Map Thread XXII

Influence from Separate at Birth and WMIT?
I've had more influences than I can count, honestly. I'd like to give a few particular "thanks" to:

* A More Perfect Union. While I wasn't as inspired by this as many of my other projects, it got me into AltHist in general, and I'm immensely grateful for it.
* What Madness is This? Probably my favorite alternate history to date, and particularly inspirational in the level of detail I aspire to. ...Come to think of it, that may be the reason just about every timeline I've made has involved a Napoleonic Victory.
* Separated at Birth. Thanks to this one for getting me interested in some of the wacky things Victorians believed, and particularly for the alternate techline aspect.
* Male Rising. Though less of an inspiration, it led me to take a lot more of an interest in non-Eurocentric history, which I'm incredibly grateful for. I also included a surviving Sokoto Republic (albeit under different circumstances) to pay homage.
* Common Peace, Common Wealth. While the success of TTL's Japan in democratization isn't to the same level as that of CPCW, and it doesn't happen at America's expense, it's how I stole Japanese Alaska.
* Peccavi, which, on top of being an excellent timeline, encouraged me to make more works of my own.
* A few of my friends, including those who've spent more time as AltHist fans than me. Helping to bounce around ideas for other timelines, and having the return done for mine, has been hugely inspirational.

And many, many more, particularly in terms of AHCs and WIs, as well as crazy ideologies to use.
EDIT: Also huge inspiration from real life history that felt like an alternate timeline, 2020-2021. I probably shouldn't get into modern politics, but those two years were very formative for me as an alternate history writer.

Last edited:
Anglo-Portuguese personal union I take it? Or did political union come first? I'd read a full TL or even a TLIAW/M about this. Japanese Alaska was a nice touch.
Anglo-Portugal, or the Occidental Empire, is a personal union, after the unity of the Kingdom of Great Britain (no 1800 Acts of Union ITTL) and the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, and the Algarves. Portugal, particularly thanks to their Spanish neighbour, grew closer to the British, while also encouraging growth in Brazil that led to its expansion. To cut an incredibly long story short, the 19th century was not kind to Portugal (apart from allowing them to narrowly retain Brazil from a slavocratic secession). As Lusotropicalism and British Israelism grew in their respective countries, they eventually united into the all-encompassing, if contradictory and conspiratorial, "Occidental Theory". Occidental Theory became the groundworks for the political union between Britain and Portugal, which would, taking its name from the theory, be known as the Occidental Empire – The Empire of the West.

Really? I wasn't sure if people would be interested in this. I've considered a timeline of sorts, but it would be very long and very detailed, and certainly take a while.

Thanks! Japanese Alaska is primarily because of an American alliance with France against Russia. While America didn't exactly serve the greatest role (being preoccupied with their Grand Crusade), it was enough to get Russia searching for other options. What they went with doubled as a good way to secure what they were really after – a warm-water port in Port Arthur.

So I've been working on a map the last few weeks and I was working on the Baltic today and while I'm fine with the internal borders I'm not fully sure on the national borders for the main Baltic federation shown.

Note for those interested the countries shown are the Kingdom of Eesti, the Republic of Gütlind and the Federation of Baltejas* in 2025 ITTL.

HXN Baltic States, 2025.png

Last edited:
The weird ideology fest is always fun, I keep planning TLs like that as well.

But was there any particular POD here? I can imagine that the Inca are a revival but how did Bengal, which was the first place Britain conquered in India IOTL, end up independent in 1900 ITTL?
Thanks! There are definitely numerous weird ideologies included. I haven’t even mentioned Rusticism, Equalism, Populism, or a few others.

The POD? There’s no singular spark to light the fuse, but a few piling differences around the 18th century leads to a slightly different French and Indian War, and a very different American Revolution.

I'll be honest, India needs a very thorough rework. It was some of the first lore I worked on (I initially envisioned this timeline as one in which as many countries modernized as possible). It involved India switching hands unrealistically, and if I ever make this into a full timeline, the subcontinent will likely be quite different from what's depicted on the map.

