Plausability of a British Revolution in a TL with a turbulent America?

Essentially, the timeline follows a scenario where the Reynolds scandal never occurs, but hamilton, already on his way out, leaves office sometime before 1799, only to run for president in 1800, then again in 1804, before succeeding in 1808. With no war of 1812, American culture is different, with no Star Spangled banner and Andrew Jackson's presidency delayed. In addition, Prince Edward Augustus has a son, who turns out to not be as great a leader as Queen Victoria, triggering the British Revolution when he attempts to shut down parliament. Britain becomes a Republic, but still highly colonialist.
Edit: How could A British Revolution form a republic?

Last edited:
Britain becomes a Republic
Why? If we had to unload ourselves of an unacceptable King, there were plenty of Princes and Princesses waiting in the wings.

Keep in mind that British army officers were commonly sons or brothers of MPs or even MPs themselves, so a King who suppresses Parliament is inviting a military coup. But its authors would be members of the ruling class and would want a 1688, not a 1649.

You probably want the kind of revolution that's about sweeping out the old order of things entirely sort of revolution to succeed here for a republic, which is to say one talking in terms of "abolish the aristocracy entirely, not just the monarchy", although how you get that to succeed is a good question.

You probably want the kind of revolution that's about sweeping out the old order of things entirely sort of revolution to succeed here for a republic, which is to say one talking in terms of "abolish the aristocracy entirely, not just the monarchy", although how you get that to succeed is a good question.
Yea that's what i mean. But how could i trigger it, and make it succeed?

Yea that's what i mean. But how could i trigger it, and make it succeed?
I am quite honestly not sure. There doesn't seem to have been the level of "the Old Order is fundamentally broken" in Britain as say, France, however tepid a representation of "the people" the House of Commons was.

Though suffrage not broadening at all might be a step in this direction. That goes past "we can find a different king than Edward" responses being useful.