Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

US President Harry Truman receives British Prime Minister Clement Attlee at his official residence in Philadelphia. The pair were the first American President and British PM to meet and was to contribute to a warming of Anglo-American relations.

The end of the Second Great War had seen the rise of Japan, a concern to the US and Germany. Britain, though defeated had not surrendered in either of the Great Wars and still had powerful resources and industry to hand.

Both the US and Germany began to look at their erstwhile enemy as a potential ally against Japan.

tl191 attlee truman.jpg

US troops in the Battle of Pittsburgh, shown trying to take a house from the Confederates.

US barrels in West Virginia.

CS troops in the Appalachian mountains.

U.S. soldiers pose with the captured flag of a pro-Confederate terrorist group in the newly re-admitted state of Kentucky, 1928

It wouldn't be a "newly re-admitted" state after ten years.

And from everything I could gather, the U.S. military didn't operate in Kentucky until the collapse of federal civilian power, namely the Kentucky State Police, in the mid-1930s.

It wouldn't be a "newly re-admitted" state after ten years.

And from everything I could gather, the U.S. military didn't operate in Kentucky until the collapse of federal civilian power, namely the Kentucky State Police, in the mid-1930s.
I thought it was readmitted pretty quickly, wasn't it?

soviet-delegate-to-the-un-yakov-malik.jpg

Viktor Turov (1908-1987), first preident of the Republic of Russia. His Presidncy (1964-1978) in the wake if the fall of the Russian empire saw the reassurgance of Russia with her victory in the Fourth Pacific War and cooperation with the American Space Program.

Occ: Based on After the End btw. IOTL this is Yakov Malik, a soviet diplomat.

Corbis-U1585387-20.jpg

Republican Presidential candidate a Morgan Reynolds (1925- ) being interviewed after a Presidential debate on October 22nd 1984.

OCC: IOTL that's actually Gus Hall, prominent member of the American Commnsit Party. Also from After the End btw.

Heinrich Bar, a German GWII flying ace, fighting against the British and Russians.

Confederate troops on the Mississippi, 1942.

US scout car with CS prisoners of war, 1943, Kentucky.

Three_bones%E2%80%93a_bountiful_tip_%28Bushnell_caricature%2C_1918%29.JPG

An American political cartoon satirizing how the Ottoman Empire received so little from her involvement in the war, particularly against the moribund Russian Empire, compared to their ally the German Empire. The cartoon was published shortly after the signing of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk between Germany and the civil war torn Russian Empire in 1918.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1980-036-05%2C_Amin_al_Husseini_bei_bosnischen_SS-Freiwilligen.jpg

Haj Amin al Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, inspecting newly deployed German trained Ottoman soldiers, November 1943.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1977-137-20%2C_Bosnische_SS-Freiwillige_beim_Gebet.jpg

Ottoman soldiers on the Eygptian front pray towards Mecca, circa 1942

Not a translation or anything, just period-appropriate lyrics.

Tune here.

-snip-

That is an awesome TL-191 American version of "Die Wacht am Rheim." :D I know you wrote this a while back, but for the fun of it heres a fixed up version. I just fixed some lyrics to make it flow better with the music and such. Plus I gave the American verison a name. I hope you guys like it. :)

The Sword of Remembrance by John Phillip Sousa, 1914

Remembrance looks on Ellis fair,
'Cross oceans, for her sons despair,
Rebels have took her kindred dear,
and force her to submit in fear!

(Refrain)

Columbia, hold back your tears,
Columbia, hold back your tears!
Sword of Remembrance, does guide us all!
Sword of Remembrance, does guide us all!

Slavemongers, with their mocking flag,
of freedom's grand old bounty brag,
Yet shackle slaves in iron chains,
and frolic in fellow man's pain!

(Refrain)

Liars, in name of republic,
Hoisted in place of fasces stick,
Sent Columbia's sons to die in vain,
To justify their unjust reign!

(Refrain)

Columbia, in place of Union Jack,
Then took her rifles off the rack,
threw back a crown of plunder rich,
a union she would have to stitch!

(refrain)

Their spite of Freedom's working ways,
made them expand to conquer slaves,
explained themselves as workingmen,
while slaves were forced to live in pens!

(refrain)

So we, good sons of Columbia,
shall free from false Utopia,
restore to them all to a free land,
and reunite our Motherland!

(refrain)

That is an awesome TL-191 American version of "Die Wacht am Rheim." :D I know you wrote this a while back, but for the fun of it heres a fixed up version. I just fixed some lyrics to make it flow better with the music and such. Plus I gave the American verison a name. I hope you guys like it. :)

I like it very much. Now I'm thinking of writing a US version of Alte Kameraden (Old Comrades, a German march).

Old Comrades: the US Edition

Sung to the German march Alte Kameraden by Carl Teike

March on, Old Comrades, Columbia does call,
To fight on for the Stars and Stripes!
The rebs are roused, their men at arms,
Pecking at us just like little snipes!

Comrades, Old Comrades, the time has come,
To bring these states back into place!
Washington fought for unity,
Not for this secessionist disgrace!

When we've camped out in the land of cotton,
We'll show the people there the Union has not forgotten,
We'll each find a sweet Southern belle,
And show her the strength of a Union man!

Laughing, Cheering, Laughing, Cheering, down in sweet Georgia brown,
Preaching liberation and keeping rebels down!
Mississippi is so pretty when it's in the Union's hands,
And then we will be lounging in sunny Florida sands!

When their barrels come gargling towards us,
We won't grovel, we won't make a fuss,
For we are Uncle Sam's best men,
And hell to these Confederates impends!

Their men in Richmond are afraid,
That we will slit their throats with blades,
But sadly we don't have time for fun,
We'll just blow their brains out with a gun!

British forces liberate Utrecht from the Germans, Second Great War. They would later be beaten back to the UK after the nuclear bombing of London.

Um, the British were the bad guys in the SGW, so I highly doubt the pro-German Dutch people would cheer them on, except for some groups of collaborators. Especially taking in account what plans Action Francaise-France might have had for our country.

Um, the British were the bad guys in the SGW, so I highly doubt the pro-German Dutch people would cheer them on, except for some groups of collaborators. Especially taking in account what plans Action Francaise-France might have had for our country.

"Liberated" is a subjective term.