There are definitely numerous weird ideologies included
Speaking of which, how would you describe Sovereigntism?

Lovely map, inspires me to move beyond my usual "colored squares on a white background" label system. Speaking of labels, did I somehow miss the one for South Germany?

One would think the religion issue (protestant-catholic union in the 19th century??) would nix any Portuguese-British union, but I suppose if the ideology is strong enough it might override religious principles.

Speaking of which, how would you describe Sovereigntism?

Lovely map, inspires me to move beyond my usual "colored squares on a white background" label system. Speaking of labels, did I somehow miss the one for South Germany?

One would think the religion issue (protestant-catholic union in the 19th century??) would nix any Portuguese-British union, but I suppose if the ideology is strong enough it might override religious principles.
Sovereigntism originated in the Radical Restoration era. As American ties to Britain were firmly and permanently severed, while loyalty to one's state was associated with the Confederacy of Independent States, America was in a sort of identity crisis. Sovereigntism posits that America is the antithesis of an empire altogether. They believe that America is more of a league of disparate peoples, all separate in some ways, but united in their culture of resistance to tyranny and reverence to the nation that embodies the struggle. Though unsuccessful in some ethnically homogenous nations, Sovereigntism is popular among the oppressed people of the world, being used by Yugoslav partisans, German Jews, East Asian anti-imperialists, and the oppressed peoples of the Occidentian Empire.

Thanks! To answer your question, you didn't miss it, I did. The South German Confederation should be the fourth party of the Rybakov-Montgomery Pact. After a brief period of time as a Rustic, anti-industrial state, a military coup backed by Occidentia turned it into a puppet of the Pact.

The religious issue is a massive problem, especially given anti-Catholic sentiment in Britain before the 1860s. It took almost a century of Portugal being Britain's sole European ally, the widespread emergence of Israelism (effectively a new branch of Christianity), Portuguese fears of being in the dustbin of history, and British fears of being surpassed by Portugal. Even with the populaces of both kingdoms being utterly in love with the idea, it took Portugal quite literally not having a choice (not having any male heirs) to accept the union. Even at that, those who opposed the union opposed it fiercely, and there were anti-Catholic and anti-Protestant riots throughout the Empire.

A map of a hypothetical Greek Rite (Greek Catholic and Orthodox) self-government structure in Slovakia, based on the 2021 census.
Blue lines show the borders of districts (each with at least 5000 Greek Rite Christians), light grey show borders of municipalities (each with at least 200 Greek Rite Christians).
Grekookresy.png

The unlabelled district near Košice is "Ťahanovce", a city part of Košice

Eight Kingdoms final.png

This is the War of the Eight Kingdoms (1630-1752)

Fallout between the Yuli clan, saw the Ming Court torn asunder. A failed coup by Zuli Shao, saw him seize Beijing, but failure to capture the Tainqi Emperor saw him proclaim the State of Yan (light brown) backed by the Asin Gioro clan (Dark Brown) The Miing court relocated to Nanjing (Green) In the North and Northwest the Northern Yuan dynasty (Darker Blue) strikes south. However, the Yuan was split in two as well A Borjiigiin claimant was backed by the Timuirids who had fled India and moved into the Tamrin Basin, this would lead to the formation of the Southern Yuan (Olive Green). The Ming's Southern authority would split into four states.

China's coastal cities have been opened up to trade with the Wa (Japanese) who have not given them trouble, even allowing some Red Seal ships and hiring Red Seal units to occasionally fight. Two officials Cao Yu and Wang Rui, with aid from these Red Seal units who are looking for glory, rise up forming the states of Yue (Red) under Cao Yu, while Wang Rui forms the state of Min (Light Blue) The State of Shu rose up (Light Purple) as Ming authority collapsed in the West. The ports frequented by Nanban traders a new faith movement has spread under the teachings of Zhang Lu, Master of the New Way of Heaven. A faith blending Daoist and Roman Catholic elements founded the state of Chu. (Light Brown)

This is one of the planned ideas I had for a continuation of A Storm Over Okehazama.

