Thande's Secret Project Revealed: The ATL Map Database!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name of Timeline: The Peshawar Lancers
Creator: S M Stirling, map by B_Munro
Current Year: 2025
Notes: This has been created using B_Munro's interpretation of the TL which can be found on his DeviantArt page or on the books wikipedia page. I assumed that Hawaii and the other pacific islands are under the control of the Angrezi Raj though I have not read the book so could be wrong. Chile receives the Peruvian colour and the largest of the states in former Mexico receives its colour. I also added Madagascar as a Raj puppet.
Why isn't Aden shown? I remember it being listed as Raj territory (or something of the kind).

Name of timeline: Romanitas
Creator: Sophia McDougall
Current year: 2004
Notes: Emperor Pertinax learns of the plot to kill him and acts quickly to avert it. IOTL he was assassinated, but here he survives and goes to enact a series of reforms that allow his successors to eventually conquer most of the known world. Deliciously cliché, the Roman Empire nonetheless has multiple setbacks (Independent Africa, here represented by South Africa to show their control of Madagascar, was originally Roman), none moreso than the Nionian (Japanese) Empire - who discover gunpowder and naturally build a colonial empire in the Pacific. Sina (China), originally a Roman rival, is now little more than a buffer state between the two. For two centuries (starting in the 17th) they fight over Terra Nova (the Americas) before settling on the border shown. Technological process is schizophrenic; longdictors (telephones) are in their infancy, longvision (television) is more akin to our cinema (and only present in forums (market squares)), magnetways (maglev railways) have been around since the 17th Century (first electrostatic machines (electric generators) appear in the 15th) - but there are no cars, there are no airplanes but there are spiral-wings (helicopters) and the slavery system is still present but growingly uneconomical and ethically repugnant (it's a major part of the plot, actually). Christianity is virtually unknown but not persecuted. And it's implied that both Rome and Nionia possess nuclear weapons (nothing on their delivery system), with both sides in a Cold War that's set to go hot.

Romanitas.png

Acceptance is the first step to recovery :eek::p. I didn't mean to sound harsh, I apologise.

Until order is restored in the UCS Conference or until an actual one can get underway, this thread shall remain as it was before the whole thing went to the shitter.
We could - provisionally, of course - adopt the new Prussian colour, since that was a) pretty much universally accepted b) created for this thread;).

We could - provisionally, of course - adopt the new Prussian colour, since that was a) pretty much universally accepted b) created for this thread;).

a) There was a lot of opposition to it, and it became a part of that 'ACS' rubbish, which generated even more opposition to it.

b) It was created specifically for a new ATL Database thread, not this one.

Unless Thande, this thread's creator, says otherwise we should keep to the scheme already established in nearly every single map before the stupid conference fell apart.

Until order is restored in the UCS Conference or until an actual one can get underway, this thread shall remain as it was before the whole thing went to the shitter.
Order seems to be restored. So far we have decided that we are going to have a set of generic colors for when a state isn't important or common enough in general to rate a color but is important/common enough in a TL. Hopefully this will lessen color creep, conflict, and the proliferation of custom UCSes.

a) There was a lot of opposition to it, and it became a part of that 'ACS' rubbish, which generated even more opposition to it.

b) It was created specifically for a new ATL Database thread, not this one.

Unless Thande, this thread's creator, says otherwise we should keep to the scheme already established in nearly every single map before the stupid conference fell apart.
No, there wasn't. I think you are confusing Prussia with Russia.
Also, the 'Base Maps from 550 BC to Modern Day, all in UCS' folk have stated they will use Prussia's new colour. So, consistency can be used as an argument for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.