Planetocopia Map Thread

1710948794700.png

How the climate of a world with Everest as South Pole will looks like?​

Last edited:
Qf4WgssBo3ubIJ5ARh7T3-cQlvcVMVqscp_WB7RQemDkbl2qu4rAHgdwBYRDQOy9DhYrsi7HkTEwikEab8I6XdkAYw5l6V5NDIIpCSNsn8LlDa6N9NDlLIFvqP9F1CrX-ZyavEKrQruzxbIqMB2VM5E

DQMvP2ID8KKD38-CpPA_KmYWpOJE4zOdEnYJqHw3sFM9v7hl_13U0GKTnLJDHBxZ1JcCt8yOwILPM30vX1azgtBL1GeCZhz4Blwfo1Rtkoue8x0-0Mq-DO66MgWLF4xi0Icd8y5Xyjyw3NcSkOVHTaA
In the last few days I've been thinking about how we could make a world where temperate climates were more abundant, I ended up thinking about a slightly different version of Jaredia, as you can see on this map the North Pole would be more or less in the State of Red Sea in Sudan, while the South Pole would be somewhere in French Polynesia, at the same time I moved the Americas to the South (West in OTL), making California much closer to Hawaii and the Antarctic Circle passing OTL west of Mexico. Also, as you can see, I added some lands from submerged mountain ranges like Zeelandia, Kerguelen, Rio Grande and Walvis Ridge
This means that most of the world would be located in the temperate zones of the globe,
Likewise, as you can see, I didn't consider rising sea levels, as I really don't know how things would be affected, what do you think? Would things be more or less like Jaredia? including Greenland as a peninsula, the much larger Caspian Sea and an existing Bering Bridge? what do you think?

Last edited:
Qf4WgssBo3ubIJ5ARh7T3-cQlvcVMVqscp_WB7RQemDkbl2qu4rAHgdwBYRDQOy9DhYrsi7HkTEwikEab8I6XdkAYw5l6V5NDIIpCSNsn8LlDa6N9NDlLIFvqP9F1CrX-ZyavEKrQruzxbIqMB2VM5E

DQMvP2ID8KKD38-CpPA_KmYWpOJE4zOdEnYJqHw3sFM9v7hl_13U0GKTnLJDHBxZ1JcCt8yOwILPM30vX1azgtBL1GeCZhz4Blwfo1Rtkoue8x0-0Mq-DO66MgWLF4xi0Icd8y5Xyjyw3NcSkOVHTaA
In the last few days I've been thinking about how we could make a world where temperate climates were more abundant, I ended up thinking about a slightly different version of Jaredia, as you can see on this map the North Pole would be more or less in the State of Red Sea in Sudan, while the South Pole would be somewhere in French Polynesia, at the same time I moved the Americas to the South (West in OTL), making California much closer to Hawaii and the Antarctic Circle passing OTL west of Mexico. Also, as you can see, I added some lands from submerged mountain ranges like Zeelandia, Kerguelen, Rio Grande and Walvis Ridge
This means that most of the world would be located in the temperate zones of the globe,
Likewise, as you can see, I didn't consider rising sea levels, as I really don't know how things would be affected, what do you think? Would things be more or less like Jaredia? including Greenland as a peninsula, the much larger Caspian Sea and an existing Bering Bridge? what do you think?
PGGbEs5O2Gw6am6ZBMINXAaA8gAdysovGxK0gjYfhigRU7paaI92jZ-48d0mUAD-22AV9LmOXb9cbG5MEWhjKeZaznBrODFEt-_ZX2sL3bdfZcbK9bGI4dQtt72m5zald_TIUBB3eU0HR12v3A39qf4

The Climate Zones of the World​

Last edited:

PGGbEs5O2Gw6am6ZBMINXAaA8gAdysovGxK0gjYfhigRU7paaI92jZ-48d0mUAD-22AV9LmOXb9cbG5MEWhjKeZaznBrODFEt-_ZX2sL3bdfZcbK9bGI4dQtt72m5zald_TIUBB3eU0HR12v3A39qf4

The Climate Zones of the World​
Am I wrong in saying that with the fact that the Atlantic is much larger, the winds would travel a very long distance and we would end up with the entire Atlantic coast region being hit by constant and massive gales and hurricanes?

Am I wrong in saying that with the fact that the Atlantic is much larger, the winds would travel a very long distance and we would end up with the entire Atlantic coast region being hit by constant and massive gales and hurricanes?
Imagine hurricanes forming in Antarctica and winding up in Greenland or Siberia on the other side of the world.

Imagine hurricanes forming in Antarctica and winding up in Greenland or Siberia on the other side of the world.
I can't even imagine how big they would be

Also, how do you think rising sea levels affect geography? Would it be like Jaredia or would it have different changes?

You could make the argument for either jaredia type lower sea levels of higher sea levels(like the one worldbuildingpasta scenario with a polar africa that's acontinent of taiga).

You could make the argument for either jaredia type lower sea levels of higher sea levels(like the one worldbuildingpasta scenario with a polar africa that's acontinent of taiga).
I think higher sea levels are more plausible, the north pole is somewhere in northern Ethiopia, so practically the entire north pole would be on land.
How plausible would it be for the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf to dry up here?

If you go with Jaredia type drops? Pretty plausible. If you decide to go with boreal forst africa then no.
My goal was to have a world where temperate climates (Mediterranean, oceanic and continental) were the dominant climates. Can you talk more and develop the topic? I'm pretty new to this alternative climate thing, but I'm really interested in trying to make a more complex map

I imagine that only the African regions closest to the Arctic Circle and the mountainous regions would be boreal, while regions further south like OTL South Africa and OTL Northwest Africa would be more temperate, although I have no idea if they would be continental or oceanic. , what do you think?

If the map you did a few posts up in representive then it looks good for temperate climates, at least in the americas. You've got the rockies/andes protecting from winds off the south polar ocean. Can't call it antarctic since antarctica is to the east.

Yeah, I'm uh pretty sure you'd need to make up new koppen climate types for this. Not saying you can't get your "more temperate and less tropical/arctic/continental climate than OTL' idea but it's not reshuffling climates.

Anyone else has a opinion about the possible climate and biomes of this world?

1711398719042.png

image.png

A new detailed climate key I made measured in multiples of 5 for Kelvin in August and January using study data. For reference, 275K is 1.85C. This is for average monthly temperature in terms of daily mean.
This makes the study data much easier to read to me and gives you a sort of idea of how hot or cold a region is in certain times of the year. If people are interested, I can use this to run custom information as to how biogeography may work here, like whether X plants or animals could live where as long as humidity is sufficient.

Along with the humidity data in previous posts, has this significantly changed opinions on where the best places for habitation would be on Retrograde or Turnovia? Because it has for me personally.

Attachments

• 1711398821123.png
    1711398821123.png
    374.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited: