Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

I honestly doubt changing where the capital is located would have a drastic effect on American history, until we get to William Henry Harrison
It's hard to predict any specific knock-on effects until that point, but the decision to build the capital there could be part of a larger shift in the political scene. Maybe Hamilton manages to push through the Assumption Bill without needing to horse-trade for Southern support? Anyway, to answer your original question:
Neither of them seemed to have been very ideological, although Harrison would've obviously been more helpful for the Whigs in Congress than Tyler was. There were two openings on the Supreme Court which Harrison could have filled during his term had he survived, although that wouldn't be enough to swing the outcome of Dred Scott even if both Whig justices dissented. Taylor probably wouldn't have been any more effective than he was in reality. The only clear change I can see is that the details of vice presidential succession wouldn't be settled yet.

It's hard to predict any specific knock-on effects until that point, but the decision to build the capital there could be part of a larger shift in the political scene. Maybe Hamilton manages to push through the Assumption Bill without needing to horse-trade for Southern support? Anyway, to answer your original question:
but Harrison's survival would likely lead to clay winning new york and the presidency in 1844

It's hard to predict any specific knock-on effects until that point, but the decision to build the capital there could be part of a larger shift in the political scene. Maybe Hamilton manages to push through the Assumption Bill without needing to horse-trade for Southern support?
the vote actually was only one short of succeeding, it isn't that hard to believe

VVD0D95

Banned
What would be required for Charles i to win the bishops war?

or alternatively how could Charles I win the first English civil war?

If Miguel de Paz had lived, would Manuel I still remarry to Maria of Aragon?
We can not know for sure, but it is not too unlikely. Much would depend from Manuel’s will to remarry and from Isabella’s own wishes about Maria’s wedding: making her Miguel’s stepmother or marrying her to another ruler without heirs

Last edited:
We can not know for sure, but it is not too unlikely. Much would depend from Manuel’s will to remarry and from Isabella’s own wishes about Maria’s wedding: making her Miguel’s stepmother or marrying her to another ruler without heirs
She is attractive as a wife of Vladislaus of Hungary, I think either Joanna of Naples or Maria can marry Vladislaus as they carry the Trastamaran claims to Hungary.

I have been thinking in doing a TL about the Industrial Revolution first happening in China, but what time would be better? For now I have been thinking mostly in the Song dynasty and the Yuan dynasty