On a Tall White Ship (#2)

Looks good.

As for who Plantagenent would marry, since Anjou and Normandy were traditional enemies he might go with a wife who could net him support against Normandy. The obvious candidates would be someone from Brittany (Normandy's other traditional enemy), Scotland (England's traditional enemy), or Champagne (The major Frankish territory a this time, ruled over by Stephen's family).

Not quite true there, jmberry. William III is already married to Isabella of Anjou, sister of the orginal plantegenat. Henry I liked Gregory at first, and much of their disagreements came at his forced marriage to Maud. I doubt he does anything here to draw England's ire.
I doublechecked my sources and it turns out you were right. The Anglo-Norman barons only opposed the marriage when it became clear that Matilda would be Henry's heiress, hoping they could get her to marry one of their own.

I doublechecked my sources and it turns out you were right. The Anglo-Norman barons only opposed the marriage when it became clear that Matilda would be Henry's heiress, hoping they could get her to marry one of their own.
The Plantegenat looked pretty promising, and might still end up landing a high ranking daughter. Anjou is a thriving crown during the period, and its important. Brittany could add to what he later inhierts, Champagne is fairly open, daughter of some anglo-norman earl to further cement the alliance between Norman England and Anjou. The handsome has lots of possiblities if I get some research time. I think he'll be looking to strengthen his territories overall, He won't be in a postion to marry early like OTL, and he already has powerful allies.