Monarchy America

I am working on a novel about a monarchy america and so far i have this
please comment and suggest what i should do next

I was born when the American Republic died. It was a move that was expected from all nations. They all recognized the signs, all signs from a previous empire that surrounded a sea and half a continent, a declining economy, scandals in office, and a corrupted government. Yes they were troubled times.
Our republic was like a dead deer on the side of a road. Beaten and bruised, it would stay that way until someone moved it off and into the concealed woods, where nobody would notice. In one swift motion, it was accomplished. The riots for bread and food in major cities across America made it impossible to control under a government where the approval for everything is needed.
It was reported that a group of soldiers massacred the Senate and Congress on the chilly day of March 16th. Since the citizens and military were so fed up with the decisions of their representatives, the group were treated like heroes. On March 22nd, as the President was trying to reestablish the Senate, he was gunned down point blank in the Oval Office by one of the soldiers. He assumed himself as President for Life. His name was Alan Peterson. He and his twelve fellow comrades established the Great American Empire on April 13th 1992. That was the day I was born.
I grew up under the constant rule of the GAE. My whole life revolved around the military practices and the ideas of President Peterson. When I turned thirteen, the GAE had gained more territories even since the United Nations dissolved. Canada no longer existed and Mexico was split into States, with the exception of the Mexico City area, which was converted into a military training facility. I never knew of a world before the March Rebellions, what they called it in the textbooks. The GAE experienced periods of prosperity and peace through out the original territory.

From what I have heard from the time the GAE expanded that there were rebellions in Mexico and Canada. Even though they were put down after a couple of hours, there were rumors that there was an underground resistance was planning an uprising. By the time my fifteenth birthday came, the GAE created a new law stating that all men will be drafted into the military for five years at the age of fifteen. My parents were secretly supporters of the old America, but could be “silenced”. They decided to send me away to an aunt in San Francisco. I never made it. Since the train had stopped in San Diego to get an engine problem fixed, I had wandered off the train to take a look around. I wandered to the schedule display to see how much of a delay there would be. That is when I heard the train behind me explode and the orange flames lick the side of the station.