The Death of Russia - TL

Also, don't forget the fate of the Mir space station whether or not NASA will take control or order a guided deorbit of the space station and how China can able to use fleeing Russian engineers, scientists, experts, and others to fuel the space exploration earlier including the use of Baikonur as a new launchpad for China-based missions.
At this point, the Russian space program is controlled by Nemtsov's regime, so there's that.

At this point, the Russian space program is controlled by Nemtsov's regime, so there's that.
The problem when the Nemtsov-led Pushkingrad Government is they needed qualified engineers, researchers, flight directors, scientists, and others in space exploration, rocketry, and other ingredients that might face a challenging time. I guess there might be a collaboration regarding the fate of the Russian space program even at the end of the collapse.
  1. With the Russian government crumbling apart, the space agency might seek help from NASA or other space agencies to have a task force to keep the Mir in orbit.
  2. Regarding the fate of museum artifacts containing spacecraft, space parts, capsules, and other displays from the space program that it has a history of remarkable progress which was achieved in the past 40 years aside from the museum containing aircraft from aviation museum that could be salvaged by either joint NATO or the help of fleeing collectors. That could be the case of looting during the time when European Russia descended into a whacky but crazier and destructive war.
  3. Also, regarding the fate of animation studios like Soyuzmultfilm, it could be used extensively as a propaganda machine.
  4. What about the fate of the remaining Russian Germans post-1945? Would refugees of German descent give a citizenship or not?

Last edited:
The problem when the Nemtsov-led Pushkingrad Government is they needed qualified engineers, researchers, flight directors, scientists, and others in space exploration, rocketry, and other ingredients that might face a challenging time. I guess there might be a collaboration regarding the fate of the Russian space program even at the end of the collapse.
The evacuation of the station must be their top priority that should be done ASAP.

The evacuation of the station must be their top priority that should be done ASAP.
And the problem is... who is taking charge of the mission control?
This can be found here but the problem is I'm struggling to find where the mission control is it is likely that it is located within European Russia and that means, it will face several problems when communicating with the Moscow mission control because of the NSF controlling the mainland Russia and when things have gone awry, the communication could be lost should the Mir or either Soyuz attempts to make contact with Houston since the RKA Mission Control Center could be flattened by the intense and destructive battle between the Petrograd and Stalingrad factions.
Also, regarding the fate of the Russian Cosmonaut in the 1990s, what else these Cosmonauts from the 1960s to 1980s could become among one of the refugees who fled from the growing ineptness and insane NSF regime before it collapsed from within?

Last edited:
Are there any formal attempts to create formal diplomatic ties by the various Russian states?

I know that "officially" the Russian Federation (the Russian state located in Kaliningrad) is the successor state to the USSR, holds its seat in the UN, and mosr importantly is in the UN Security Council, but that doesn't stop the others from trying to cement their own claims and reach out.

With the amount of cooperation seen during the attack from North Korea, it seems like Japan and South Korea would be willing to formalize relations with the Far Eastern Kingdom.

Communist states (except for China due to its own policies regarding Taiwan) and allies of the former Soviet Union are likely to recognize the Russian Soviet Republic, but with the fall of the Castro regime in Cuba there aren't any that could meaningfully send aid.

For all we know, the Russian National State could be sending diplomats to various countries that lean right-wing or are currently run by military dictatorships.

Edit: I'm afraid if one of these groups get desperate and start trading nuclear and chemical weapons for aid, military support, or diplomatic recognition.

We've already seen them take remaining minority ethnic groups hostage and "sell them off" for aid.

Last edited:
Are there any formal attempts to create formal diplomatic ties by the various Russian states?

I know that "officially" the Russian Federation (the Russian state located in Kaliningrad) is the successor state to the USSR, holds its seat in the UN, and mosr importantly is in the UN Security Council, but that doesn't stop the others from trying to cement their own claims and reach out.

With the amount of cooperation seen during the attack from North Korea, it seems like Japan and South Korea would be willing to formalize relations with the Far Eastern Kingdom.

Communist states (except for China due to its own policies regarding Taiwan) and allies of the former Soviet Union are likely to recognize the Russian Soviet Republic, but with the fall of the Castro regime in Cuba there aren't any that could meaningfully send aid.

For all we know, the Russian National State could be sending diplomats to various countries that lean right-wing or are currently run by military dictatorships.

Edit: I'm afraid if one of these groups get desperate and start trading nuclear and chemical weapons for aid, military support, or diplomatic recognition.

We've already seen them take remaining minority ethnic groups hostage and "sell them off" for aid.
Or there could be an effort by the UN to confiscate Nuclear and chemical weapons in Russia in exchange for aid in an attempt to prevent a local nuclear war from occurring. .

IIRC, Vietnam, Laos, China, and NK all recognize Anpilov's regime, so there's that.

Or there could be an effort by the UN to confiscate Nuclear and chemical weapons in Russia in exchange for aid in an attempt to prevent a local nuclear war from occurring. .

That would help to avoid nukes being distributed on the blackmarket, but it would be a hard sell to get that resolution past the vote in the Security Council.

The Russian Federation would still have their vote in the UN SC and it doesn't seem likely that they would okay a UN sponsored invasion unless there was a guarantee that the nukes would be sent to Kaliningrad.

This could pass if there was evidence that nukes were being sold and a deal is made with China to split the confiscated nukes, but even then it isn't likely.

I just hope that it doesn't come to this.

IIRC, Vietnam, Laos, China, and NK all recognize Anpilov's regime, so there's that.

And Saddam Hussein's Iraq has recognised Nashi Russia I think. But might be that even Hussein himself feels them being too nuthead and takes distance from such regime.

Wonder if a certain cult in Japan (Aum Shinrikyo) is going to get WMDs as a result--I'm having flashbacks to A Giant Sucking Sound, where they get WMDs and destroy the city of Nagoya with a nuclear weapon (on the upside, if there is any, this leads to an earlier shutdown of the Fukushima nuclear power plant and butterflies away that disaster)...
I used a disaster... to prevent a disaster...

Does anyone have any insight into what Vladimir Zhrinovsky's relationship with the National Salvation Front was? I've been looking around everywhere but it seems like he vanishes off the face of the Earth between 1992 and the 1993 elections. There are more than enough 'characters' in the NSF, but I would like to know if Zhrinovsky was part of it, an opponent of it, or whatever.
He shares views with Le Pen. Even exchanged notes. Birds of the same feather, I guess.

Why exactly is that? Kaliningrad / Pushkingrad is not the same city which was the heart of the Soviet and now Russian space program. The "space" Kaliningrad is called Korolyov since 1996 and lies quite close to Moscow. I do not think Nemtsov has any access to Russian space industry, control and communication centres etc. He can probably contact Mir, but he can not provide the cosmonauts with any tech or scientific support, he can not even offer them with safe place to land after leaving the station - Kaliningrad Oblast seems too small and easy to miss.

Why exactly is that? Kaliningrad / Pushkingrad is not the same city which was the heart of the Soviet and now Russian space program. The "space" Kaliningrad is called Korolyov since 1996 and lies quite close to Moscow. I do not think Nemtsov has any access to Russian space industry, control and communication centres etc. He can probably contact Mir, but he can not provide the cosmonauts with any tech or scientific support, he can not even offer them with safe place to land after leaving the station - Kaliningrad Oblast seems too small and easy to miss.
IIRC, as a result of Baikonur Cosmodrome being in Kazakhstan, Gaidar and friends gained their allegiance in the aftermath of the NSF takeover owing to him being Russia's internationally recognized leader at that point.

I wonder if the world will really leave the personnel of the space station MIR to die due to their inability to use Soviet technology.