Poul Anderson novel/stories -for films!

What novel or novel collaboration with other writers that the late SF writer Poul Anderson wrote would you like to see filmed?Suggest:High Crusade, Hoka Series-latter done with gordon dickson?How about it?Would especially like to see High Crusade done.Medieval Knights in Space!YAY!

If it could be done right I'd love to see the Flandry stories turned into a series of movies. But I think Hollywood would mess us it feeling that Anderson's view that in periods of decline the choice is usally Lesser vs Greater Evil is not want American moviegoers want to hear.

edvader said:
What novel or novel collaboration with other writers that the late SF writer Poul Anderson wrote would you like to see filmed?Suggest:High Crusade, Hoka Series-latter done with gordon dickson?How about it?Would especially like to see High Crusade done.Medieval Knights in Space!YAY!

I had actually seen a High Crusade movie adaptation, although it ended up being more of a cheesy comedy that did not quite follow up on the book. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately, as it was about 12 or so years ago, and it was in Russian translation.

High Crusade that is more or less faithful to the book would be a movie I'd love to see though...

midgardmetal said:
I had actually seen a High Crusade movie adaptation, although it ended up being more of a cheesy comedy that did not quite follow up on the book. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately, as it was about 12 or so years ago, and it was in Russian translation.

High Crusade that is more or less faithful to the book would be a movie I'd love to see though...

The Internet Movie Data Base is your friend:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110024/

The title was indeed "The High Crusade", it came out in 1994, and by all reports it was awful!

A good High Crusade adaptation would be worth watching. However, as the book doesn't have huge explosions every few pages, kickboxing maidens, or sensitive Saracens, it wouldn't do in today's climate.

What I'd like to see, though there's little chance of it, is an adaptation of The Man Who Counts.

Imagine, here's the handsome blonde hero, the beautiful blonde princess (duchess, but), and the comical fat ethnic sidekick --- only, the "sidekick" is in fact the hero! CGI can handle the flying people, I think, and imagine the scene with giant icebergs covered with catapults bearing down on the fleet of rafts . . . wo!

Adapt

Well, you never know. They could flesh it out by having a strong woman character similar to Boedicia or even Joan of Arc, to use two strong characters from the olden days.

Of course, the High Crusade done right (I saw the one done by Roland Emmerich in the nineties. He should be shot fot it.)

Also, Tau Zero, something from the Van Rijn series, something from the Flandery series, The Boat of a Million years (perhaps as a miniseries), Three Hearts and Three Lions, Operation Chaos, The Longest Voyage, Star Farers, The Dancer from Atlantis, Brainwave, The Corridors of Time, and (a personal favorite) The Avatar.

Thanks Mark.Read your novel about the Space Program.Good Book.How about the Time Patrol stories or There Will be Time?

Edvader, first of all, thanks for the kind words about Children of Apollo.

Yeah, There Will Be Time would make an excellent flick. The Time Patrol series could be the basis of a TV series, though only if the writing staff had a good history advisor who was listened to (i.e. unlike The Time Tunnel.)

(And on that subject, I hear that the Scifi Channel is doing a "reimagining" of The Time Tunnel. If they do as good a job as they are doing with Battlestar Galactica, it may have promise.)

OK.Didn't get enough sleep last night.Vault of the Ages might be better.Post holocaust novel written for Winston and Co. publishers.Title place holds treasures from a civilization-ours- that was involved in a large world war.The people involved are trying to get permission for the vault to be opened to all so that everyone can benefit from the acquired knowledge!.