My World

Gan

Banned
I'm currently working on a world. I'll be using this thread to post the map(s) of this world as I design it. I'll likely be designing it one continent/landmass at a time. Each continent will be developed over the course of several maps(BAMs so I can get more detailed later, so beware), which will start out simple and become more detailed over time.

Aside from continents I will occasionally post maps of individual cities, towns, and settlements after their outlines are placed on one of the over-world maps.

I will be happy to hear any advice you may have. I will even allow some minor assistance after I finish some basics for this world, such as mapping out settlements or areas I haven't done at that point. Just ask me if I plan on doing it myself beforehand.

As I mentioned before I will be working on one continent at a time. Each continent will start out as several very basic maps, which will be replaced by updated/more detailed versions over time. Each continent will likely take several weeks to a month before I'm completely finished, probably more for the first one(first time doing this), so expect this to be a long project.

I will attempt to make one large map showing the entire continent once I'm done with it, although that depends on if I can upload it. An even bigger if will be when I'm completely done, which is to make one extremely large map of the entire world. I'm not sure if my computer could handle it, nor am I sure if I could find someplace to upload such a thing. I may even have to wait for computer technology to improve.

Alright, time to get started.

The year is 1580 CE(The event that resulted in the era may be based on religion or a historical event), their technology is slightly more advanced than ours'(2023-2030 levels).

Far North Provinces 4,848,096 km²

Mid-North Provinces 3,356,000 km²

Central Provinces 2,829,008 km²

Mid-South Provinces 3,320,520 km²

Southeast Provinces 3,844,775 km²

Far South Provinces 4,290,480 km²

Total Area(including water) = 22,488,879 km²

This first continent will be spanned by a single sovereign nation, which will be one of the superpowers, and its' United States. While the nation(yet to be named) will have some similarities to OTL US, it will be quite different. The first is that it's much larger, similar in scale to Russia, but less permafrost-covered land. It will use provinces rather than states to divide territory. It also contains a far larger population, around 1.6 billion people. As a consequence to its' large area and population the the provinces will be more numerous than OTL's states.

Although the initial maps are outlines, they will be replaced over the next few weeks with more detailed maps. This will include geography(mountains, lakes, inland seas, rivers, and climatic areas), more islands off the coasts, provinces, and the locations of settlements.

Last edited: