Tales of the Shining Pearl: A Magsaysay Lives TL (Revamped)

Enjoying the TL! I do like it when things go well for the world in an AH. We really are a pessimistic bunch on this board sometimes, giving extra weight to dystopia while rolling our eyes whenever a writer tries to relatively improve things.

Though I do have to say, I hope the Baltic states get a chance for freedom ITTL. But I know it's always tempting to ignore them for the greater good. A reformed USSR is almost always going to be better for the world; just not the Baltic States.:p

I am a Filipino and Regular Finn Hambone is a friend of mine, and I just find out about this timeline today and out of my patriotic duty, I am going to subscribed here. :D

Hahaha. I don't have much too say about this TL since I am more "pessimistic" of our chances to develop my friend but to make myself feel a bit better, I can have your timeline here to read. Thanks.

RE @EcoBOOM; @Libertad

Likewise, since I'm off on freelancing or job-hunting again for the coming days or so. :D

*Yoda* Enjoy this Pilipinas that should have been, we all will. ;)

Still looking forward to another awesome update soon!

attachment.php

I'm currently concocting an update for the Middle East and for Space, but I don't know when it will be posted. It depends on the amount of activities I have in school.

I have a very busy schedule, and now, I would like to ask the help of anyone that can help with this TL :) All your ideas will be welcome (but will be subject to some modifications to best suit the given stuff in this TL). Just PM me for further details :)

I'm always here!

I'm currently concocting an update for the Middle East and for Space, but I don't know when it will be posted. It depends on the amount of activities I have in school.

I have a very busy schedule, and now, I would like to ask the help of anyone that can help with this TL :) All your ideas will be welcome (but will be subject to some modifications to best suit the given stuff in this TL). Just PM me for further details :)

I'm always here!

Welcome to AH.com! :)

Thanks for the support, and I promise more updates to come. :)

Post-WWII Philippines had a lot of potential, and it still has today. I really hope that elements of this TL may serve as the model of a rich Philippines in our original timeline's future.

The Philippines will be successful in the future. Our GDP is rising rapidly compared to our Asian Neighbors.

If Alternatehistory.com exist ITTL, then they have a timeline that discusses what will happen if Magsaysay died in his plane crash which happened in OTL.

Attaining the high income threshold of around $60,000 GDP PPP per capita by 2050 for the Philippines won't be enough to alleviate cancerous cultural, political, and social problems that have been facing for centuries and I think aside from constitutional reform, infrastructure spending, or curbing criminality, we need to fix our national language dilemma by taking Tagalog out of its national language status and resume the aborted path of the Malolos Republic by reviving Spanish language as an official language alongside English and be spoken as first language by every Filipinos. I don't think our country could foster nationalistic fervor if we still stick with our respective languages like Tagalog, Cebuano, or others.

Attaining the high income threshold of around $60,000 GDP PPP per capita by 2050 for the Philippines won't be enough to alleviate cancerous cultural, political, and social problems that have been facing for centuries and I think aside from constitutional reform, infrastructure spending, or curbing criminality, we need to fix our national language dilemma by taking Tagalog out of its national language status and resume the aborted path of the Malolos Republic by reviving Spanish language as an official language alongside English and be spoken as first language by every Filipinos. I don't think our country could foster nationalistic fervor if we still stick with our respective languages like Tagalog, Cebuano, or others.

Spanish is still an official language at this point. Just prevent it from being removed, and encourage its use through school curriculum.

More like English. It will be much more prominent in ITTL Philippines, so muxh due to globalization and the notion that it's glamorous to speak the language that for the majority of families, it's normal to be English-speaking.

AH.com does exist ITTL. See the intro for the 1968 Crisis and you'll see this TL's version of me posting about a TL where the confrontation escalates into a nuclear war. So, it's highly plausible that there would be a TL-within-a-TL there that talks about the possibility that Magsaysay is killed, but the people there will still hold optimistic views, so that their view of a Philippines with Magsaysay dying will still be a wealthy one, albeit its economic development delayed.
Almost an inception there... :D

Don't forget me, I'm here too! ;)