Last edited:
Biblically Accurate(ish) Apocalypse
hxJGHU5.png

…there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood. (6:12)
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. (6:14)
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; (6:15)
…and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. (8:5)
…and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. (8:7)
And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; (8:9)
…and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. (8:11)
…and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. (8:12)
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. (9:3)
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. (9:4)
And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. (9:7)
And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. (9:8)
And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. (9:9)
And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. (9:10)
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (13:1)
And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (17:11)
And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. (17:12)
These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. (17:13)
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. (13:16)
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (13:17)
…and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. (16:2)
…poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. (16:8)
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. (16:9)
…poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; (16:10)
…poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. (16:11)
And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. (16:16)
And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. (16:18)
And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. (16:20)
And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great. (16:21)
As an Armenian, I rather be part of Iran than Turkey and Azerbaijan.

View attachment 867010
From the same TL as my Vinland scenario. The Haudenosaunee Republic(Repblika Hádenosaani) is unitary presidential republic located in the heart of Hesperia. The Haudenosaunee people where formed when the semi-legendary figure known as Hiawatha, or the Great Peacemaker, United the warring tribes of the region into a single confederation. Hiawatha is widely regarded by the Haudenosaunee as the father of their country, and has a similar place in the Haudenosaunee imagination that for example Leif Erikson has in the Vinlandic imagination, Charlemagne has in the French imagination, or King Arthur has in the imaginations of the various nations of the British Isles. Following their unification, the Haudenosaunee began numerous wars of expansion against neighboring Algonquian peoples. The Haudenosaunee’s wars of expansion would lead to them conquering most of their current territory. The Haudenosaunee would enter a golden age following their victory over and conquest of their traditional rivals, the Huron, in the early 1700s. During this time period, the Haudenosaunee established themselves as the hegemonic power in the region, having no real competition. Due to this lack of competition, the Haudenosaunee shed their ancestral warlike ways and turned inward.

This period of relative stability would come to an end during the early Twentieth Century, as the Haudenosaunee proved unable to compete in an industrialized, modernized world. In 1911, a minor border dispute between the Haudenosaunee and the Anglo-French Empire from their colony in Assinoboinia would escalate into a three-year-long war in which the Haudenosaunee found themselves utterly humiliated. The Anglo-French would impose a treaty which declared the Haudenosaunee to be a protectorate of the Anglo-French Empire, which the Haudenosaunee almost immediately rebelled against. The Haudenosaunee War of Independence would end in 1920, with the Anglo-French Empire’s defeat in the Great Continental War, and the new Haudenosaunee Republic under Hetman[1] Konweraki Tekerihogen. Under Konwakeri’s[2] lead, the Haudenosaunee republic would begin to rapidly modernize, reestablishing themselves as a regional power.

Konweraki established an authoritarian, nationalistic regime and enforced his modernizing policies with a brutal and powerful secret police, the Ministry of Internal Security. He would serve as hetman until his death in 1953, when he would be succeeded by his son Halona. Halona would roll back most of his father’s more repressive policies until he decided to step down in 1967, allowing a new, democratic government to take hold. Konweraki and Halona remain controversial in the Haudenosaunee Republic today. On one hand, they were obviously dictators who occasionally resorted to repressive means to enact their agenda. On the other hand, they also turned the Haudenosaunee from a backwards and impoverished nation to a regional power at the cutting edge of innovation, and Konweraki in particular holds a certain prestige as the father of the republic.

The Haudenosaunee Republic’s greatest regional rival is the Vinlandic Commonwealth. Specifically, disputes over who controls certain parts of the Great Lakes remain a highly contentious issue between the two countries. The rival regional powers’ relationship has gotten worse since 2013, when they backed opposite sides in the Lenape Civil War. The two regional powers have engaged in several proxy wars throughout Hesperia, bringing more turmoil to the already troubled continent. In particular, the Haudenosaunee have tried to promote a Pan-Hesperian identity revolving around the Manitouist faith, in which the Haudenosaunee Republic is the beating heart of the continent. The Vinlanders have, in turn, resisted the Haudenosaunee’s regional ambitions whenever given the chance.

