Saw this Civ4 map and thought of Thermo...

Thande

Donor
It's a scenario where there's a Europe basemap and you start near the OTL capitals, but the actual civilisations are assigned randomly, so...

Civ4.GIF

Now that's a map challenge noone could win without ASBs...

I like Civ, but it bugs me that they still have those cities popping up in places that could feed realistically a population of, I don't know, 736 people.

Well... I can't see the Japanese France, Aztec Spain or the Indian Scandinavia (except as colonies), but a series of random population switches 2,000+ years ago could cause some strange things... (this doesn't count the randomly scattered bits / pieces like Spanish Azerbaijian or that Umayyad bit of Finland)

1. The OTL settlers of Spain end up in Germany
2. The Rus go south to OTL Hungary and Italy
3. Somehow the Angles (and Saxons?) go east instead of west and end up in Russia
4. North Africa is Africanized by an uberGhana. Mali is a successor state.
5. The early Caliphate manages to take over Constantinople (But not most of North Africa or Spain, possibly due to Ghana?), but the Abbasids or someone else take over in Arabia. The Umayyads keep hold in Constantinople.
6. A Roman remnant-state survived in Britain, and expanded to include the entire British isles.
7. The "Usa" dynasty is some royal family from one of the cultures there (Is "Usa" or "Ossa" or some variant a valid Kurdish or Armenian or Arab or Persian or Turk name?).