Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

• Teletoon, in its launch in 1997, aired Gerry Anderson's Fireball XL-5. And Sci-Fi Channel's Cartoon Quest, which began the same year as CN (1992, with the rest of the Sci-Fi Channel), had fellow Gerry Anderson series Stingray and Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons at launch.
And now MeTV Toons is reportedly going to air a late night block of Supermarionation series.

TMNT was before mirage, it was darkhorse and others, did you mean the tv cartoon?

Really? How did it get under Mirage then?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started as a comic produced by Mirage Studios in the 80's. It was picked up and essentially remade into the 80's-90's cartoon , which of course led to movies, more cartoon remakes, movies, comics etc etc. The original creators eventually sold the rights to Nickelodeon.

What I am asking is if TMNT had remained an inde comic, what would have taken its place in the schedules and hearts & minds of so many 80's kids?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles started as a comic produced by Mirage Studios in the 80's. It was picked up and essentially remade into the 80's-90's cartoon , which of course led to movies, more cartoon remakes, movies, comics etc etc. The original creators eventually sold the rights to Nickelodeon.

What I am asking is if TMNT had remained an inde comic, what would have taken its place in the schedules and hearts & minds of so many 80's kids?
Dunno, GI Joe, transformers etc but those were already old,maybe a new IP from nowhere, dunno could we be creative.

Ummmm

I stand by that DuckTales would have been next in line for the "Mania" show of 1987.

Ducktales got disney massive push OTL and would have remained the same, TMNT was brand new that make it more impactful, only PR was as impactful when debuted(and i would say TMNT was still bigger)
Well, maybe an earlier version of Power Rangers would have done the trick? Because I'm not sure what else could in the late 80s.

Serious question about Sonic Heroes from Sonic The Hedgehog franchise: would it possible for Classic Sonic The Hedgehog Characters like Mighty The Armadillo, Ray The Flying Squirrel, Fang the Sniper, Bark The Polar Bear, Bean The Dynamite, etc to be reintroduced in Sonic Heroes ITTL?

Serious question about Sonic Heroes from Sonic The Hedgehog franchise: would it possible for Classic Sonic The Hedgehog Characters like Mighty The Armadillo, Ray The Flying Squirrel, Fang the Sniper, Bark The Polar Bear, Bean The Dynamite, etc to be reintroduced in Sonic Heroes ITTL?
Sega can always used them whatever they want but just don't care

It could be possible, but that would add at least two extra teams in a game that couldn't handle four.