Paleogeographic basemaps

hope this isn't hijacking, but I made some a while back. One for Late Permian, and one for K/PG

permian_extinction.png

65mya_alpha1.png

540 Ma
Terribly sorry for the very long hiatus, but I have returned with the next map in the series. 540 million years ago, during the Cambrian explosion and after an ice age (the Baykonurian glaciation, says the internet). Many things have gotten in the way of the completion of this map, but I hope to upload more often from now on. A best-case scenario would be a weekly upload schedule, but that probably won't happen. I have realised that some of the labels in the previous map are inaccurate, but you can probably extrapolate the (hopefully) correct labels from this map.
2 540 Ma blank.png
2 540 mya.png

hope this isn't hijacking, but I made some a while back. One for Late Permian, and one for K/PG

View attachment 670445

View attachment 670446
Don't worry at all, you can post your own maps here, but I would recommend also posting them somewhere else, e.g. the Blank Map Thread or one of your own threads, as this thread wasn't really intended to be a general thread for paleogeographic basemaps. Apologies if the title made that unclear.

Unfortunately, the next map will not come this week for personal reasons. Hopefully it (or possibly an 80 Ma map) will come in the week after.