Ruled Brittania: The Aftermath

After England through of the shackles of oppression by the Spaniards in Harry Turtledoves book 'Ruled Brittania' what would've happened. I can guess most catholics would've been killed of then.

I can also see a 'bond' with Scotland as the Scottish were fighting the Spaniards, so they might have more common ground there.

What would be the case in Ireland? Would it have just been a massacre? We see that Shakespeare hates the Irish for taking part in the occupation of England and so maybe this hatred ran through all the public as well.

What would happen to Queen Elizabeth, of course she'd still have died without an heir due to her age. So would the Stuarts still take over? If the Stuarts did become the House of England would it be, as in OTL through an invite of the government or would it be through Margaret Tudor?

Would the Stuarts be bypassed for Mary Tudor? In which case her grandaughters would take over?

Please discuss (And don't put HT down or anything I like him as a writer and I like this book.)

First off, this should be in Books and Media. Anything that discusses an aftermath of a book is Books and Media.

Second, England will become a protestant theocracy, something like Spain only Protestant.