MotF 79: The Empire Under the Sun

My entry, had a half finished version around for a while now.

Here Bismarck is more annex happy and at the Treaty of London (1867) pushes for Luxembourg (ostensibly to stop Napoleon III taking it) and Limburg (Which was given to Prussia's possession in order for the Netherlands to secure preferential trading with Prussia and the German Confedederation) to become part of the German Confederations. In the 7 weeks war between Prussia and Austria, Prussia annexes German Bohemia and the Sudetenland as war Reparations. The War of 1871 with France goes quite similarly as OTL.

The German Empire collapsed in 1915 after defeat in a "War of German Containment", when Kaiser Wilhelm II attempted to force Denmark into opening the Kattegat after a trade dispute. This brought France, Austria and the UK against the German Empire, who had largely isolated themselves after the War of 1871. Post War Germany was severely punished and a large part of the empire broken up.

Darker Grey striped areas mean areas gained or Annexed by the German Confederation/Prussia/Germany.

height_of_the_german_empire_by_nymain-d66mrtt.png

Krall

Banned
When is deadline?

Nominally the deadline is midnight on Saturday, but the entry period remains open until I post the voting thread, which should be in a few hours. :)

My entry, had a half finished version around for a while now.

Here Bismarck is more annex happy and at the Treaty of London (1867) pushes for Luxembourg (ostensibly to stop Napoleon III taking it) and Limburg (Which was given to Prussia's possession in order for the Netherlands to secure preferential trading with Prussia and the German Confedederation) to become part of the German Confederations. In the 7 weeks war between Prussia and Austria, Prussia annexes German Bohemia and the Sudetenland as war Reparations. The War of 1871 with France goes quite similarly as OTL.

The German Empire collapsed in 1915 after defeat in a "War of German Containment", when Kaiser Wilhelm II attempted to force Denmark into opening the Kattegat after a trade dispute. This brought France, Austria and the UK against the German Empire, who had largely isolated themselves after the War of 1871. Post War Germany was severely punished and a large part of the empire broken up.

Darker Grey striped areas mean areas gained or Annexed by the German Confederation/Prussia/Germany.

An amazing map, but I'm not sure it meets the challenge requirements - is the German Empire the largest or most populous country in the world at this point in time?

Also there's something weird going on with the borders on the, er, "tip" of Sweden.

Nominally the deadline is midnight on Saturday, but the entry period remains open until I post the voting thread, which should be in a few hours. :)

An amazing map, but I'm not sure it meets the challenge requirements - is the German Empire the largest or most populous country in the world at this point in time?

Also there's something weird going on with the borders on the, er, "tip" of Sweden.

Sorry your right, discount me, missed that part of the challenge!

The border is a glitch from inkscape not sure why but sometimes when exporting these artifacts appear

Krall

Banned
Sorry your right, discount me, missed that part of the challenge!

Ah, alright then. Seems a shame to disqualify such a good map, but rules are rules I'm afraid. :eek:

The border is a glitch from inkscape not sure why but sometimes when exporting these artifacts appear

Inkscape has a couple of weird glitches like that, especially if your image is very complex. I'm not sure if I've come across that one before though, so I'm not sure how you'd fix it.