The Great Unknown: A Collaborative TL

"With the default and departure of Greece from the Eurozone and the Euro as a whole, it does not bode well for Europe. The moment Tsipras walked out was the moment the ideal of European Solidarity died"

In Sports

(NBA Finals and Stanley Cup are what they were in OTL)

October-November 2015:In a 7 game classic the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Chicago Cubs in the 2015 World Series with Josh Donaldson being named World Series MVP.

(Same College Football Playoff championship game as in OTL though Clemson beats Ohio State in the semifinal rather than Oklahoma)

December 15th 2015:Ohio State QB JT Barrett wins the 2015 Heisman trophy in a close race behind Alabama running back Derrick Henry.

To be continued

16th July 2015: In China, the CCP approved new "Emergency Economic Policies" in response to the turmoil emerging from Europe.

Last edited:
February 1st, 2016: In the Democratic Iowa Caucuses, Joe Biden wins twenty-one delegates to Hillary Clinton's eighteen and Lincoln Chafee's five.

14th August 2015: Polls showed that Vote Leave was gaining ground in light of Grexit, while other anti-EU parties were bolstered in support across Europe.

February 9th,2016: Lincoln Chafee wins the NH primary in close race with Biden,Sanders following closely behind. Clinton a distant fourth.

February 7th 2016:The Cincinnati Bengals win Super Bowl 50 in a high scoring shootout against the Carolina Panthers 41-38 after a Andy Dalton to Super Bowl MVP AJ Green touchdown catch with 0 seconds left.

February 13th, 2016: Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC) endorses Joe Biden for President [1]. Also, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dies this day.

[1] Clyburn was very pessimistic about Clinton's chances in the event that she lost both Iowa and New Hampshire, calling it a "Shut the door, Katie" scenario. Here, he's just as pessimistic, even moreso given Hillary's dismal New Hampshire showing, and has a more attractive alternative in Biden.

10th August 2015: Greek article 50 negotiations break down when Wolfgang Schauble insists that Greece follow WTO rules.

Last edited:
March 17 2016: Trump confirms if he is denied the GOP nomination by 'The GOP weaklings and there wall street backers' he will run as a 3rd Party Candidate

16th August 2015: European markets panicked as Italian and Spanish bond yields skyrocketed to 15% in light of grexit.

Ooc: surprised that the aftermath of grexit has been overlooked.
I think because its such an unknown area, I think it makes Brexit less likely as if looks like a complete mess remain can just point at Greece and say we dont want that

I think because its such an unknown area, I think it makes Brexit less likely as if looks like a complete mess remain can just point at Greece and say we dont want that

On the other hand Europe being thrown into chaos could invoke a "reach for the lifeboats" mentality.

And also it kinda is the idea for my title.

Last edited:
On the other hand Europe being thrown into chaos could invoke a "reach for the lifeboats" mentality.

And also it kinda is the idea for my title.

Well, I only jumped in because I thought the Condi run being presented was unrealistic. It'll take me more effort to figure out the likely consequences of Grexit.