Pictures of the CSA

i-60a.jpg

The Populist president Huey Long who led the country through the Great Depression and the Pacific War. He actually overturned the amendment of only serving one 6 year term and served from 1932-1938 and 1938-1944 and was elected one more term 1944-1950. In 1945 when there was talk that about actually going with the idea of freeing the Fighting Bucks, an Louisianian physician, Carl Weiss assassinated him at an speech Long was giving about the soon to be post-war climate on September 8th. He was succeed by his vice-president Franklin Roosevelt who ranks as one of the worst Confederate presidents of all time.

That's some pretty grizzly shite. :eek:
Yeah, I found even more disgusting photos. It's from the Portuguese Colonial War back in 1969, when the Portuguese committed plenty of war crimes (not that the African guerrillas were much better). Not many people remember the war, because the whole thing got overshadowed by the Vietnam War.

Last edited:
A question people:

Would the demonym of the CSA's citizens actually be Confederate? Would'nt it be like calling U.S. citizens "Uniteds" or "Federals"? I've always thought about it... and I'm thinking "Dixie" could have been embraced by the CSA... or no?

Anyway, regards.

A question people:

Would the demonym of the CSA's citizens actually be Confederate? Would'nt it be like calling U.S. citizens "Uniteds" or "Federals"? I've always thought about it... and I'm thinking "Dixie" could have been embraced by the CSA... or no?

Anyway, regards.

Dixie yes but if there is no actually US then the CSA doesn't have to share the title of "Americans" so they can use it.

Dixie yes but if there is no actually US then the CSA doesn't have to share the title of "Americans" so they can use it.

Well, lets suppose there is a U.S.

I guess they would keep the "American" demonym, while the southeners would stick with "Dixie" or "C.S."...

That said, great pictures everyone!

well, demonyms in a southern victory timeline could go in many directions. in my opinion, one likley option is a smewhat complicated system where citizens of both countries claim to be "american", while refering to each other depending on the situation as either "federal" and "confederate" or "yankee/yank" and "rebel/reb". the rest of the world would probably end up calling them "u.s." and "c.s."

of course, "dixie(an)" does sound pretty cool, especially if paired with "usonian" for northerners.

well, demonyms in a southern victory timeline could go in many directions. in my opinion, one likley option is a smewhat complicated system where citizens of both countries claim to be "american", while refering to each other depending on the situation as either "federal" and "confederate" or "yankee/yank" and "rebel/reb". the rest of the world would probably end up calling them "u.s." and "c.s."

of course, "dixie(an)" does sound pretty cool, especially if paired with "usonian" for northerners.

I'd imagine that the terms would be:

"American" - in national use (when referring to one's self)

"Unioners or Northerners" - US citizens as referred to by CS citizens and possibly the wider world in polite fashion

"Confederates or Southerners" - CS citizens referred to by US citizens and the wider world in polite fashion

"Union Americans" - US citizens as referred to by the wider world (and possibly CS citizens) in the most polite context

"Confederate Americans" - CS citizens as referred to by the wider world (and possibly US citizens) in the most polite manner

"Yankees or Yanks" - US citizens in a more slang (and derogatory?) fashion

"Rebels, Rebs, Dixies" - CS citizens in a more slang (and derogatory) manner.

"Gringos" - US and CS citizens in a slang and derogatory manner by Latin Americans.

Wolfpaw

Banned
A question people:

Anyway, regards.
IOTL many CS soldiers considered and referred to themselves as Americans, while the other side was usually called Yankees or Federals.

Glenn_Beck_Restoring_Honor_Finger_Pointing.jpg

abolitionist and Doctor of American History, Glenn Beck at the 100th anniversary of Linclon's Death in 2009, Beck has been a driving force in the "Restoring Honor" movement, a grouping of Historians and activists working to rehabilitate Lincoln in the public eye, though a loose movement to do this had been going on even in the latter years of Lincoln's life, it wasn't till Beck's ground breaking and popular books on Lincoln that it became widely poplar with the Canadian public, all leading to his Restoring Honor rally in Ottawa with himself and a number of Liberal MPs as speakers, it brought 87,000 people out.

"Gringos" - US and CS citizens in a slang and derogatory manner by Latin Americans.

I'd think it'd be like this:

"Gringos" - Latin American and Spanish slang term for all European foreigners, especially US citizens.

"Negrero(gringo)s" - Latin American and Spanish slang term for CS citizens--from negrero, meaning slaver, and gringo.

"Estadounidense" - Formal Latin American and Spanish term for US citizens.

"Estadoconfederadense/Estadoconfedense" - Formal Latin American and Spanish term for CS citizens.

"Eudense" - Short word for a US citizen in Spanish. From EE. UU.

"Ecedense" - Short word for a CS citizen in Spanish. From EE. CC.

"Revo/Rebelde" - Other words for Confederate in Spanish, used when speaking from the American point of view, like in the American Civil War section of a textbook or something. The former comes from revolucionario.

duke-and-duchess-of-windsor-with-adolph-hitler.jpg

Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor and Willis, Duchess of Windsor meeting with Hitler shortly before their 1938 move to the CSA

Nixon_and_the_Windsors.gif

The Duke and Duchess in later life at a White House party with President Nixon, from the time they moved to the CSA in 1938 till The Duchess's Death in 1986 they were regulars at White House get togethers, they were very popular with the American media and public, they were often called "The American/Confederate royals" or "The American Duke"

Found no place to post this and it is just to damn awesome not to put it in here:

tachanka_g.jpg

Behold! The Confederate Tachanka!

Iown5fags

Banned
I'm sorry guys but this whole exaggerating the racism in the South is very offensive and demeaning to the true south. And the idea that slavery would somehow still be around if the South had victory is absurd, it would have been abolished/become obsolete for the same reasons everywhere else = industrial revolution.

I'm sorry guys but this whole exaggerating the racism in the South is very offensive and demeaning to the true south. And the idea that slavery would somehow still be around if the South had victory is absurd, it would have been abolished/become obsolete for the same reasons everywhere else = industrial revolution.

take it up with Spike Lee, plus its not meant to be real alt-history, its a social commentary

and you're name is.... yeah.