Some Questions I have about Charles XII of Sweden

Would Charles be interested in her though?
a disinterested husband is still better than what she got OTL (although, probably, Alexei was simply modelling how he saw Petya treat Eudokia, Anna Mons and Marta Skavronska in all likelihood - the same way you see children of drunks and abusers (unless they make a conscious decision not to - like my dad) often grow up to be drunks and wifebeaters themselves - not saying Alexei would be a model husband here, but probably if she's not forced on him by a man he feared/loathed, things might go a smidge better for whomever he marries.

interested as in - would he want to marry her at all?
Sure if the GNW is over there's gonna be pressure on C12 to "settle down". A "push" factor can perhaps be his Holsteiner nephew dying either just before or just after the war ends. C12 is thus down to Ulrika as his heir (maybe let her get deathly sick or take forever to recover from an illness so that Carl - much as he dislikes the idea - marries for duty). Alternately, one can have C12 have to have dealings with August the Strong and Charlotte's present (she was "foster daughter" of Christiane Eberhardine of Saxony from age six) and he not falls in love, but takes a liking to her (as friends). Then, when the succession crisis outlined above occurs, he proposes to her mostly because its someone he knows, cares about (even if only as a friend)

Sure if the GNW is over there's gonna be pressure on C12 to "settle down". A "push" factor can perhaps be his Holsteiner nephew dying either just before or just after the war ends. C12 is thus down to Ulrika as his heir (maybe let her get deathly sick or take forever to recover from an illness so that Carl - much as he dislikes the idea - marries for duty). Alternately, one can have C12 have to have dealings with August the Strong and Charlotte's present (she was "foster daughter" of Christiane Eberhardine of Saxony from age six) and he not falls in love, but takes a liking to her (as friends). Then, when the succession crisis outlined above occurs, he proposes to her mostly because its someone he knows, cares about (even if only as a friend)
Seems contingent on a lot of random factors, but I guess it’s a possibility.

I argue that Alexei would be with Charlotte before C12 (if that's what we are calling him now) would have even considering getting a wife. C12 was an absolute monarch and it was his choice to find a wife. If he didn't really want to, no one could really do anything about that, kind of like how Queen Elizabeth I of England didn't want to marry despite some pressure and ultimately never did.

oh...

so uh, who would succeed Alexei then?

Good question. His son Peter (OTL Peter II) would be natural successor if he lives much longer than in OTL.

If Peter Alexeyevich dies before his father and before him has children, things might go pretty messy, I guess.

Because, as I mentioned before, his mom wouldn't exist because Ekaterina Ivanovna was the one asked for in the Courlander marriage and it was only the entreaties of Tsarina Praskovia (Ivan V's widow) that caused Peter the Great to switch Anna and Ekaterina around. Ergo, if Petya's dead and the Courlander marriage still goes through, Alexei wouldn't necessarily feel the same, and Ekaterina could wind up in Courland and Anna in Mecklenburg

oh...

so uh, who would succeed Alexei then?
The only reason Alexei had only two kids OTL was because Charlotte died, and Petya never bothered about arranging a second marriage for him. Here, Alexei would DEFINITELY remarry, so even if Petrushka dies, chances are good Alexei has a spare son or few lying around.

Guys I found this on the Russian version on wiki:
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 8.54.29 PM.png

Is this fr?
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Русский_поход_Карла_XII

I agree. But I wonder if there is any truth to this...
I mean, if you gave C12 this list and asked “would you like this to happen to Russia?” His answer would probably have been yes. I severely doubt he had this as a clearly formulated set of goals on the eve of invasion though, war plans are usually to a large degree improvised after the physical reality on the ground.

I mean, if you gave C12 this list and asked “would you like this to happen to Russia?” His answer would probably have been yes. I severely doubt he had this as a clearly formulated set of goals on the eve of invasion though, war plans are usually to a large degree improvised after the physical reality on the ground.
Yeah, to me the only one of these that Charles would and could do in this scenario would be putting James Louis Sobieski on the Russian throne