Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

%281919%29_pic22_-_The_leaders_of_the_Japanese_Forces_in_Siberia%2C_General_Kikuyo_Otani_and_Lieut.-General_Mitsuya.jpg

Lieut.-General Mitsue Yui and General Kikuzo Otani, de facto rulers of Primorsky region in the Russian far east. Japanese control in the region was established during the Siberian intervention during the Russian Civil War The Japanese would set up the puppet Regional government of Primorye legally still a part of The Russian empire but de facto autonomous effectively under the control of the IJA . there successors in the region were General Kenkichi Ueda and Yukio Kasahara both were transferred from Kwantung Army Control of the Russian far east is also gave a buffer state to the anguojun Government in northeast China that was also supported by Japanese. Japanese control in the region lasted until 1943 when effectively war was declared between the Russian empire and Japan and fighting between Russian and Japanese troops started in the region

Last edited:
President Hosea Blackford (S-DA), 1932
View attachment 708565
I just stumbled onto this image of Hosea Blackford yesterday and I actually adore it - this may very well be the single best portrait of a Timeline 191 character that I’ve yet seen (Since it has the perfect balance of Cool Old Guy, Silver Fox, ex-Frontiersman and the sort of fellow Vice President the late Thomas R. Marshall would absolutely love to shoot the breeze with).

Kudos to you, Good Sir!

Good grief, did the Knight of the Plains really go full Napoleon at the inauguration? (I thought my vague mental image of the man as ‘Texas Herman Goering as played by Mr Matthew Mcconaughey’ was a pet theory, rather than cold hard canon!).

You know I really do wonder where Knight came from, what he wanted for the CSA and what he was getting up to when Jake Featherston couldn’t be bothered to take an interest …

Good grief, did the Knight of the Plains really go full Napoleon at the inauguration? (I thought my vague mental image of the man as ‘Texas Herman Goering as played by Mr Matthew Mcconaughey’ was a pet theory, rather than cold hard canon!).
That's what the books say in Featherston's inauguration scene.
You know I really do wonder where Knight came from, what he wanted for the CSA and what he was getting up to when Jake Featherston couldn’t be bothered to take an interest …
Probably more western focused, maybe even agrarian or even a clerical (protestant though) fascist, and from what Pinkard says to the Texas rangers during his arrest, as anti-Mexican/Confederado (my #2 at SV came up with that) as Featherston is anti-Black.

That would definitely scan with my assumptions about old man Knight - that he’s smoother than Featherston, but roughly as bad even though he’s not quite as Evil.

Also, I definitely like the idea that he deploys many of the tricks he picked up from the Come to Jesus circuit to somewhat less high-minded purpose.

I just thought of Something, remember in OTL there was Rape of Belgium in World War 1 and Entente used that for Recruitment of their Army to Protect the Belgian from the Hun.

Do you think the Yankees will do the Same thing with Sequoyah or Kentucky with how German does it with Belgium?

I believe that the novels imply - I’m not sure if they ever explicitly state it - that the United States borrows a little too faithfully from the German playbook in Timeline 191 (Though I’d bet on ‘Frightfulness’ being applied more consistently & mercilessly in Sequoyah and Canada than in Kentucky).

Pittsburgh-Class Aircraft Carrier, USS Al Smith being scrapped some time around 1979. Her sister Pittsburgh was retired in 1992, and was converted into a museum in San Diego. While her other sister USS Midway was retired and sold to India. Midway (now renamed to INS Vikramaditya) is still in active service as of 2022, however India has plans of retiring her in 2028.

0242aub.jpg

Note: The reason why the Pittsburgh class where in active service for such a long time, is because of Congress pushing the Navy to keep them in active service as long as possible, and the other reason why is to compete with The Japanese Empire's post SGW fleet. USS Al Smith was deployed in the Mediterranean Sea for most of her life. However she never received the constant upgrades her two older sisters where getting. And also during a inspection of her hull in 1972, showed that she was in terrible shape. So it was decided that she was to be retired and scrapped by the end of the decade. However President McGovern wanted to keep her in active service and upgrade her. However this never happened, and she was scrapped in 1978, and scrapping was completed in early 1980.
In the mid 1980's it turned out that USS Midway was in great shape, and she could be used well in to the 2000's. However, it became too expensive to operate USS Pittsburgh and Midway. However India offered to buy Pittsburgh or Midway. The United States decided to sell Midway to India in 1989. Midway is renamed to "Vikramaditya" and is still in active service. However Vikramaditya is simply getting too old for active service, after all she was built during the Second Great War. India plans to retire Vikramaditya in 2028, and replacing her with INS Vikrant which due to many setbacks, is scheduled to be commissioned in 2028.
file uuu.png

Vikramaditya as of 2022. (although I edited the picture myself, all credit goes to ALVAMA)

Pittsburgh-Class Aircraft Carrier, USS Al Smith being scrapped some time around 1979. Her sister Pittsburgh was retired in 1992, and was converted into a museum in San Diego. While her other sister USS Midway was retired and sold to India. Midway (now renamed to INS Vikramaditya) is still in active service as of 2022, however India has plans of retiring her in 2028.

View attachment 733609
Note: The reason why the Pittsburgh class where in active service for such a long time, is because of Congress pushing the Navy to keep them in active service as long as possible, and the other reason why is to compete with The Japanese Empire's post SGW fleet. USS Al Smith was deployed in the Mediterranean Sea for most of her life. However she never received the constant upgrades her two older sisters where getting. And also during a inspection of her hull in 1972, showed that she was in terrible shape. So it was decided that she was to be retired and scrapped by the end of the decade. However President McGovern wanted to keep her in active service and upgrade her. However this never happened, and she was scrapped in 1978, and scrapping was completed in early 1980.
In the mid 1980's it turned out that USS Midway was in great shape, and she could be used well in to the 2000's. However, it became too expensive to operate USS Pittsburgh and Midway. However India offered to buy Pittsburgh or Midway. The United States decided to sell Midway to India in 1989. Midway is renamed to "Vikramaditya" and is still in active service. However Vikramaditya is simply getting too old for active service, after all she was built during the Second Great War. India plans to retire Vikramaditya in 2028, and replacing her with INS Vikrant which due to many setbacks, is scheduled to be commissioned in 2028.View attachment 733610
Vikramaditya as of 2022. (although I edited the picture myself, all credit goes to ALVAMA)
Interesting drawing, a cross between the Midway class and the H.M.S. Hermes.