Over 90% of Haudenosaunee belong to the Manitouist faith. Manitouism is rooted in the belief in a spiritual life force called manitou(also called orenda among the Haudenosaunee) which permeates all things. The word “manitou” also refers to various spirits and deities worshipped in manitouism. Manitouist may be aashaa manitou, or good spirit, and otshee manitou, or bad spirit. Manitouist also believe in a creator god known as Gitchee Manitou, or the Geat Spirit. Manitouists believe that Gitchee Manitou gave everything its manitou. Manitouists believe that by following the precepts of the religion, we can return to Gitchee Manitou after death. Common Manitouists practices include prayer, fasting, and the use of hallucinogens. The use of certain drugs, particularly tobacco, in Manitouist ritual has become increasingly controversial among believers, with some advocating for doing away with these rituals. These reformers often cite health risks as their primary motivator. Manitouism is practiced throughout most of Northeastern Hesperia.

[1]The first major republic ITTL was in Russia, so “hetman” has the same connotation ITTL that “president” does IOTL.

[2]Tekerihogen is a title, not a surname(which the Haudenosaunee don’t really have ITTL)
Totally Love.

alt-u-s-states-the-caribbean-states-v0-26kn1so6u8vb1.png

USA state's: The Caribbean States​
Puerto Rico: The Modern Day history begins with United States on 25 July 1898, during the Spanish–American War, the U.S. invaded Puerto Rico with a landing at Guánica. After the U.S. prevailed in the war, Spain ceded Puerto Rico, along with the Philippines and Guam, to the U.S. under the Treaty of Paris, which went into effect on 11 April 1899. In the early 20th century, Puerto Rico was ruled by the U.S. military, with officials including the governor appointed by the president of the United States. The Foraker Act of 1900 gave Puerto Rico a civilian government, including a House of Representatives. The upper house and governor were appointed by the United States. In 1917, the U.S. Congress passed the Jones–Shafroth Act (popularly known as the Jones Act), which granted Puerto Ricans born on or after 25 April 1898 U.S. citizenship. In 1947, the U.S. Congress passed the Elective Governor Act, signed by President Truman, allowing Puerto Ricans to vote for their own governor. The first elections under this act were held the following year, on 2 November 1948. In 1967 Puerto Rico's Legislative Assembly polled the political preferences of the Puerto Rican electorate by passing a plebiscite act that provided for a vote on the status of Puerto Rico. In 1968, the results ended with continue territory statues but in a referendum held in 1993, the majority voted for Statehood. On April 21, 1995 President Ross Perot Admitted Puerto Rico as the 53rd State into the Union. Today Puerto Rico's economy is mainly driven by manufacturing (primarily pharmaceuticals, textiles, petrochemicals and electronics) followed by services. It's mainly politically a Center-left leaning state in elections.
Santo Domingo: In 1870, The Santo Domingo Annexation was signed and accepted by the U.S. House and Senate. The sugar industry was modernized, and attracted foreign workers, Recently freed black and immigrants. Lebanese, Syrians, Turks, and Palestinians began to arrive during the latter part of the 19th century. Between 1916–24, peasants from the countryside, called Gavilleros began an insurgency against the wealthy landowners and U.S. In 1947, Santo Domingo was admitted as the 49th State on August 19th. During the last three decades, the Dominican economy, formerly dependent on the export of agricultural commodities (mainly sugar, cocoa and coffee), has transitioned to a diversified mix of services, manufacturing, agriculture, mining, and trade. Santo Domingo has a close relationship with Gulf Nations, and has close cultural ties with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Gulf states, but it's relationship with neighboring Haiti is strained over mass Haitian migration to Santo Domingo, with citizens blaming the Haitians for increased crime and other social problems. As of the 2020 Election, Santo Domingo votes mainly Center-Right leaning.
Cuba: After the Spanish–American War, Spain and the United States signed the Treaty of Paris (1898), by which Spain ceded Puerto Rico, the Philippines, and Guam to the United States for the sum of US$20 million and Cuba became a protectorate of the United States. In 1902, there was an attempt for Independence but was crushed. Between 1910 to 1952, Cuba saw growth in tourism, manufacturing, and agriculture. In 1954, Then Governor Batista was killed by the Cuban Socialist movement led Fidel Castro and his supporters in an attempt to start a rebellion against the Batista government. But this failed and Castro was force to flee to the Mexican Socialist Republic. In the Mexican Missile Crisis 62', a Soviet Sub was stopped near Havana. Following The election of Ross Perot, the president Launched the "Freedom of Choice" Policy where U.S. Overseas Territories were given a choice of Independences, Staying the Same or Statehood. In July 1, 2006 Cuba is Currently the Last State (55th) to joined the Union. In recent years, Cuba has seen a growth of socialism in it's government. As of the 2020 election, Cuba votes mainly Democrat/ Democratic Socialist.

