carter fame, in 1890. TTL's peanut butter. The company has most of its peanut plantations in Baldwin these days, to take advantage of the native laborers. The Carter Family were major financial backers of the NLP. As a show of gratitude, the government has begun putting 4 oz packets of Pulverized Peanut Paste in every soldier's meal kit, making the company a fortune. They practically govern a wide swathe of Baldwin, complete with corporate goons.

Kravchenko Gunsmithing: Georgia's premier arms manufacturer, founded in 1879 by Ukrainian-Georgian Billy Kravchenko (he Southronized his first name, but refused to change his surname). Like the other companies on this list, supplies most of the domestic demand for firearms. Is well known for its incendiary artillery shells, which are some of the deadliest ever made.

Dancin Mutt Distillery and Tobacco Company: Founded in 1898 in New Orleans by Job Martinsen, Dancin Mutt is the nation's premier supplier of vodka, beer, and brandy, as well as cigarettes, chaw, and cigars. The company's logo is a deeply unfortunate depiction of a mixed race man dancing. The company's products can be found in California, Texas, and Central America, as well as the Georgian homeland.

Famous Companies from Texas:

Willy Wayne's Frontier Style Meat Slop:
Founded in Samson, Texas (OTL Austin) in 1884 by Willy Wayne Rogers, this famous canned meat product is essentially Sloppy Joe, but with more of a spicy chili flavor. Aside from being a staple of Texan cuisine, this stuff is insanely popular in Europe, where its cowboy image makes it a quick seller. The company is one of the largest in Texas, and has its own security force dubbed Willy Wayne's Posse to protect its industrial scale cattle ranches.

Colt Repeater and Revolver: Founded in San Antonio in 1840 by the one and only Samuel Colt, this gun maker is one of the main two in Texas. Like in OTL, Colt is especially famous for its revolvers, which are the favored sidearms of many corporate militias, and the Texas Rangers.

Westin and Wesson Carbines: The other major Texan arms manufacturer, founded in Samson in 1843 by Daniel Wesson and Jonathan Westin, W&W is the main supplier of rifles to the Texan Army, and their carbines are favorites among the heavily armed citizenry. Nowadays, they also make excellent hunting rifles.

Lone Star Slop Trough: The first fast food chain in Texas, which truly booms in the 1920's as the Texans join the highway building craze with the Texas Cattle Trail. Founded by Dick Alvarez with the first location in San Antonio in 1921. The Slop Trough serves brisket, ribs, Willy Wayne's Meat Slop sandwiches, Freedom Fries (Chili Cheese Fries), burgers, hotdogs, tacos, and burritos. Typically washed down with Jimmy's Cola or beer. Also of note, Lone Star had its own security force, the Lone Stars, to prevent disputes from their rowdy customers getting out of hand.

Frontiersman Distillery and Consumer Pharmaceuticals: Founded in 1910 by Harold Alex Ingolfson, Frontiersman quickly ascended the corporate ladder to become the nation's biggest distillery and recreational drug company. Whiskey, tequila, rum, beer, cocaine and menthol lozenges, knockoff meth capsules, and peyote pills are all part of the company's repertoire. Frontiersman beer is also somewhat cocainated. The company got to the top by ruthless sabotage and brute force. The company's private security force, the Frontiersmen, is truly feared across Mexico and Texas as a result of this.

Sanchez Security: Sanchez Security, founded in 1878 by Martin Sanchez, is one of the largest private armies on Earth, slightly behind their main Yankee competitor. SS has been deployed by Texan corporations and the government hundreds of times to crush native tribes, suppress uppity workers, and intervene in Mexico and Latin America on behalf of corporate interests.

Alt! Union Companies

Horton's Creamy Canned Chowder:
Lacking the soil needed to grow tomatoes, TTL's Union instead goes for canned chowder with its SPUD. SPUD is used as a salty potato filler for the soup. Horton's was founded in 1897 by Mr. Thomas Horton of Providence, Rhode Island.

Van der Graaf Private Security: Van der Graaf Private Security is the biggest private army on the continent. Most of their work these days is undermining Russian defenses in Alaska, and defending Union assets abroad, mainly in Dutch Asia. Founded by Milo van der Graaf in Philadelphia in 1857.

MacDougall Pharmaceutical Corporation: Founded in 1919 by Robert MacDougall in Kalamazoo, Michigania, the company makes Boogie style meth capsules, is on the verge of releasing LSD, and is looking into other stimulants and pain killers. Supplying the military with meth tablets for the invasion of Alaska.
(1) Named for the Carroll family, who produced a Maryland Founding Father and North America's first bishop.
(2) Named for President John Wilkes Booth, "the Man Who Crushed the Rebels" (the rebels being slaves)
(3) Named for John Knox, founder of Presbyterianism
(4) Named after Russian immigrant Vladimir Bogdan, who died after holding off 360 Virginians with a Coffee Grinder, saving the front and the state.
(5) Named for the same Stephen Austin as Austin, Texas OTL, but he was a filibuster for Texas instead of a founder ITTL.

