The NEW Our TimeLine Maps Thread!

York looks too small there mate.

So it would appear. I hadn't caught that York was a unitary authority, and so kept the pre-1996 borders on the modern map. Here's a fixed version, on which I also changed a number of other borders that were slightly off.

3EB.png

3EB.png

So it would appear. I hadn't caught that York was a unitary authority, and so kept the pre-1996 borders on the modern map. Here's a fixed version, on which I also changed a number of other borders that were slightly off.
Exquisite. The only remaining error I can spot is that I believe it should be a black line rather than a red line separating Durham and the Cleveland unitary authorities.

Beyond that the obvious improvement would be an extention of the base map to Wales, Scotland amd ultimately Ireland. Of course I recognise the difficulties, if not damn near impossibilities of such a task.

Actually, Cleveland and Avon were both discontinued as ceremonial counties in 1997, at which point the Cleveland authorities were split for Lieutenancy purposes along the Tees. And yes, Wales and Scotland would be extremely difficult to add, although a while ago I almost completed a more intricate map of the entire UK's subdivisions based on the 1947 situation.

Is there a worlda map with detailed political divisions in pre-scramble Africa?

I'm working on a Jan 1885 (so pre-scramble) map atm, but it's a hard slog. The Cape, Maghreb and Tripolitania are done, and I've started West Africa, but I've been taking a break to do some English council maps.

Manhattan. 1865.

Note that the orange areas are landfill. Map is from Wikipedia/ Wikimedia Commons and is listed as being in the public domain.

1280px-Viele_Map_1865.jpg

Is Afghanistan still accurate showing it in that quadruple sub-division like that? I tried running around the internet to see if the sub-divisions were still comparable, but all I found was that 64% of troops are now US. Would it make more sense to color it all US now? Or are there altered divisions or whatnot?

I'm just attempting to update the map (I grabbed the tacos map, though I edited some colors for my own interests because that EU color is weird and the Koreas were impossible to distinguish) and throw in all the world rebellions.

Thanks for any replies!