(Not Mine)​

Last edited:
Anglo-Portugal, or the Occidental Empire, is a personal union, after the unity of the Kingdom of Great Britain (no 1800 Acts of Union ITTL) and the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, and the Algarves. Portugal, particularly thanks to their Spanish neighbour, grew closer to the British, while also encouraging growth in Brazil that led to its expansion. To cut an incredibly long story short, the 19th century was not kind to Portugal (apart from allowing them to narrowly retain Brazil from a slavocratic secession). As Lusotropicalism and British Israelism grew in their respective countries, they eventually united into the all-encompassing, if contradictory and conspiratorial, "Occidental Theory". Occidental Theory became the groundworks for the political union between Britain and Portugal, which would, taking its name from the theory, be known as the Occidental Empire – The Empire of the West.
So does branqueamento become Empire-wide policy?
Really? I wasn't sure if people would be interested in this. I've considered a timeline of sorts, but it would be very long and very detailed, and certainly take a while.
Fair enough, I love weird TLs

Reposting, since nobody responded last time:

Does anyone recall a map in which Siberia is made up of multiple states created by Russian/Cossack adventurers rather than unified under centralizing Russian rule? Searching "Siberia" and "Cossacks" doesn't yield any joy.

Reposting, since nobody responded last time:

Does anyone recall a map in which Siberia is made up of multiple states created by Russian/Cossack adventurers rather than unified under centralizing Russian rule? Searching "Siberia" and "Cossacks" doesn't yield any joy.
Search this page

Yuan was split in two as well A Borjiigiin claimant was backed by the Timuirid who had fled India and moved into the Tamrin Basin,
Timurid as if mughals? They have left India completely or just a shehzada trying to escape his bro emperor? Is this Yuan state muslim? From the looks of it they comprise of Hui dominated regions.

Timurid as if mughals? They have left India completely or just a shehzada trying to escape his bro emperor? Is this Yuan state muslim? From the looks of it they comprise of Hui dominated regions.
Basically, what would be the Mughals were thrown out India when Akbar ends up dead very early on, causing them to flee to Afghanistan over a period of time. This Yuan state has a Muslim plurality but I would be aiming for maybe a more Persian-influenced Chinese court than a full-on Islamic China at least far as the Southern Yuan goals are

Basically, what would be the Mughals were thrown out India when Akbar ends up dead very early on, causing them to flee to Afghanistan over a period of time. This Yuan state has a Muslim plurality but I would be aiming for maybe a more Persian-influenced Chinese court than a full-on Islamic China at least far as the Southern Yuan goals are
So basically a Mughal Gansu-Qinghai? So who rules India? The Sur??

