The 4400 - Year 2

Well, the 4400 is back. It was a fascinating concept - 'kidnapping' specific individuals, providing them with some unique ability, holding them in stasis, them returning them all at the same time at the same place.
The goal of this operation was to prevent the downfall of mankind.
The members of the 4400 had some special role to play that would change the dynamic and insure the civilization would not fall.

It is an interesting, but appears to be a flawed concept.
If you have the capacity to go back in time, remove people, modifiy them and return them at some later point, it would seem you would have the power to intervene more directly. (In the Sunday night episode, a girl, paranoid/schizophrenic, part of the 4400 was in a mental institute. She 'motiviated' everyone to build a communications device to contact the future. As a result, one of the patients was restored and returned to normal life and became a part of the development process that led to the 4400's abilities)
Why go through all that?
It makes for a good story. Why not just change the patient directly? Why all the extra efforts?

Diamond

Banned
Johnestauffer said:
It makes for a good story. Why not just change the patient directly? Why all the extra efforts?
Maybe what or whoever is doing the altering can't interfere directly because they're being watched by something else - maybe their version of the UN?

This way, the meddlers can say, 'It wasn't us; it was the Centaurians!'

It's a pretty good show though. But I missed the season premiere! I thought it was on next weekend. :( Oh well, I'm sure USA network will rerun it 75 times...

It's back?!? Cool---I, too, found the series (season 1) to be a weird and somewhat flawed but very fascinating series. Must check to see when it's playing here in Ottawa.

IIRC--didn't the season finale of series 1 imply that the downfall of humanity occurred because of the interference of 'others'? Also--wasn't at least one of the 4400 'evil'?

My take on the series (and it's been a while since I've seen the episodes) is that there was some kind of Cold War (slowly becoming hot) taking place in the future and that the 4400 are being used by both sides to further their agenda(s).

Hurrah new 4400, I quite liked it though it was strange in that most of it was a regular mini series though it dropped into monster of the week for 2 episodes or so before going back to normal.
It'll probally be next year before it comes out here though by which time I'll be at uni and no longer able to recieve it :(