• Design 3

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Design 4

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thomas27

Banned
I've design 4 variants of a Japanese Alaska flag for TL project (still in research phase) and I was wondering which one is your favourite.

If you have other designs feel free to show share ^^

japanesealaskaflag1_copy_by_qsec-d8bzi4x.jpg

japanesealaskaflag2_copy_by_qsec-d8bzi4u.jpg

japanesealaskaflag3_copy_by_qsec-d8bzi4s.jpg

japanesealaskaflag4_copy_by_qsec-d8bzi4p.jpg

I would take number Two but I would remove fish and rotate red circle lower and make that bit smaller.

Just my view, and it could be totally wrong, but it doesn't look like the kind of flag the Japanese would design.

What period is the Japanese that designed this flag?

The mountains aren't stylized enough for Japanese tendencies. Ravenflight is correct, though I think there is a compromise here somewhere.

All seem to agree the fish are a bit much, but I also find the Bear a too European/Western idea on a map. I don't pretend to know much, though, in that regard.

However, keeping the blue sea, white land, and red sun, throw in a current use stylized mountain range and I think you've got it. Though it does look a tad like preschooler tepees.

mid.png

The mountains aren't stylized enough for Japanese tendencies. Ravenflight is correct, though I think there is a compromise here somewhere.

All seem to agree the fish are a bit much, but I also find the Bear a too European/Western idea on a map. I don't pretend to know much, though, in that regard.

However, keeping the blue sea, white land, and red sun, throw in a current use stylized mountain range and I think you've got it. Though it does look a tad like preschooler tepees.

I like this with a white ring around the red sun. A bit thicker than the one from the first Alt-Suggestion.

And best of luck with your TL!

Thomas27

Banned
Just my view, and it could be totally wrong, but it doesn't look like the kind of flag the Japanese would design.

What period is the Japanese that designed this flag?

End of 19th centuarie.

So, something... roughly like this, then?

Love this one.

Noted.

I like this with a white ring around the red sun. A bit thicker than the one from the first Alt-Suggestion.

And best of luck with your TL!

Thanks. I don't when i'll start to really work on it. I've some other project to finish before. Maybe it's gone a be a collaborative TL.

For reference, here's a list of national, prefecture and municipal flags. Almost all of them have simple geometric designs, usually centered and bicolor. None of them have animals.

Noted. I'll take look to it.

How about just the sun disk in the centre, like the Japanese flag, with the dark-blue background?

Thomas27

Banned
How about just the sun disk in the centre, like the Japanese flag, with the dark-blue background?

Noted to.

I'll organisze a "round 2" poll next week with some new designs from me and from proposal done in this thread so continue to vote and make proposal.