alt-u-s-states-the-caribbean-states-v0-26kn1so6u8vb1.png

USA state's: The Caribbean States​
Puerto Rico: The Modern Day history begins with United States on 25 July 1898, during the Spanish–American War, the U.S. invaded Puerto Rico with a landing at Guánica. After the U.S. prevailed in the war, Spain ceded Puerto Rico, along with the Philippines and Guam, to the U.S. under the Treaty of Paris, which went into effect on 11 April 1899. In the early 20th century, Puerto Rico was ruled by the U.S. military, with officials including the governor appointed by the president of the United States. The Foraker Act of 1900 gave Puerto Rico a civilian government, including a House of Representatives. The upper house and governor were appointed by the United States. In 1917, the U.S. Congress passed the Jones–Shafroth Act (popularly known as the Jones Act), which granted Puerto Ricans born on or after 25 April 1898 U.S. citizenship. In 1947, the U.S. Congress passed the Elective Governor Act, signed by President Truman, allowing Puerto Ricans to vote for their own governor. The first elections under this act were held the following year, on 2 November 1948. In 1967 Puerto Rico's Legislative Assembly polled the political preferences of the Puerto Rican electorate by passing a plebiscite act that provided for a vote on the status of Puerto Rico. In 1968, the results ended with continue territory statues but in a referendum held in 1993, the majority voted for Statehood. On April 21, 1995 President Ross Perot Admitted Puerto Rico as the 53rd State into the Union. Today Puerto Rico's economy is mainly driven by manufacturing (primarily pharmaceuticals, textiles, petrochemicals and electronics) followed by services. It's mainly politically a Center-left leaning state in elections.
Santo Domingo: In 1870, The Santo Domingo Annexation was signed and accepted by the U.S. House and Senate. The sugar industry was modernized, and attracted foreign workers, Recently freed black and immigrants. Lebanese, Syrians, Turks, and Palestinians began to arrive during the latter part of the 19th century. Between 1916–24, peasants from the countryside, called Gavilleros began an insurgency against the wealthy landowners and U.S. In 1947, Santo Domingo was admitted as the 49th State on August 19th. During the last three decades, the Dominican economy, formerly dependent on the export of agricultural commodities (mainly sugar, cocoa and coffee), has transitioned to a diversified mix of services, manufacturing, agriculture, mining, and trade. Santo Domingo has a close relationship with Gulf Nations, and has close cultural ties with the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Gulf states, but it's relationship with neighboring Haiti is strained over mass Haitian migration to Santo Domingo, with citizens blaming the Haitians for increased crime and other social problems. As of the 2020 Election, Santo Domingo votes mainly Center-Right leaning.
Cuba: After the Spanish–American War, Spain and the United States signed the Treaty of Paris (1898), by which Spain ceded Puerto Rico, the Philippines, and Guam to the United States for the sum of US$20 million and Cuba became a protectorate of the United States. In 1902, there was an attempt for Independence but was crushed. Between 1910 to 1952, Cuba saw growth in tourism, manufacturing, and agriculture. In 1954, Then Governor Batista was killed by the Cuban Socialist movement led Fidel Castro and his supporters in an attempt to start a rebellion against the Batista government. But this failed and Castro was force to flee to the Mexican Socialist Republic. In the Mexican Missile Crisis 62', a Soviet Sub was stopped near Havana. Following The election of Ross Perot, the president Launched the "Freedom of Choice" Policy where U.S. Overseas Territories were given a choice of Independences, Staying the Same or Statehood. In July 1, 2006 Cuba is Currently the Last State (55th) to joined the Union. In recent years, Cuba has seen a growth of socialism in it's government. As of the 2020 election, Cuba votes mainly Democrat/ Democratic Socialist.

(Not Mine)​
Oh dear. This is going to be either great or terrible for vexillologists, as they keep explaining to people why people having the flags of these Caribbean states having the same proportions are wrong. And then of course you will get people trying to reverse the colors in the Ohio flag for a bit of trolling... Anyways, I do wonder if the map creator had Middle Easterners tossed in with Whites. I suppose many of them would have looked similar to Greeks and Italians, so the only difference between those considered White or Hispanic here might have been the accent. Actually almost surprising they differentiated between groups in the Levant, as I know a lot of early immigrants classified as Syrian were from Lebanon. Does lead to some confusions, as in the Titanic movie they had them trying to read instructions with a guidebook when trying to get off the ship. In real life most knew English or French and I believe all managed to get themselves off the ship alive. The more you know.