Last edited:
cowboys.jpg

Willy Wayne's Posse engaged in a shootout at a ranch in Libertalia (1916)

Jan13-Blackmon-CryforHelp.png

Native laborers on a Carter Family peanut plantation in Baldwin (1919)

Rifles.jpg

A depiction of Van der Graaf mercenaries on the Plains of Abraham (1918)

Alt! Madness Europe:
The Empire of Europa: The Empire has definitely seen better days. Although territorially more intact as opposed to mainline Madness, the Empire is overextended, facing serious financial difficulties, and is currently dealing with Papa Musso's shenanigans. Right now the Empire is holding together. Whether that will be the case for long is anyone's guess.

Brittanic Union: The BU is doing a little better than mainline, as the Bon Chance disaster never happened. Nonetheless, Britain is still an impoverished Yankee client state. However, there is hope of a glorious future on the horizon. Ireland will be British again...

Ireland: Ireland is arguably doing worse than the BU, which is saying something. Part of the country is still basically uninhabitable thanks to Yankee and British chemical weapons. The economy has only weakly recovered from the thrashing it took in the war. The Beckie Flu wreaked utter havoc through the nation, which was dependent on foreign shipments to survive the war, increasing their exposure. Despite their woes, the people of Ireland have faith in their God and Crown. And if the worst comes to pass, they will not go quietly into the night.

Norway-Sweden: Another Fascist ally, Norway-Sweden was originally just Norway. However, after the French and Danes launched an invasion against Sweden (which was technically neutral but in practice a Germanian economic partner) Fascist revolutionaries took over and united the country with Norway. Preaching pan-Scandinavianism, they have Denmark very, very nervous.

Denmark: Denmark lost big in the war. Like, their entire African empire big. Predictably, this has led to some.... interesting developments at home. The government isn't sure which is more likely; a military coup, a Loomie revolt, or a Fascist revolt. A Fascist revolt would be the most likely to succeed. Norway-Sweden could send in troops, alongside the Brits and maybe even the Yankees. Something is indeed rotten in the state of Denmark.

Germania: Germania emerged from the war in much better shape than in mainline Madness, but cracks are starting to show. The country is hemmed in by Europa, Loomie Russia, and the Fascist Scandinavians who would jump on Finland in a heartbeat. Nonetheless, Germania's massive African empire buttresses the Homeland, leaving hope for a bright tomorrow.

Russia: Russia is still having a bad time after the Revolution. Mongolia is restive, as are parts of Central Asia. It doesn't help that in response to an Illuminist attack on their embassy, the Cokies invaded with such vigor that internal documents admit they damn near overthrew the Illuminist government. The damage done to Moscow was so bad that the Loomies phased out fife and drum corps in the military, on account of them triggering mass PTSD phenomena among Muscovites. Although the Revolution is starting to stabilize and the Illuminist People's Army is large indeed, they're gonna have a helluva time over the next decade or two. In the meantime, they're vulnerable to attack on the periphery.

Europan German Clients: Germany's remaining Catholic, Europan-aligned states are highly vulnerable. Germanian agitators are stoking nationalist sentiment, and Europan atrocities against Protestants in the region soured many Germans on Rome and Paris alike. On the flip side, others have gone to Pope Mussolini for salvation. If the fighting starts up again in Europe, it will start here.

Kingdom of Italy: Italy is fairly restless these days. Imperially, they feel stiffed by Paris and the Sicilians, who gave them nothing. Religiously, they're trending towards Mussolini, along with the Austro-Hungarians. Although they could never stand alone against Europa, if Austria-Hungary and the rest of Catholic Germany revolt, they could very well stand a fighting chance.

Kingdom of Two Sicilies: In contrast to their northern neighbors, Sicily is quite happy with how things have turned out. They have a huge East African empire, and are prospering as a result. Religiously, they're much closer to Paris than Rome, and if a schism comes, they won't be saying Viva le Papa Peter!

League of Tsars: This collection of Orthodox monarchies alright, all things considered. Bulgaria, the leader of the League, has taken over Constantinople in the wake of Russia's collapse into Illuminism. Greece has started to recover from its devastating Civil War, and is slowly getting back to normal. Serbia is fairly large and well off, but non-Serbs are treated like second class citizens. These days, they're eyeing up Albania, and will probably try to do something unfortunate to it.

Kingdom of Albania: This lone Muslim state is surrounded by the Europans and the League. Of the two, Albania is infinitely more worried about the League. The King has called on the people to be prepared to wage a defensive jihad, and tensions are high. Mandatory military service, rationing, and high taxes are a fact of life.

Netherlands: The Dutch are a wild card. They betrayed Europa in the last war, but could work with them. They're similar enough to Germania to secure an alliance, which could shift the balance of power on the continent quite drastically. They could even go Fascist. No one's quite sure what's next. Whatever it is, it'll have drastic consequences on Europe.