Runic Scripts and Other Writing Systems

So I decided to get back into this little mini-project of mine, rune making. I've been developing this rune system for a while now, although admittedly it's only been in bursts. After some tweaking, I've just reached Mark III.

MyRunes.png

If anyone else has their own script or writing system that they want to show off, by all means display it here. I'd like to also get some ideas for a Mark IV as well, one that includes a couple letters from digraphs and diphthongs if possible.

MyRunes.png

Just for style purposes:

IMHO you should avoid horizontal lines at all costs as they destroy the (typical) idea of runes.

If it's an imaginary system not based in older european lenguages you should exploit this and add foreign sounds, letters and structures. The more sounds the better. Also borrow some unrelated runes for some of your system that have the cosmetic appearance of the letter you are substituting. Maybe add new letters that represent the same sound but with different tone or duration.

I made a Mark IV of the system, adding in several digraphs in the process. I also cleaned up what each one looks like.

MyRunes2.png

MyRunes2.png

I do indeed have my own writing system, which I actually use in all cases save those where others who aren't close to me actually need to read it. I have yet to digitize it, though, so suffice it to say that there are 55 letters and they each have a unique sound and or meaning, that there is no H equivalent, and that there are separate graphemes for f and ph.

For others doing these things... have a look at Suetterlin. It's the standard German Latin Alphabet, but it looks very spiff and isn't anything like what they taught you in school. I'm trying to teach it to myself so the mock political posters I leave everywhere can stop always being in Cyrillic.

Suetterlin reminds me of a mix between cursive and the Dalecarlian Runes of Sweden, although it's more akin to the the former than the latter.